Maurer emerging as QB1?

No he wasn’t redshirted. He appeared in like 7 games his freshman year.idk why they have him listed as a redshirt now. Must be some kind of mistake
Oh ok cool 3 would still do he is in the same position with the same opportunity as J.G and IF he is the guy then I think he may be better suited to take advantage of the opportunity than J.G was because of the system but time will tell still away to go before the starter is named anything could happen.

No he wasn’t redshirted. He appeared in like 7 games his freshman year.idk why they have him listed as a redshirt now. Must be some kind of mistake
And maybe he's put on some muscle, good weight, in recent months?

May the best man win. I’ll be 100% behind whoever it is. My hat’s off to him if he sticks it out and wins the job after seeming to be in the doghouse last year. A lot of other guys would have given up and hit the portal.

He was probably better than JG last year but he probably wasn't the only one. Just had an idiot running the program.

4 because he was red shirted his freshmen year and last year didn't count so 4 is possible but yea three good years would do to. I think whoever gets it is in prime position to have a good career.
He wasn’t redshirted his freshman year...he played more than 4 games. He still has a redshirt available...so 4 to play 3.

If its not Bailey UT won't win more than 3. Games
If it's not Bailey and we was to sink that bad it would be bad for Heupel right off the bat because he is seen as a QB guru and if Maurer were to start and struggle it would just look bad because of Bailey ranking. If Maurer wins it he has to show out because if he doesn't Heupel is behind the 8 ball after his first season. Bailey was a high 4*/5* and people would be like what guru.

Reactions: 508mikey
He’s similar in size and ability to Drew Breeze.
Drew is one of my all time favorite qbs but drew is about 3-4 inches shorter. Throwing motions are completely different and I don’t think drew has ever been a runner. I use Brees as a teaching prototype for mechanics and truthfully I put Bailey more in his comparison

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Too early to say; I seriously doubt they'll name any pecking order at end of Spring -- why would they, with more work to be done this summer?
they probably will not release a chart but the players know the pecking order. I hope Bailey sticks around but it is going to be hard to get all 3 to hang around.

they probably will not release a chart but the players know the pecking order. I hope Bailey sticks around but it is going to be hard to get all 3 to hang around.
Maybe, but then last season we had FOUR guys with some claim to be THE guy, and all stuck around almost to the very end of the season.

Being injured once is injury prone to some. Never mind the mismanagement of said injury by Pruitt. Idk why some can’t see that Pruitt WANTED Brian to fail and therefore only put him in situations to do so
It wasn't just pruitt, but hopefully Brian has improved on his flaws. If he's the guy, I'll root for him! If he's not, i'll root for him! GoVOLS!

I've been on the Bailey wagon for over a year now but I will say this... If BM wins the job he's earned himself a new "biggest fan". To stick with us through uncertainty and keep competing after the signing of a 5-star QB in 2020 and accepting a QB transfer who started at a Power 5 program... says a lot.
Same here. At this point, whoever is QB1 really won the job because we have some real QBs competing now.

Because he redshirted at some point in time i would assume. He played in 8 games his freshman year but 4 games in his sophomore year due to injury. It may be possible he was granted a medical redshirt for his sophomore year is only thing I could guess.

Reactions: lexkyvol

VN Store

Back