THE OFFICIAL DUKE/UNC B-BALL THREAD 2020/21 (WORSE, SLOWER, MORE MASKS, LESS FANS, LESS W’s)

Seems like someone was unhappy with their role/playing time, and that person might have been dad. Oh well. Best of luck. He’s gonna be pretty good.
I’m hearing to expect 2-3 more. I don’t understand that and I don’t know why a big guy who is as talented as Kessler would leave UNC . Carolina always has good big guys. Always. UNC has good post players the way UGA has running backs.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Brakefield entering the portal. A little surprised since he really started to shine after Johnson bolted. Best of luck to him

Reactions: NashVol11
Agreed, he was maybe my favorite young player on the team. I think he’ll be good and fun to watch, sucks it won’t be at Duke

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
jj reddick traded to mavs
That’s too bad. I enjoyed him being a part of the New Orleans Blue Devils . JJ is one guy who I think surpassed the expectations many had for his pro career. He really has put together an outstanding career for about 14-15 years. He definitely put in the work .
I think he has also set himself up for a lengthy career post basketball with a network. His podcast is pretty good.

accidentally caught a glimpse of dean smith documentary narrated by sam watterson, and hope to see it if airs again. Were there any segments with John Feinstein or Art Chansky? About all I saw was a segment with mike o'koren , who was always a good interview in my short time at morning herald.

accidentally caught a glimpse of dean smith documentary narrated by sam watterson, and hope to see it if airs again. Were there any segments with John Feinstein or Art Chansky? About all I saw was a segment with mike o'koren , who was always a good interview in my short time at morning herald.
I haven’t seen it. Is that the one on Showtime?

Reactions: ArdentVol
Jordan Goldwire entering the portal to go play a fifth year.

Darn it. Just darn the luck

Wow! Did not see this coming. Pivotal time ahead for Carolina basketball. There’s not an established, slam dunk replacement to bring in and keep things moving as they are. Wes Miller is climbing the ranks, but I don’t know if he’s ready for this post. I was hoping that Jerry Stackhouse would have done better at Vandy because I think he’s going to be a helluva coach, but you can’t hand him the reins right now.

Reactions: Chuckie
Wow! Did not see this coming. Pivotal time ahead for Carolina basketball. There’s not an established, slam dunk replacement to bring in and keep things moving as they are. Wes Miller is climbing the ranks, but I don’t know if he’s ready for this post. I was hoping that Jerry Stackhouse would have done better at Vandy because I think he’s going to be a helluva coach, but you can’t hand him the reins right now.
I made a post a few weeks back saying if this happened it was gonna be Wes Miller bc that was the rumor I was hearing. I didn’t believe it then because I didn’t think Roy would retire yet, but stranger things have happened.

I made a post a few weeks back saying if this happened it was gonna be Wes Miller bc that was the rumor I was hearing. I didn’t believe it then because I didn’t think Roy would retire yet, but stranger things have happened.
Stranger things happened when they hired Doherty. Unfortunately, there’s not anyone else we know we can call on in three years if things ain’t working.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Some internet talking head (Mark Titus, I think) was saying that if you were ever going to get Mark Few to leave Gonzaga, it would be for a job like Carolina. Scott Drew would be another good choice “outside of the family”. Another guy that’s probably not ready for a job like this, but will be in demand is Nate Oats from Bama.

Some internet talking head (Mark Titus, I think) was saying that if you were ever going to get Mark Few to leave Gonzaga, it would be for a job like Carolina. Scott Drew would be another good choice “outside of the family”. Another guy that’s probably not ready for a job like this, but will be in demand is Nate Oats from Bama.
I like the Mark Few idea. I would push all the chips into the middle of the table to land him.

I hate that idea. Big time hate that idea .
I would imagine that would be a scary proposition, even for Duke. I can't imagine what Few could do with the level of talent that he could recruit to UNC (or Duke, for that matter). I would hate the idea of Few replacing Coach K at Duke as well.

Last edited:
You know that they have a plan in place, which says to me that it’s not going to be Few or Drew.

Miller
Davis
Stackhouse

I think it’s one of those three and in that order.

VN Store

Back