Lady Vols Softball

I don't have the stats but she has cut her walks way down. I have a theory and it is just that that she really spins the ball as a lefty and it does come off bats different. She has to you are right have a solid defense behind her because she is not a high strikeout pitcher. She can get people out and has shown she can pitch well against better teams, but has to have her change up dialed in and the infield defense has to be solid.
I've seen games where they get a weak chopper for a hit, a pop up that drops over the pitchers head and couple of bad throws here and there. Her era this season is very good but the errors and walks and occasional hard hit seem to get her in trouble. Her era is under 2 but I believe over half the errors committed by the team are committed while she is pitching.

Reactions: kregman
At the end of the day we just beat the 8 team in the country in a 3 game series...which shows we can beat just about anybody. Obviously we need another pitcher to step up....but outside of that we are as good as anybody. Imo.
We can really finish high in the league if we can beat the bad teams in the league as we have nine games with them and the other six are with better teams but ranked about where we are or lower. I feel we could get through it 12 and 3 and end up 16 and 8 in the league I think Rogers can get close to ten of those wins.

I don't have the stats but she has cut her walks way down. I have a theory and it is just that that she really spins the ball as a lefty and it does come off bats different. She has to you are right have a solid defense behind her because she is not a high strikeout pitcher. She can get people out and has shown she can pitch well against better teams, but has to have her change up dialed in and the infield defense has to be solid.

I'd also remind people that the game UT won in the LSU series was the one that Turner started. Ashley came in and got a save, but it was a quality start against a quality team for Turner and Bender pitched in it as well.

I'd also remind people that the game UT won in the LSU series was the one that Turner started. Ashley came in and got a save, but it was a quality start against a quality team for Turner and Bender pitched in it as well.
Rogers got the W in that one. Agree it was a quality start and good outing by both but did not seem to capture momentum for either.

Rogers got the W in that one. Agree it was a quality start and good outing by both but did not seem to capture momentum for either.

True, forgot Rogers pitched the 7th in a tie game, then Davis had the walk-off in the bottom of the inning.

I think both Turner and Bender are effective #2s IF they're healthy. The combination of the two of them as a #2 is actually probably the most effective, but neither of them have been really all year, and that's a problem as we saw Saturday.

Reactions: Majors
True, forgot Rogers pitched the 7th in a tie game, then Davis had the walk-off in the bottom of the inning.

I think both Turner and Bender are effective #2s IF they're healthy. The combination of the two of them as a #2 is actually probably the most effective, but neither of them have been really all year, and that's a problem as we saw Saturday.
Agree with that both can be the 2, and I’m with you the healthy part is the key to it all. I’m still think Bailey can get there if the other two don’t separate themselves.

probably won’t play this weekend either with positive Covid test.

Unless it was a false positive, and then we'd need three days of negatives. MSST series was a good chance for the LVs to move up in-conference, so cancellation would be unfortunate.

MSS and Oklahoma playing double header this weekend at MSS. OU had Wichita State for midweek games (cancelled) and Baylor series this weekend (cancelled). LA Tech will also play MSS and OU. MSS will get embarrassed most likely.

Reactions: kregman

VN Store

Back