Heupel and staff show how to Really teach..Excellent

Yep. These days it means absolutely nothing.

Oh, but these days absolutely mean something. You think successful, championship winning teams find that success without these days? They don't.

But this is just a snapshot--a piece of the season puzzle, if you will. And I'll give you this: it's not exciting to watch. But it's these days of hard, focused work--from both coaches and players--that build, and build, and build until you see success on the field.

Edit: Apologies, thought your post said "these days mean absolutely nothing."

Still, while I don't consider it "hype," seeing focused, hard work in videos like this is nice to see.

Last edited:
I’m glad JG decided not to come back for a 10th year, now we can get back to business.
Then again, just to play devil's advocate (and get things stirred up a bit), maybe JG could have learned from this staff's attention to detail and become a better QB.

I'm one of the many who have been tough on JG, more out of sheet frustration than anything. I hope he finds success and peace at Washington State.

As for the current QBs on The Hill, I hope all four perform well during spring practice so that makes CJH's ultimate decision difficult. If that happens, the staff will have done its job with preparation.

Reactions: Orange931
Oh, but these days absolutely mean something. You think successful, championship winning teams find that success without these days? They don't.

But this is just a snapshot--a piece of the season puzzle, if you will. And I'll give you this: it's not exciting to watch. But it's these days of hard, focused work--from both coaches and players--that build, and build, and build until you see success on the field.

Edit: Apologies, thought your post said "these days mean absolutely nothing."

Still, while I don't consider it "hype," seeing focused, hard work in videos like this is nice to see.
100% agree these days do mean something.....but I've been off the preseason hype train for sometime now.

Reactions: Vfl2407
Our HS coach would take part of his chew and rub it on your hand if you fumbled. He said it would make you not want to fumble, and I found that to be the case.
Our coach would make you run around the field until he got tired. That worked too.

Actually, your story is pretty cool.

Well, just for argument's sake: Imagine you are a coach, and your vice of choice is Coppenhagen smokeless tobacco. You inadvertently have a dribble of the remnants from the pinch between your cheek and gums. What color does it show up less on? Orange? White? or Gray?

I say keep the gray.
Or in less gentler days in 80’s my HS coach would grab you by the face mask and as he’d be yelling at you get half a can spit in your face.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
We'll see. After the last 12 years, I have become completely numb to the preseason hype/optimism.
No where to go but up, am I right?

KHEiLJx.gif

Well, just for argument's sake: Imagine you are a coach, and your vice of choice is Coppenhagen smokeless tobacco. You inadvertently have a dribble of the remnants from the pinch between your cheek and gums. What color does it show up less on? Orange? White? or Gray?

I say keep the gray.

Sounds like you have experience

Perhaps someone with more knowledge can tell me, what is the drill they are doing at about 3:30 in that video. Looks for all the world like the technique they are learning is how to HOLD the opponents pads to control his body..?? Is that not a penalty anymore..??
Just asking, Thank you.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge can tell me, what is the drill they are doing at about 3:30 in that video. Looks for all the world like the technique they are learning is how to HOLD the opponents pads to control his body..?? Is that not a penalty anymore..??
Just asking, Thank you.

Inside the shoulder pads is okay, it’s for shedding blockers.

Reactions: guido4198

VN Store

Back