Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Talent level at Stanford right now is crazy. They have 7 players on their bench that would be a star on any other P5 team

The quickness overall and with the bigs with UConn, Baylor, Stanford and even Louisville is a whole different level than us. We have to get more athletic, especially at point and it would even help with our bigs.

I think if I team is behind be an insurmountable deficit and they are waving the white flag they should turn the shot clock off. So stupid how many times they have to take a turnover and have a formal inbound for .8 seconds or whatever.

Question about attendence in the tournament. Are only family members of players allowed to attend the games?

Didn’t seem like it in the Texas game. And I’ve definitely seen former players in the stands. A bunch of Baylor alum were at the game.

Hopefully no injuries in the South Carolina - Stanford game on Friday because the team that wins that game will need all hands on deck for Uconn In the final. Arizona has a chance, but not much.

Does both South Carolina and Stanford match up well against UConn?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Hopefully no injuries in the South Carolina - Stanford game on Friday because the team that wins that game will need all hands on deck for Uconn In the final. Arizona has a chance, but not much.

I’ve not seen them much. But Stanford seems better on offense. SC would have to win in the fifties kind of game.

Wow! 7 Pts in Q1, 0 Pts in Q4. Maryland has got to be asking where that Texas team was.
Obviously though Texas has more talent and better coaching than us because.......oh wait, that’s right LVs beat SC.

Lucy, where did all that Vic love go from supposedly Lady Vol fans...LOL
They would praise Vic as the greatest ever, and then criticize Kellie with the why did we not get him BS....

So typical of these supposedly Lady Vol fans.......

Lucy, where did all that Vic love go from supposedly Lady Vol fans...LOL
They would praise Vic as the greatest ever, and then criticize Kellie with the why did we not get him BS....

So typical of these supposedly Lady Vol fans.......
It was a minor miracle that he got Texas this far. They way overachieved.

How is she not a starter? She moves pretty well for her size. And that shot.
Because Brink has been a game changer for Stanford ever since she entered the line-up around mid-season. Prechtel is really good, and she has always been a great shooter from outside (and she's only a sophomore), but Brink is truly an amazing player, and not just for a freshman. She will be the next Stanford great in WBB.

Because Brink has been a game changer for Stanford ever since she entered the line-up around mid-season. Prechtel is really good, and she has always been a great shooter from outside (and she's only a sophomore), but Brink is truly an amazing player, and not just for a freshman. She will be the next Stanford great in WBB.

the horse needs time to get back in front of the cart..

I think both are a little better than UConn. Both can give UConn a lot of trouble inside and both have pretty good good guard play. Probably enough to slow Paige down. Our inside game is pretty good and we gave them a scare but Stanford and S. Carolina have much better guard play and outside shootig than we do IMO. UConn is a little suspect this year.

Until the last call I didn't think those refs favored UConn at all. It was pretty evenly called and miscalled. I was surprised they swallowed the whistle on the final play though. Lord knows if that had been Key defending they would have called a flagrant and thrown her out of the game. But I think part of why they didn't call it was bc Carrington was out of control and kind of hurled herself into them, then exaggerated her fall as if she'd been tossed from a rooftop. No doubt if such a call had gone against the LVs and cost them a FF spot, I'd be on lockdown today. Tough ending, but she was never going to hit that shot and it was bad final play execution.

A UConn alum shares on the last call;
screen-shot-2021-03-30-at-1-10-14-pm-png.66443

Howard will still leave. She's just crazy.

If she does, then I’m willing to bet she lands at either Louisville, South Carolina, or UConn. It’s pretty much common knowledge that she has a great relationship with both Dawn and Walz. Whether or not the SEC gets rid of the rule about in conference transfers like the ACC did then that could help decide. That vote is April 14 or 15 I hear.

If she does, then I’m willing to bet she lands at either Louisville, South Carolina, or UConn. It’s pretty much common knowledge that she has a great relationship with both Dawn and Walz. Whether or not the SEC gets rid of the rule about in conference transfers like the ACC did then that could help decide. That vote is April 14 or 15 I hear.
Can't see her at UConn. They are too loaded and will have Azzi Fudd at her position.

You don't have to like UConn but you have to admire the way they play. Watching objectively, it's just fun to watch over the rugby ball of some other teams.

As for Geno, I mean at this point who really cares? He has already passed Pat in wins and titles, records that will be shattered by the time he retires and won't be touched in our lifetimes. It is what it is...
I can't remember the last UConn game that I have watched from start to finish. It might have been one of those ND-UConn games during the Arike era but I'm not sure. I guess I will miss watching the greatness live. Oh well.
Agree with the first post. It was painful to see Geno pass Pat, but since he has I've decided not to miss watching his greatness live. Each to his own of course, but for me it would be like being a bball fan in the age of Wooden but ignoring him bc of a past rivalry. Not only is Geno the x and o king of all time, but his ability to have his teams consistently focused and on point executing the game plan is remarkable. I probably admire that so much bc its exactly what the LVs struggle so mightily with. Of course the ridiculous amount of talent he has doesn't hurt in that effort . IMO Paige is every bit the player she was heralded to be. Didn't expect it, but I find this UConn team really fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: PG1
Agree with the first post. It was painful to see Geno pass Pat, but since he has I've decided not to miss watching his greatness live. Each to his own of course, but for me it would be like being a bball fan in the age of Wooden but ignoring him bc of a past rivalry. Not only is Geno the x and o king of all time, but his ability to have his teams consistently focused and on point executing the game plan is remarkable. I probably admire that so much bc its exactly what the LVs struggle so mightily with. Of course the ridiculous amount of talent he has doesn't hurt in that effort . IMO Paige is every bit the player she was heralded to be. Didn't expect it, but I find this UConn team really fun to watch.

No doubt in my mind UCONN is the prohibitive favorite to win it all this year and....next few years as well. It’s not a lock obviously, we saw a Miss St upset them in the tourney recently, it happens, but generally CGA is not out coached and his talent pool is so well developed. I know SC took them to overtime in Conn earlier in the year, but the Huskies have improved so much since then. Both Stanford and SC have a punchers chance, and neither will be easy wins, but I think UCONN wins their 12th.

Reactions: mcannon1
I think both are a little better than UConn. Both can give UConn a lot of trouble inside and both have pretty good good guard play. Probably enough to slow Paige down. Our inside game is pretty good and we gave them a scare but Stanford and S. Carolina have much better guard play and outside shootig than we do IMO. UConn is a little suspect this year.

Anyone happen to know Geno's record in National Championship games? Asking for another friend...

If SC is able to get past Stanford I like our chances if facing UConn. If one of those two fouls on the last play were called there would have been no overtime loss at Storrs even though SC didn't play well. Since the A&M loss SC's defense has really come into its own. So much so it's worth listening to Vic's comments on the Texas post game presser. Based on the recruiting classes coming in and what's currently on campus, the next few years should give us some epic battles between SC and UConn.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back