Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

All these people acting like Paige isn't any good...each and every one of you would be salivating if she was on Tennessee. Yes, she is that good and I wish she was a LV. She's had an incredible year by upperclassmen standards, let alone as a freshman. As good as Dana, Rhyne and others have been, Paige is very deserving of this accomplishment.

"Isn't any good?"

Who said that?

Reactions: Lucy
@DarthVol , I just wanted you to learn something about basketball. But, once again instead of thanking me you take the snarky road. that's OK though because I know deep down you love Geno with all your tiny heart. ;)

Anyone that follows me knows I'm far more objective and fair when it comes to Geno and UConn than most here, to the point I've been accused of being an "undercover" Husky fans (and some other teams too, I lose track).

Baylor got screwed. All the rationalization and weak attempts at justification from all the former Huskies and fans doesn't change that...

All these people acting like Paige isn't any good...each and every one of you would be salivating if she was on Tennessee. Yes, she is that good and I wish she was a LV. She's had an incredible year by upperclassmen standards, let alone as a freshman. As good as Dana, Rhyne and others have been, Paige is very deserving of this accomplishment.

LOL Paige is the best player, period. The gap is so wide there isn't even a consensus on who the #2 player is (ie who "should" have won).

The outrage is unsurprising though....

giphy.gif

Reactions: Winston Smith
How many did Bueckers score against us?

Like that matters. Do we dismiss Rennia because of how many points she scored vs. WVU?

How many points Bueckers scored in the S16 and E8 of the NCAAT are probably better indicators of her ability against top competition than an OOC game that they won anyway.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
In 2008, Parker very deservingly swept all of the NPOY awards.
She was 8th in the county in ppg, 22nd in bpg, 69th in the country in rpg, and 81st in the country in spg. Her fg% was 32nd and her ft% was 275th.
Tennessee lost two regular season games.

Being at the top of any or all of the statistical categories doesn't make you NPOY.
Nor does playing for an undefeated team.

A great player's influence is most noticeable beyond the stat sheet, and the fanbase of a program with so many of those players should see that. You don't have to like UConn to recognize that Bueckers is and will be remembered amongst the greats in WCBB.

Is there any truth to the rumors that Bueckers, Clark, Evans, Howard, Smith and the other finalists learned to play such good basketball without the social media intervention of a certain immediately available mechanics coach?

Asking for a friend... ;)

If only they had access to his email tutelage...

Is there any truth to the rumors that Bueckers, Clark, Evans, Howard, Smith and the other finalists learned to play such good basketball without the social media intervention of a certain immediately available mechanics coach?

Clarke is not a finalist, she never made the initial cut. I would argue that was wrong, but a NPOY has never been chosen from any team ranked as low as Iowa and never from a team with more than 8 losses.

Reactions: Winston Smith
Clarke is not a finalist, she never made the initial cut. I would argue that was wrong, but a NPOY has never been chosen from any team ranked as low as Iowa and never from a team with more than 8 losses.

Megan Gustafsson from Iowa says "Hi!"

Also, Clark was a finalist. Paige and Dana were the only two players that got more than a single vote, but Clark did have one.

Damn that is funny yal 🤣

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Anyone that follows me knows I'm far more objective and fair when it comes to Geno and UConn than most here, to the point I've been accused of being an "undercover" Husky fans (and some other teams too, I lose track).

Baylor got screwed. All the rationalization and weak attempts at justification from all the former Huskies and fans doesn't change that...

No one is accusing you of being undercover.

Reactions: creekdipper

True. I do agree with your objectivity on UConn. Just a little sarcasm thrown your way. There is no rationalization going on, just a lot of whining. It's basketball. The Umpire signs the score sheet and the winner has the most points. If the Baylor team was screwed it was by Carrington who chose not to work the ball to Smith but as a right hander drove left and got out of position so he had to pivot and throw up a prayer jump shot.

Reactions: glv98
UConn Baylor game over and in the books. The Zebra’s make mistakes. It seemed to me that there were bad calls throughout the game with a slight advantage to Baylor. The death knell favored the Connies. Tough to take but it’s in the books. As Geno said about Lebron. He implied have you Got any fouls you’d like to go back , review and unwind a win of yours. I might not like Geno but he’s right. It’s sports, there are mistakes and we move on

Baylor lost the UConn game when Didi Richards was injured. UConn, as they should have, were able to exploit her loss to their advantage.

Reactions: brassie
Which teams were the biggest disappointments and which teams were just the opposite in the NCAA tournament? I believe NC State and TA&M were the biggest disappointments and Michigan and Arizona were the biggest surprises.

Which teams were the biggest disappointments and which teams were just the opposite in the NCAA tournament? I believe NC State and TA&M were the biggest disappointments and Michigan and Arizona were the biggest surprises.

Texas was my biggest surprise and Arkansas my biggest disappointment.

Just checking out coaches for the final 4 teams and the bio for Arizona has one assistant coach as the husband of the head coach.
Maybe him and Jon can swap stories of what that is like.

VN Store

Back