Trumpet Legend Doc Severinsen Vol Fan

Other than carrying a baritone horn one Friday night (I wasn't even a member of the marching band. As a prank, my brother put me in a uniform, gave me the bari horn, taught me a few five-tone scales that would allow me to fake it through the repertoire), I was a reed man - clarinet in middle school, saxophones in high school. I continued to play saxophones in pick up bands into my thirties. I still have my alto and tenor. I'll take them up again when I retire.

Other than carrying a baritone horn one Friday night (I wasn't even a member of the marching band. As a prank, my brother put me in a uniform, gave me the bari horn, taught me a few five-tone scales that would allow me to fake it through the repertoire), I was a reed man - clarinet in middle school, saxophones in high school. I continued to play saxophones in pick up bands into my thirties. I still have my alto and tenor. I'll take them up again when I retire.

Are you pretty good? I'm sometimes looking for a sax man to do some fills/solos on recordings. Hit me up! Tell VF to give you my email.

Are you pretty good? I'm sometimes looking for a sax man to do some fills/solos on recordings. Hit me up! Tell VF to give you my email.
I confess to sucking. Oh, at one time, I could "fake it" well enough by ear, but my music reading skills were elementary at best (My brother can sight read and transpose at the same time, never missing a note or beat).

Reactions: JohnWardForever
I confess to sucking. Oh, at one time, I could "fake it" well enough by ear, but my music reading skills were elementary at best (My brother can sight read and transpose at the same time, never missing a note or beat).

My stuff would require Playing by ear and interpretation. Ad Libbing; as it were; I think Music is best when one expresses himself, as long as the main structure isn't violated. As Chet Atkins once said---"Yes I can read, but I don't let it interfere with my playing."

Reactions: Tin Man
Dr. Leach and Doc Severinson deserve each other. Two of the most kind and genuine individuals I've had the chance to meet.

Looks like a Bach 7C mouthpiece. That's what beginners start with and stick with. Fine for concert band but, those who like to let it rip and go stratospheric, sported a Schilke 13A4A. Or even the more daring 10A4A.
Just Sayin'

Look at you FEATHERSAX! Fine hardware sir. Heard Doc couple times with Knoxville Symphony... a real musician... such a treat for the ears!

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back