3. UConn
4. Maryland
5. Baylor
6. Louisville
7. NC State
8. Oregon
9. Michigan
10. Texas

I like this list, but Louisville never proved that they could do much without Dana Evans and she declared for the draft so I see them taking a slight hit... Same with NC State and Cunane although she hasn’t announced what she’s doing yet I don’t think.

Reactions: Amb3096
1. South Carolina
2. Stanford
3. UConn
4. Maryland/Baylor
5. Maryland/Baylor
6. Oregon
7. UCLA
8. Louisville
9. Texas A&M
10. Oregon State
If they combined the Aggies backcourt and Beavers frontcourt, that would be a helluva team.

Outside the top 5, I think the portal will come into play to rearrange the rest of the team order.

I like this list, but Louisville never proved that they could do much without Dana Evans and she declared for the draft so I see them taking a slight hit... Same with NC State and Cunane although she hasn’t announced what she’s doing yet I don’t think.
Cunane is a junior, so she's coming back AFAIK. Louisville picks up two big time transfers, including a pass first PG. I think Van Lith will take over from Dana the same way she was Durr's successor.

1. South Carolina
2. Stanford
3. UConn
Then everyone else.
4. Baylor
5. Louisville
6. Maryland
7. UCLA
8. NC State
9. South Florida
10. Syracuse
20. Tennessee

Last edited:
Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Only 4 SEC teams for 21-22... missing Ark, UGA & MSST from 20-21. Down year for the SEC?
Those 3 teams are losing almost everyone from this year and i just shake my head about Mississippi State. Unbelievable a team goes from one of the best in the country to not Making the NCAA tournament within a year.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Only 4 SEC teams for 21-22... missing Ark, UGA & MSST from 20-21. Down year for the SEC?

Hard to argue. Even Tennessee is a fringe ranked team IMO, depending on how they do in the transfer portal. I'm not sure people realize just how good Davis was this season, and how many warts this team had that were masked by her play...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arkansas and UGA ranked by the end of the regular season. Both are rebuilding, but also bringing in some good talent...Arkansas in particular.

MSST is hopeless.

Agree with Darth that Davis is leaving some big shoes to fill, and they might not get filled this coming season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arkansas and UGA ranked by the end of the regular season. Both are rebuilding, but also bringing in some good talent...Arkansas in particular.

MSST is hopeless.

Agree with ***** that Davis is leaving some big shoes to fill, and they might not get filled this coming season.

the good thing is other teams are having big shoes to fill to and some of the teams that were “ahead of us” have bigger shoes to fill.

Reactions: krichunaka
Sometimes players grow too dependent upon their stars and don't step up until forced to do so in their absence. And teams are forced to become more efficient when they can't stand around waiting for someone take to take over.

The incoming players are starting off fresh. They can come in looking at some positions as being open for playing opportunities or even challenging to start. And if they stick together, they can be a tough unit.

Reactions: Benionsopinion
the good thing is other teams are having big shoes to fill to and some of the teams that were “ahead of us” have bigger shoes to fill.
I think a large part of it depends on replacing departing stars with as close to equal talent as possible. Arkansas loses Dungee and Slocum, but Wolfenbarger and Goforth are both highly ranked HS AAs, with Goforth having the benefit of playing a starting role for a S16 team. Georgia loses Staiti, Connally and Morrison, but brings in 2 freshmen AAs...one of which (Hollingshead) might end up becoming better than Staiti in time. Certainly the incoming Tennessee class will be needed to contribute immediately to make up for the loss of Davis. For all three times, it's probably just a matter of a.) how quickly they gel with their teammates and b.) getting a sense as to what each player's "ceiling" is.

VN Store

Back