Transfer Portal 21-22

Looks like Vic is making more room at Texas...Karima Ortiz in the portal.

In Karisma's case, it's probably more a matter of her seeing the writing on the wall. Vic is bringing in 2 AA guards, plus transfer Aliyah Matharu and another guard who is the #1 JUCO player. Playing time for these minutes is going to be a battle, especially for a fringe player like Ortiz. I expect that Ashley Chevalier isn't too far behind in announcing her own portal jump.

Vic reminds me of Jeff Walz. He's not afraid to shake things up if it makes his team better.

Time to tell some players to hit the road. I think she is the kind of coach that will tell them exactly how much they will play and help them determine to leave.

Agreed! She seems like she tells the players the truth and will help them find a place with more playing time because she really cares about them

Patience. Announcements will come. There are a few different ways this could break:

1. Kellie has landed secret/silent commitments and cannot announce right now.
2. Kellie has three or more H.S. commitments and has no room on the roster to provide enough meaningful minutes so she is not using the portal.
3. Kellie is close to getting some key commitments from high school and there would be a minutes issue as in #2.
4. Kellie is going to the portal for help at PG and wing but has not secured commitments.
5. Same as #4 but with silent commitments.
6. Kellie has not landed anyone to compliment Justine but will.

There are other permutations but the common factor in all of them is time. I'm sure something will happen soon and everyone will relax.

Perhaps we could use a short Gametime pep speech. Gametime, the floor is yours....

Last edited:
I'd be disappointed if Kellie didn't make a strong play to upgrade the roster. There's a lot of proven talent in the portal that's a much lower risk compared to some of her end of bench players or incoming freshmen that are still unknowns.

Forget the "Kellie can't make them come blah blah blah" BS. With all the free agent talent available out there, not landing any players to bolster the roster would be a massive failure by Kellie (just a year after her failure to address the PG position).

I'm not sure the roster as constructed now is even a top 25 team...

Forget the "Kellie can't make them come blah blah blah" BS. With all the free agent talent available out there, not landing any players to bolster the roster would be a massive failure by Kellie (just a year after her failure to address the PG position).

Did you send her a memo letting her know how much time she has to recruit someone? Maybe she is not aware of your requirements and blah, blah, blah

Agreed , this is her 2nd 1/2 season recruiting some lee way should start showing by now and yet we get #NOTHING. Watching all these top transfer's go other places while we dont hear a peep out of Tenn is starting to frustrate me

Boring..........

Agreed , this is her 2nd 1/2 season recruiting some lee way should start showing by now and yet we get #NOTHING. Watching all these top transfer's go other places while we dont hear a peep out of Tenn is starting to frustrate me

Let's see where we are at the end of June before we fall on our swords.

VN Store

Back