Who is your favorite Vol Rb...list 3 if you wish

I would have to go with Jamal Lewis and the Travises (Henry and Stephens).

I won't argue with anyone who says that Cobb and Webb were better, but Reggie left under really bad circumstances the week of our biggest game in 1989. That taints him in my eyes... while Chuck only played one full season. He should have returned for the 1991 season to prove he had recovered from the ACL tear. Biggest mistake I've ever seen in an early NFL departure. He was never heard from again.

James little man Stewart... Travis Henry... Tony Thompson... Travis Stevens... Reggie Cobb... Not only were they good but they did it the right way.! There’s a lot of great ones that played. BUT.....On these lists are some individual greats who weren’t necessarily TEAM ballers. But great players they were but I’m a prideful and loyal Tennessee fan I think the players need to be VFL!!!

James little man Stewart... Travis Henry... Tony Thompson... Travis Stevens... Reggie Cobb... Not only were they good but they did it the right way.! There’s a lot of great ones that played. BUT.....On these lists are some individual greats who weren’t necessarily TEAM ballers. But great players they were but I’m a prideful and loyal Tennessee fan I think the players need to be VFL!!!
James Stewart wasn’t as good as Cobb,Webb, Lewis and Henry, but he was as reliable as they come. Led the team in rushing his freshman year. Then lost a ton of carries to Charlie Garner for 2 years. Then led the team in rushing again his Senior year. He absolutely annihilated the UGA defense his Senior year with a 1st baseman playing QB.

Reactions: give_him 6
Keep in mind that I did not start watching UT football until around 1997. (I am fairly young and I didn't quite understand football as a kid. I turned 13 in 1997 and started getting into football. So I won't remember any of the early Vols players.

1. Travis Henry
2. Jamal Lewis
3. Travis Stephens

It helped that all three were on good teams. I also enjoyed Montario Hardesty, Alvin Kamarro, and Jalen Hurd. Ty Chandler is fun when he gets going but he did not get going very often.

Since I've been alive and cared? Travis Henry and Montario Hardesty.
Using this same standard I'll say Riggs Jr, Hardesty, Hurd. I'm a sucker for bruisers with a burst.

I liked Kamara but unfortunately I thought of him as a change of pace guy in college that should have been utilized more, but not an every down back. I was as dumb as Butch.

Tough decision, but I would say my top 3 are Alvin Kamara, Chuck Webb, and Jamal Lewis... and I could easily swap all three for many others of equal talent.

My first memory of a great RB as a small child was Richard Pickens.

I can’t name just 3, too many to choose from.

Favorites -

Tony Thompson
Hubert Simpson
Greg Amsler
Travis Stephens
James Little Man Stewart
Aaron Hayden
Johnny Jones

The Best -

Jamal Lewis
Charlie Garner
Chuck Webb
Reggie Cobb
Travis Henry
Johnny Majors
George Cafego
Alvin Kamara

Lots of great names. I don't think John Kelly gets the mention he deserves. I really loved watching him run.

Reactions: LittleVol
Chuck Webb
Johnnie Jones
Jamal Lewis
Anyone remember when Stanley Morgan was converted to running back when injuries and poor recruiting by B Battle left the cupboard bare? Stanley was a stud that never got the acclaim he deserved

VN Store

Back