Jessie Rennie

I call BS on that. You run UT down continuously including stirring the pot with players and recruits. Most recently saying we didn’t need Rae or JH. Not exactly the mind set of a LV fan. Darth mini me.
Run down! I have been a Lady Vol fan probably longer than you have been alive. I played when it was 6 on 6 with 3 on O and 3 on D I am tired of losing and worst yet I am tired of saying it’s ok we have good recruits coming in next year or maybe we can get a good transfer. There is absolutely no excuse why we can’t sign #1 signing classes. Sorry I am not happy just making the tourney.

Reactions: mcannon1
Oh I get it now this board is like the football board BAMA is good so we can all be happy even tho we stink.
Nobody keeping you here if team is so bad to you find one you like. I wouldn't want to miserable. Do all the moaning and bitching you want about the team but do it to someone else that wants to listen.

Run down! I have been a Lady Vol fan probably longer than you have been alive. I played when it was 6 on 6 with 3 on O and 3 on D I am tired of losing and worst yet I am tired of saying it’s ok we have good recruits coming in next year or maybe we can get a good transfer. There is absolutely no excuse why we can’t sign #1 signing classes. Sorry I am not happy just making the tourney.

Well there is a reason we can’t sign number 1 classes.. we weren’t winning like we used to. That is in big part due to Pats death and another part the fact the culture isn’t what it was. We saw that with the breaking of team rules and team fights. That is going to take time to filter through and get out. The trust is also going to take time to build up. Unfortunately teams have had the right to say what a $**+ show why would you go there. We have heard from recent players that people were talking down about TN and that was part of the reasons they were turned off from those schools.

Remember it was only a year ago another player was dismissed by the university, and that’s two years after the whole coaching debacle, and that was after the team fight.

Not saying we should be happy being in the tourney but it’s a stepping stone and frankly i was happy being in the tourney and not worrying about an invite.

Well there is a reason we can’t sign number 1 classes.. we weren’t winning like we used to. That is in big part due to Pats death and another part the fact the culture isn’t what it was. We saw that with the breaking of team rules and team fights. That is going to take time to filter through and get out. The trust is also going to take time to build up. Unfortunately teams have had the right to say what a $**+ show why would you go there. We have heard from recent players that people were talking down about TN and that was part of the reasons they were turned off from those schools.

Remember it was only a year ago another player was dismissed by the university, and that’s two years after the whole coaching debacle, and that was after the team fight.

Not saying we should be happy being in the tourney but it’s a stepping stone and frankly i was happy being in the tourney and not worrying about an invite.
I guess you are on to something there.

Reactions: mcannon1
Rennie's situation is strange - don't recall seeing anything like it. Not that she was so impressive to the eye test last year, but she was a very, very good 25 of 54 (46.3%) from 3 (99% percentile in the NCAA!!), including an even more elite 13 for 25 (52%) in SEC games (so it wasn't like she was just hitting them against weak competition). She was a perfect 5-5 from the FT line (obviously a limited sample size). All signs pointed to her being, if nothing else, a solid contributor that you at least would have to respect from the 3pt line to stretch the defense.

My hope is that this year was an anomaly due to the strange COVID off-season (and limited practice time during the season) and that we'll see her bounce back next year, at least to come off the bench for a few minutes, again, when we need to stretch the defense. She had a few numbers that did improve this year, including A/TO ratio (1.24 to 1.43) and assist % (8.7 to 12.2). I know several posters have noted that she's one of our better post-entry passers.

Reactions: Rickster and Lucy
I thought she made some very nice passes into the post. She is a very good long-range shooter with a quick release that is in a slump. She will shoot herself out of it.
Problem is she isnt athletic enough to do anything but spot up. And the Lady Vols didnt habe anyone that could scare you on every play to free her up.

Reactions: lfvol
Rennie's situation is strange - don't recall seeing anything like it. Not that she was so impressive to the eye test last year, but she was a very, very good 25 of 54 (46.3%) from 3 (99% percentile in the NCAA!!), including an even more elite 13 for 25 (52%) in SEC games (so it wasn't like she was just hitting them against weak competition). She was a perfect 5-5 from the FT line (obviously a limited sample size). All signs pointed to her being, if nothing else, a solid contributor that you at least would have to respect from the 3pt line to stretch the defense.

My hope is that this year was an anomaly due to the strange COVID off-season (and limited practice time during the season) and that we'll see her bounce back next year, at least to come off the bench for a few minutes, again, when we need to stretch the defense. She had a few numbers that did improve this year, including A/TO ratio (1.24 to 1.43) and assist % (8.7 to 12.2). I know several posters have noted that she's one of our better post-entry passers.
Good post. She can still be a contributing player. Her game is largely based on the three and if that is not there, she has a tough time. Does every team go twelve deep? Someone has to be developing so it is great that she represents UT so well.

Not true.
Which part? She isnt athletic thats for sure. And the Lady Vols had talent but not one deadly shooter that needed double teamed. Hell half the time these girls couldnt make layups. Very streaky shooters. Only thing they were prolific at was turnovers.

All of it. She is talented otherwise she would not be a LADY VOL. I've seen her in person a lot and she can shoot and there's no doubt about that. She can pass too. Sometimes the defensive assignments are not to her advantage but she is a better overall player than last season.
She can shoot. She can pass. I dont deny that. But she cant go get her own shot off the dribble. She is a spot up shooter. And she suffered because there wasnt a threat that had to be doubled. She would thrive in a system with more shooters on the team.

She can shoot. She can pass. I dont deny that. But she cant go get her own shot off the dribble. She is a spot up shooter. And she suffered because there wasnt a threat that had to be doubled. She would thrive in a system with more shooters on the team.

I've seen her drive several times and shoot on the run but her job is to stay in 3 pt land and try to get the ball inside and shoot on a kick out or reverse and she did that pretty well. She just didn't hit her shots but I've seen her make tons during warm-ups. She has a reputation of being a great shooter and reputations are normally earned. What will help her more than anything is to hit her first and second shots in a game. I would also like to point out that opposing teams knew how she was being used and guarded her closely. They would not have put forth so much effort for an unathletic player.

This is an excellent analysis of Rennie. But going forward I only see significant minutes or either Darby or Rennie, not both. At this point, based mostly on the above average defense she played in the NCAAT, I would give those minutes to Darby and hope she can be that 40% spot-up 3p shooter to go opposite Burrell.

I've seen her drive several times and shoot on the run but her job is to stay in 3 pt land and try to get the ball inside and shoot on a kick out or reverse and she did that pretty well. She just didn't hit her shots but I've seen her make tons during warm-ups. She has a reputation of being a great shooter and reputations are normally earned. What will help her more than anything is to hit her first and second shots in a game. I would also like to point out that opposing teams knew how she was being used and guarded her closely. They would not have put forth so much effort for an unathletic player.

I agree and 14 shots is a crappy sample size. You need at least 40 shots to take a representative sample.

VN Store

Back