Official NCAA Men's Bball Championship Thread

I gotta hand it to Baylor, they have made a ton of wide open shots and the Zags are missing their chances. Baylor’s D has been suffocating. Baylor just played better competition this season and it shows.
Yep. Baylor is the real deal. They're in showtime mode now. Fat lady starting to warm up.

Reactions: Tnphil
I gotta hand it to Baylor, they have made a ton of wide open shots and the Zags are missing their chances. Baylor’s D has been suffocating. Baylor just played better competition this season and it shows.
Zaga shouldn't have chickened out of the Dec 4th game and then later schedule Virginia in Ft Worth

Lazy take from this game will be that Zags were overrated. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't...Baylor showed up and whooped them. They deserve all the credit for dominating the Zags.

I think the tourney got it right this season - these were the best 2 teams and Baylor brought their A+ game tonight.

Reactions: Tnphil
Lazy take from this game will be that Zags were overrated. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't...Baylor showed up and whooped them. They deserve all the credit for dominating the Zags.
this. I don't watch a ton of sports media these days, but I'm imagining lots of debating on if gonzaga was overrated, their schedule, etc. but to me they're a damn good team and I think would have beaten pretty much any other team in the title game this year. I don't think they're close to being overrated. they just hit another damn good team that played some great basketball tonight

I think the tourney got it right this season - these were the best 2 teams and Baylor brought their A+ game tonight.

I don’t recall a season where there was a clear cut 1A and 1B and they both met for the title. Baylor was just flat out the better team head to head. Totally deserving of this title.

Reactions: BUBear
Gonzaga I don't think is in the same category as UCF in football or Boise St (several years ago). None of those teams play a tough schedule, but unlike UCF/Boise I think the Zags really are a top team every year. They undoubtedly benefit from playing trash in January and February, which is usually when teams who wear down begin to wear down. However they do play good non-conference teams early in the season and rarely get bounced early from tournaments.

Just outta curiosity. Is there a reason Gonzaga isnt in the PAC in basketball?
They are a great team, but I don't think they'd have a lot to offer the Pac 12 in terms of a TV audience/additional revenue. They could move to the Mountain West, but I'm not sure the Mountain West is better than the WCC in basketball since they added BYU.

Reactions: BUBear
Yall remember the Patrick Dennehy murder at Baylor that the coach then tried throwing accusations on him since he was deceased and couldn't defend his reputation? Wow if a rock bottom scandal like that to eventually National Championship doesnt give you hope for Tennessee to make it out of this football desert.

VN Store

Back