Heupel Deserves Better Than This

because of disaster he inherited from jeremy--josh will get a free pass for 2-3 years.

He makes a lot of money so the pity party is unwarranted. The NCAA garbage he can thank his administration for. If he wins a game or two that he shouldn't and the team looks like they want to play football, then recruiting will take care of itself. The rest is just stuff that pretty much happens everywhere. I have no expectations for the football program anymore, it's on life support. These coaches seem to get backed into a corner here before they get started. Hence the reason for no expectations. They take a club to their own knee caps and blame everyone else for their troubles.

The Tennessee brand just doesn't sell like it used too. Mostly because the kids you're recruiting weren't alive the last time UT was relevant or in the mix consistently. It's why i've thought for the last 10 years it would take a big name or just a true diamond in the rough to bring it back. So far neither have occurred. Butch Jones had the chance and Botched it.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
He spent a lot of time at OU, and saw a ton of stuff go down there. He witnessed Stoops’ good and bad handling of situations. Heupel is smart, and will do a good job navigating through trouble.
True, he probably never gave thought to what he would do with a player abusing a kitty...

That right there is WARPED, and I really see no way to reconcile such behavior. Basically evil, and shows a lack of compassion. Deranged individual that I don't want to waste another thought on. He gots to go.

1. Depleted recruit class.

2. Cloud of NCAA investigation hanging over program.

3. Beasley allegations.

4. Brandon Davis situation.

Heupel is blameless. He did nothing to cause any of this. He is above all this.

Yet, he has to deal with all of this.

Unfair, IMHO.
He knew most of that when he signed the contract, and gets paid millions of dollars to deal with the issues that come along with being a HBC.

3. Beasley allegations.

Unfair, IMHO.

Life is not fair......

Reactions: Frozevol

3. Beasley allegations.

Unfair, IMHO.
He took the job knowing we were in a mess and that it's not going to be an overnight process getting us moving again. Time to man up and focus on football and forget the outside stuff that he has no control over anyway.

I seem to remember that, when the search was going on, Heupel was under consideration for the job because Danny White perceived him as the type of head coach who could weather the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, so to speak. He knew coming in that he would be expected to take on that mantle and get the program rolling again. I don't think he would have accepted the job if he didn't feel confident in his own abilities to do that. He doesn't seem to be fazed by all that's going on with the program and has acquitted himself quite well so far. I think we're in good hands.
Special Ed, I appreciate your quoting Shakespeare/Hamlet.

Well done.

3. Beasley allegations.

Unfair, IMHO.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...fair?

SInce when was life about fairness?

Fairness is a Disney World, children's playground concept. When it comes to football, fairness is what's supposed to happen between the lines on Saturday, not the rest of the week. Adults don't expect fairness in life, they only expect an opportunity to live it. They deal with life as it comes. Sometimes, they'll get lucky breaks. Sometimes, they'll be fighting uphill, and chance will just keep throwing obstacles into their path. That's life.

Josh Heupel is gonna be fine. As a college football coach, these are the kinds of issues he can expect to face in a career. I'm sure he's no belly aching about how unfair it all is.

Reactions: sjt18
Pruitt, like Fulmer, ran an undisciplined program. UT had a good thing going that started with Kiffin/Dooley. Now program discipline has to be rebuilt too. Maybe these are part of the accountability issues mentioned by players when they met with White and Heupel?

3. Beasley allegations.

Unfair, IMHO.

He took the job and is getting paid handsomely for it. Hard to feel sorry for the guy.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Whoa, whoa, whoa...fair?

SInce when was life about fairness?

Fairness is a Disney World, children's playground concept. When it comes to football, fairness is what's supposed to happen between the lines on Saturday, not the rest of the week. Adults don't expect fairness in life, they only expect an opportunity to live it. They deal with life as it comes. Sometimes, they'll get lucky breaks. Sometimes, they'll be fighting uphill, and chance will just keep throwing obstacles into their path. That's life.

Josh Heupel is gonna be fine. As a college football coach, these are the kinds of issues he can expect to face in a career. I'm sure he's no belly aching about how unfair it all is.
Agreed. CJH had an extra year written in his contract "in case of sanctions" so he didn't just fall off a turnip truck in Knoxville, his eyes were open.

As long as he doesn't CREATE problems for himself (get caught doing what all successful D1 programs do, generate or tolerate toxicity in the program, completely piss off the entire group of major boosters, etc) he'll have all the "fairness" one can expect as a head coach in the SEC.

Expectations? Yep. Ridiculous expectations? Quite a few. Unattainable expectations? Oh yeah, we've got folks predicting 9 wins this year in here......

Heupel's skills are untested at this level. I expect cuts and bruises before he gets..... if he gets..... his legs in the SEC.

VN Store

Back