Heupel’s yard monster gobbling offenses

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
The UCF Offense: Evolution of a Yard-Gobbling Monster - UCF Athletics
Quarterbacks ripping the ball downfield, running backs gaining yardage, offensive line blocking. Already seen our quarterbacks ripping the ball faster in 3 practices. Already seen receivers catching the ball better. Even our running backs looks faster. We are going to throw this ball everywhere on the field. I have a feeling we are about to witness a monster offense before long. Let’s rollll!!!

The UCF Offense: Evolution of a Yard-Gobbling Monster - UCF Athletics
Quarterbacks ripping the ball downfield, running backs gaining yardage, offensive line blocking. Already seen our quarterbacks ripping the ball faster in 3 practices. Already seen receivers catching the ball better. Even our running backs looks faster. We are going to throw this ball everywhere on the field. I have a feeling we are about to witness a monster offense before long. Let’s rollll!!!

UCF was 6-4 last season and lost to BYU and Memphis.

Just remember a couple of things here:
1. They only lost by three to #7 Cincinnati.
2. 11 players opted out that he relied on in 2020.
3. His offenses were in the top 5 for three years, only behind Alabama and Clemson.
4. I took a relook at what he did at Mizzou when he was offensive co. The quarterback there had all kinds of passing yards. He was tops in the sec in passing.
5. What he taught in Oklahoma was phenomenal as well.
6. Now I know that the vols are going through a lot, and that’s understandable, but what we are witnessing in practice three right now is a quicker offense already.
7. Just a change of quicker pace of these players learning this system is a sigh of relief just for vol fans I do believe.

So, BYU* handily beat UCF in their bowl game, fair and square. But looking at the regular season last year and one sees a shortened 6-3 regular season. Missed a FG at game's end to drop a 1 point decision to Memphis at Memphis. I believe UCF had beaten Memphis the previous 8 or 10 games. Lost to AAC Champ Cincy 36-33. Cincy very nearly took down the Dawgs in the Peach Bowl, as UGA had to hit a last second 53 yard FG to escape with the win. Georgia players rushed the field in jubilation like they'd won the National Championship! Tulsa clawed back from an 18 point deficit to win 34-26 over UCF. All tough, competitive games that could have gone either way. The 2019 UCF season finished 10-3, and the 2018 team finished a perfect 12-0 in regular season. But without QB McKenzie Milton, who had a devastating injury in the last game of regular season, a shorthanded UCF came up short against LSU 40-32 in the Fiesta Bowl. In their 3 narrow 2020 regular season losses, UCF averaged 36 points. The Offense wasn't the problem, but the Defense was quite porous in the 4th quarter. Bottom line - Expect UT to be much more explosive this year. Heupel's teams put up numbers. The real test will be how resilient UT''s Defense will be in '21.

* And btw, BYU finished 11-1 last season, its perfect season spoiled by the upset of a very good Coastal Carolina team.

Last edited:
UGA prick. Lost by 3 to a Cincinnati team you were a poorly managed final 5 minutes by their staff away from losing to. Outside of that, the this team lost to that team therefore this coach is better is an intellectually lazy argument by a typical low IQ UGA idiot.

You‘re drunk, go to bed.

Yawn. Why aren’t you more concerned about how Georgia has consistently had some of the top talent in the country but hasn’t won a national title in over 40 years. Seems like a more pressing issue than what Tennessee’s current head coach did at his last school, no?

And down how many starters due to Covid? And BTW BYUs QB is about to be a top 3 draft pick.

Ten University of Central Florida football players, including two projected starters, are opting out for the 2020 season because of concerns around the coronavirus pandemic, coach Josh Heupel said Tuesday.
Ten UCF players opting out due to coronavirus

Allan Adams, OL, freshman
Elijah Benoit, DB, junior transfer from Florida Tech
Lamarius Benson, OL, sophomore
Mason Cholewa, DL, junior
Kalia Davis, DL, junior
Devunte Dawson, DB, junior
Tay Gowan, DB, senior
D.J. Mack, QB, junior
Adrian Medley, OL, freshman
Kendrick Wilson, DL, freshman

Reactions: njvols