Who is your favorite Vol Rb...list 3 if you wish

There's a good chance I was there. Doug was a good friend of mine. When he started wrestling, I would go on the road with him. Share driving time and sell his pictures and stuff.
Oh man, I used to love buying those 8x10’s and having those guys sign them and I’m sure you scammed my dad out of a few bucks, thanks to me begging for a Wildcat Wendell Cooley or Doug Furnas 8x10!😁 My favorite thing ever was when my dad bought me a “Bullet” Bob Armstrong mask! I watched a lot of guys wrestle in Knoxville, as nobodies, that made it big time.
GBO!!

Reactions: txbo
Oh man, I used to love buying those 8x10’s and having those guys sign them and I’m sure you scammed my dad out of a few bucks, thanks to me begging for a Wildcat Wendell Cooley or Doug Furnas 8x10!😁 My favorite thing ever was when my dad bought me a “Bullet” Bob Armstrong mask! I watched a lot of guys wrestle in Knoxville, as nobodies, that made it big time.
GBO!!
Sorry for hi jacking the thread. Mods, you can move this to the “Smokey Mtn wrestling thread”...😎
GBO!!

GBO!!

LOL. You're bringing back memories now. Those guys traveled in a convoy together frequently. Interesting bunch. Bob and Doug were well behaved on the road but I could tell you some stories about many others. LOL

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
LOL. You're bringing back memories now. Those guys traveled in a convoy together frequently. Interesting bunch. Bob and Doug were well behaved on the road but I could tell you some stories about many others. LOL
I wish you could, I can only imagine. I loved wrestling when I was young. It’s terrible now btw. But I really like the behind the scenes stuff.
GBO!!

Kamara, he balances on his head for goodness sake. Still believe he would be UT’s all time leading rusher if he was here 4 years.....and if Butch didn’t start Turd over him.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
I liked Little Man from Morristown. I even had a class with him. He was a humble and friendly guy and a great back, but he also fumbled inside the 5 yard line in back to back years vs Alabama in 1993 and 1994 with the game on the line. That single-handedly kept us from winning both times. If we even just end up kicking a field goal on those possessions (and we had a reliable kicker in John Becksvoort), we would have won both of those games. Maybe it's unfair, but that is what I remember him for. He wasn't even touched before his fumble in the 1993 game in Birmingham (which ended in a tie). He took a clean hand off from Heath Shuler, turned it outside and then basically, just dropped the damn ball. That was ridiculous.
Oddly, I don't remember that. Only thing I remember about the 93 game was David Palmer lining up at QB for Alabama when they went for 2 at the end and the whole damn stadium knew he was going to run a QB keep and we couldn't stop it . . . not that I'm still bitter after 28 years or anything.

That Charlier Garner run though!

Travis Stephens was easy to root for

My recollection could easily be faulty but he came out of Clarksville Northeast High School. He was not a big guy by any stretch of the imagination and I'll never forget one of his runs from and end zone camera shot where he takes a hand off and he's running up to what appears to be a wall and suddenly it parts like Moses at the Red Sea and he went into the end zone unscathed.

VN Store

Back