Who is your favorite Vol Rb...list 3 if you wish

James Stewart wasn’t as good as Cobb,Webb, Lewis and Henry, but he was as reliable as they come. Led the team in rushing his freshman year. Then lost a ton of carries to Charlie Garner for 2 years. Then led the team in rushing again his Senior year. He absolutely annihilated the UGA defense his Senior year with a 1st baseman playing QB.
I liked Little Man from Morristown. I even had a class with him. He was a humble and friendly guy and a great back, but he also fumbled inside the 5 yard line in back to back years vs Alabama in 1993 and 1994 with the game on the line. That single-handedly kept us from winning both times. If we even just end up kicking a field goal on those possessions (and we had a reliable kicker in John Becksvoort), we would have won both of those games. Maybe it's unfair, but that is what I remember him for. He wasn't even touched before his fumble in the 1993 game in Birmingham (which ended in a tie). He took a clean hand off from Heath Shuler, turned it outside and then basically, just dropped the damn ball. That was ridiculous.

#1 Chuck Webb - Youtube the 1990 UT vs. Ark Cotton Bowl
#2 Jamal Lewis - his freshman year was incredible; Hershel Walker II
#3 Charlie Garner - JC x-fer; speed and elusiveness for days

Honorable mention - b/c I saw him single-handedly beat Ole Miss at Ole Miss - Greg Amsler. I think he had 13 straight carries behind the TVA offensive line

Honorable mention #2 - Travis Henry - no National Title without him

I liked Little Man from Morristown. I even had a class with him. He was a humble and friendly guy and a great back, but he also fumbled inside the 5 yard line in back to back years vs Alabama in 1993 and 1994 with the game on the line. That single-handedly kept us from winning both times. If we even just end up kicking a field goal on those possessions, we would have won both of those games. Maybe it's unfair, but that is what I remember him for. He wasn't even touched before fumbling the ball in the 1993 game in Birmingham (which ended in a tie). He basically just dropped the damn ball. That was ridiculous.
Oddly, I don't remember that. Only thing I remember about the 93 game was David Palmer lining up at QB for Alabama when they went for 2 at the end and the whole damn stadium knew he was going to run a QB keep and we couldn't stop it . . . not that I'm still bitter after 28 years or anything.

Reactions: Remy
Curt Watson
Johnnie Jones
James Stewart
Maybe not the best but my, hard to pick just three, favorites

Only had 1 rb who gained over 2,000 in the NFL and that is Jamal Lewis. Would have gained 2,000 yards his freshman season except according to Fulmer he couldnt pick up the pass protection schemes.

2. Webb
3. Kamara

I will only base mine on those that I actually watched/remember play.....1975-2021

I’ll take:

Chuck Webb
Jamal Lewis
Stanley Morgan, because of his versatility (run, catch, and return)

Reactions: MAD and Exiled
For just raw talent, as if you could distill it down to a computer value, I've got Webb a solid 1. There were literally no holes in his game unless you're of a mind to heavily weight raw size. Certainly big enough (unless you think Barry Sanders is too small) with as much power as you could expect from that stature combined with elite elusiveness and 100m Ohio State Title speed.

After that it's Jamal Lewis. Not as fast or elusive as Webb but a pretty ridiculous amount of both given his larger size.

From there I can't decide between Henry and Garner. Cobb certainly deserves mention though.

Johnny Jones. Had incredible balance. He was like a Weeble. Would go parralel to the ground and bounce right up.

Doug Furnas. Just a freaking bull.
I watched Doug wrestle for Smoky Mtn wrestling at the civic coliseum, when I was a kid. Dudes thighs were literally like tree trunks!
GBO!!

Reactions: peaygolf
I love a good underdog and/or players with personalities worth rooting for.

Raijon Neal, Cedric Houston and Jabari Davis

Tennessee is probably a split NC in 90 if Webb doesn’t get hurt. He would have made a difference in the games we lost/tied.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I watched Doug wrestle for Smoky Mtn wrestling at the civic coliseum, when I was a kid. Dudes thighs were literally like tree trunks!
GBO!!

There's a good chance I was there. Doug was a good friend of mine. When he started wrestling, I would go on the road with him. Share driving time and sell his pictures and stuff.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
2001 Travis Stephens
2004 Gerald Riggs Jr
2015 Jalen Hurd

Volunteer State Power.

VN Store

Back