Amazon Labor Union Vote

It really is amazing that people often do things that are counter to their interests. People often screw the long term for an immediate return.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
It really is amazing that people often do things that are counter to their interests. People often screw the long term for an immediate return.

??

Are you saying the employees made the wrong decision?

I remember when I worked for Berkline while in college...I knew it wasn't long term gig for me so I didn't really care...the Union held a vote and they were literally handing out pamphlets every night with lies...the company did a good job of explaining them...one of the big ones is we can stop them from ever moving the factory to Mexico

??

Are you saying the employees made the wrong decision?
No, organizing to union gives slightly higher wages up front but limits upward mobility and virtually ensures you never do more than work the assembly line. Cream rises to the top at most employers, at union places hangers on who rack up seniority get jobs over better, more qualified and ambitious people.

And that's just one negative aspect of union labor.

At one point in this country unions were absolutely needed. They were the good guys, that time has long since passed.
Well said...I used to lecture on pre FDA and OSHA laws in medical ethics and said same

Reactions: KB5252

VN Store

Back