Roy Wliams retiring at UNC

I would have Oats sigh the dotted line by 5:00 pm this evening.

The sky is Carolina Blue because N.C. is God's favorite team.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

That is an absolutely hilarious top 3 names for what is considered one of the 2 or 3 best jobs in college basketball. It’s something you’d expect to see from an AAC or Big East school, not UNC.

Like I said, staying in the family seems so dumb when you could have just about any coach you want. Talk about uninspiring choices. Stackhouse!?!

That is an absolutely hilarious top 3 names for what is considered one of the 2 or 3 best jobs in college basketball. It’s something you’d expect to see from an AAC or Big East school, not UNC.

Like I said, staying in the family seems so dumb when you could have just about any coach you want. Talk about uninspiring choices. Stackhouse!?!
This is why UT fans need to learn to be happy with Barnes and not let perfect be the enemy of good.

Carolina does try to keep b-ball coaching hires within the family, but the pool outside those guys is so much better. Jay Wright, Bennett, Oats and if Billy Donovan or Brad Stevens wanted back in the college game...mercy.

Carolina does try to keep b-ball coaching hires within the family, but the pool outside those guys is so much better. Jay Wright, Bennett, Oats and if Billy Donovan or Brad Stevens wanted back in the college game...mercy.

Brad Stevens has no desire to go back to college.

Billy Donovan got tired of recruiting and is happy in the NBA.

Oats should be their #1 target.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Could see Jay Wright. Would really like them to hire nate oats please lol

Brad Stevens has no desire to go back to college.

Billy Donovan got tired of recruiting and is happy in the NBA.

Oats should be their #1 target.

Jay Wright would be near the top of my list IF he would consider leaving Villanova.

As for Stevens and Donovan, I’m not sure they’d have to put a lot of effort in recruiting to be successful at a high level. It’d be close to Saban level attraction for top players.

Jay Wright would be near the top of my list IF he would consider leaving Villanova.

As for Stevens and Donovan, I’m not sure they’d have to put a lot of effort in recruiting to be successful at a high level. It’d be close to Saban level attraction for top players.
Can’t imagine Wright leaving. Villanova isn’t quite the program UNC is but it’s still a great program and he seems like such a good fit there.

Reactions: brockytop
I'd be surprised if they go outside the family. That's just the Carolina way of doing things. But that list of external candidates is so much better.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back