Transfer Portal 21-22

White may as well pack her bags now Love leaving doubt she wins 5 games next year all together and they will be Auburn in the SEC next season.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
White may as well pack her bags now Love leaving doubt she wins 5 games next year all together and they will be Auburn in the SEC next season.
Nah, MSST will beat them to the SEC cellar...although LSU will provide some tough competition there too.

Nah, MSST will beat them to the SEC cellar...although LSU will provide some tough competition there too.
They still have Jackson and Carter. I think they have a decent freshman or two that is enough to get by Vandy. LSU may have most of their bunch coming back which will mean they could be quite competitive.

I think Vandy now has six players in the portal. I think not having to sit out a year is going to make for a runaway train in transfers. Looks like it already has. Everybody can't play for a winner not going to happen.

They still have Jackson and Carter. I think they have a decent freshman or two that is enough to get by Vandy. LSU may have most of their bunch coming back which will mean they could be quite competitive.
I would be very surprised if Carter and Jackson don't up and leave. They can see the pieces around them and know that they are not on a contender. Both are too talented to flush their career down the toilet playing for NMP. Rickea's mom has been liking some tweets about how good a coach Vic is and how disastrous NMP's first year has been, so I really can't see her sticking around.

Koi Love (6-0 SO forward, Orlando, FL) has entered the portal, out of Vanderbilt WBB; she was their leading scorer (20.8 PPG) and rebounder (9.5 PPG) in their shortened, 8-game 2020-21 season; named to the All-SEC Freshman team for 2019-20; ranked in the top 70 in the 2019 class

I would take her and/or Chelsea Hall from Vandy...

I would be very surprised if Carter and Jackson don't up and leave. They can see the pieces around them and know that they are not on a contender. Both are too talented to flush their career down the toilet playing for NMP. Rickea's mom has been liking some tweets about how good a coach Vic is and how disastrous NMP's first year has been, so I really can't see her sticking around.
When they leave then Miss St will be all the way to rock bottom.

General Question:

Do you all believe conversations that were had on the men's side that resulted in Pember and Gaines transferring are as common on the women's side as they are on the men's? Personally, I think it would be a great idea to have some heart to heart conversations with a few players on our LV's roster just like Rick did on his and just be upfront about their prospects of playing time. It would definitely clear up some room and make way for some more elite transfers. I just honestly don't know if that happens as much on the women's side as it does on the men's.

Thoughts?

p.s. Does Keyen technically count as a roster spot? I know on the men's side that Anosike doesn't account for a roster spot, and if I'm not badly mistaken their situations are identical.

Koi Love (6-0 SO forward, Orlando, FL) has entered the portal, out of Vanderbilt WBB; she was their leading scorer (20.8 PPG) and rebounder (9.5 PPG) in their shortened, 8-game 2020-21 season; named to the All-SEC Freshman team for 2019-20; ranked in the top 70 in the 2019 class
She going to UCONN 🤣

Maybe but I don’t attack the poster. I stand by the comments I made.

You're insinuating Kellie did not have enough athleticism and the reason she was successful was because of her team mates? Is that the way you feel? I guess it's better than being a "dead spot."

Last edited:
Not being able to play for Wes Moore would not be seen as a positive to me. Wonder what the story is here?
I think she thought she should be playing more think she got less than 100 minutes all season. She didn't have very good numbers when she did play.

You're insinuating Kellie did not have enough athleticism and the reason she was successful was because of her team mates? Is that the way you feel? I guess it's better than being a "dead spot."

She was a valuable and solid PG on a team with a megastar and other top talent. The post I responded to sounded like she was the reason for those championships. Despite not being athletic, she was important but absent the other elite talent, no chance they won those.

I get some want to pump up whatever TN but objectivity doesn’t make anyone a hater. And, yes, we have some on a full roster that cannot play at this level. Doesn’t make them bad kids but we took some reaches and should not allow blockers to prohibit recruiting difference makers in the portal or otherwise which was the context of the comment. It can be best for the kids too.

Last edited:
Isn't she like 30 years old? Is she studying for her postdoctorate?

Delicia Washington is the one who is getting old. I think this will be 6 years for Patberg. Washington said she’s coming back to Clemson. Would have to check but I swear it will be her EIGTH season. Nuts. You’d think she’d need to move on to start a career at some point. Basketball or not.

She was a valuable and solid PG on a team with a megastar and other top talent. The post I responded to sounded like she was the reason for those championships. Despite not being athletic, she was important but absent the other elite talent, no chance they won those.

I get some want to pump up whatever TN but objectivity doesn’t make anyone a hater. And, yes, we have some on a full roster that cannot play at this level. Doesn’t make them bad kids but we took some reaches and should not allow blockers to prohibit recruiting difference makers in the portal or otherwise which was the context of the comment. I can be best for the kids too.

Okay, I get the part about Kellie not being able to win championships herself. Pretty stupid that was ever a point. Teams win championships. I don't get the blocking part. Who is blocking Kellie from recruiting the players she wants?

VN Store

Back