Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Webb Bell Buckle or Knoxville?
You jogged a nice memory. My youngest daughter graduated from Webb School in Bell Buckle. Unique little town! Some of you older members would remember the actress Dixie Carter...was married to Hal Holbrook and starred in the TV series Designing Women. My daughter and I had the pleasure of meeting her in the 1980’s—in a “believe it or not” moment, my daughter mentioned she was a junior at a small school in Bell Buckle, TN. Dixie Carter said, “Webb School???” Dixie C. graduated from Webb School! This encounter occurred in Las Vegas, making the whole situation surreal. As a footnote of additional strangeness: I am 68 years old. My mom’s OBGYN, who delivered me in 1952 in Johnson City, was also a graduate of Webb in Bell Buckle in the 1920’s.

Last edited:
You jogged a nice memory. My youngest daughter graduated from Webb School in Bell Buckle. Unique little town! Some of you older members would remember the actress Dixie Carter...was married to Hal Holbrook and starred in the TV series Designing Women. My daughter and I had the pleasure of meeting her in the 1980’s—in a “believe it or not” moment, my daughter mentioned she was a junior at a small school in Bell Buckle, TN. Dixie Carter said, “Webb School???” Dixie C. graduated from Webb School! This encounter occurred in Las Vegas, making the whole situation surreal. As a footnote of additional strangeness: I am 68 years old. My mom’s OBGYN, who delivered me in 1952 in Johnson City, was also a graduate of Webb in Bell Buckle in the 1920’s.

Wayne Rogers, who played Trapper John on MASH was also a Web grad.

I feel like that’s why it’s Kessler or bust...

I'd be fine with it since that would mean we would have a lot more guys returning for another good squad.

You would Vescovi as a Senior, ORN (Jr) (if he is here still), Powell (Jr), Tamba (RSFr) Aidoo (Soph), then you would have Edwards coming in as a Freshman, also QDE (RSFr), and Plav (RSSr) (if he is still here), and JJJ (Sr). So right there is another nice roster for the following year, and that's without a couple more HS recruits or transfer.

Reactions: Maxwell865
I think the staff will likely wait and see...my guess is Tamba is on a similar timeframe as BHH, he would’ve announced already had the staff given the go ahead. That tells me that they’re holding off and seeing who they can get.
I’d take Aidoo and BHH this year and have Tamba play one more year with Edwards to get more polished before 2022. Assuming BHH and Fulky leave.

Do we tell Tambo to wait until 2022 if we get Aidoo?
I’m like 99% sure he’s already committed to reclassify but he hasn’t announced so it could be a wait and see. I think we would still have 1 spot left if Aidoo, BHH, and Tamba all committed so I don’t think it would be beneficial to have him redshirt in a college program instead of one more year in High School.

Why did Aidoo decommit from Marquette? Did he ever say, I just saw him thank Wojo and Gainey for recruiting him but say he was going elsewhere. Since then he mentioned Oklahoma State and Oklahoma I think. Would love it if we did land him and would hope Barnes would let him play offense on the perimeter some as that seems to be his current strength. I do love that you see those 15-20 rebound games out of him as you would expect from a 7 footer in high school.

Why did Aidoo decommit from Marquette? Did he ever say, I just saw him thank Wojo and Gainey for recruiting him but say he was going elsewhere. Since then he mentioned Oklahoma State and Oklahoma I think. Would love it if we did land him and would hope Barnes would let him play offense on the perimeter some as that seems to be his current strength. I do love that you see those 15-20 rebound games out of him as you would expect from a 7 footer in high school.
Wojo got fired.

Reactions: Maxwell865

VN Store

Back