Heupel and staff show how to Really teach..Excellent

I know this new staff has only had 3 practices so far, but I cannot recall this much coaching (teaching) since Kiffin.....personally I like seeing players actually being coached.

The only thing I would change is those damned gray shirts the coaches are wearing.....throw those gray away and wear Big Orange!!!

I know this new staff has only had 3 practices so far, but I cannot recall this much coaching (teaching) since Kiffin.....personally I like seeing players actually being coached.

The only thing I would change is those damned gray shirts the coaches are wearing.....throw those gray away and wear Big Orange!!!
Make mine gray, black, or white with beautiful orange as an accent color. I love orange on the field or court, but to wear it as a primary color just walking around, no thanks. I'm a big orange life-long fan and graduate, but I don't walk around in orange clothes...lol. I do think it's great as a secondary or accent color.

Well, just for argument's sake: Imagine you are a coach, and your vice of choice is Coppenhagen smokeless tobacco. You inadvertently have a dribble of the remnants from the pinch between your cheek and gums. What color does it show up less on? Orange? White? or Gray?

I say keep the gray.

Well, just for argument's sake: Imagine you are a coach, and your vice of choice is Coppenhagen smokeless tobacco. You inadvertently have a dribble of the remnants from the pinch between your cheek and gums. What color does it show up less on? Orange? White? or Gray?

I say keep the gray.
3AE01C06-BE7C-4CDF-8D50-2B178238A4ED.gif

Well Arnold? Just in case you missed it? A few days after Danny White made our current coaching hire, there was a football talk video of Heupel someone posted somewhere on here from while he was in the kitchen at his home in Florida during his time at UCF. He kept bringing a white styrofoam cup to his lips, but he wasn't drinking from it. THAT is what I am talking about,

Last edited:
Reactions: Volanta

Perhaps they need a color besides white and Orange to quickly identify the coaches. But that’s just a guess.

Well Arnold? Just in case you missed it? A few days after Danny White made our current coaching hire, there was a football talk video of Heupel someone posted somewhere on here from while he was in the kitchen at his home in Florida during his time at UCF. He kept bringing a white styrofoam cup to his lips, but he wasn't drinking from it. THAT is what I am talking about,
Those are his teeth his is spitting out. He is from South Dakota..

Reactions: feathersax

I say keep the gray.

Our HS coach would take part of his chew and rub it on your hand if you fumbled. He said it would make you not want to fumble, and I found that to be the case.

All these threads are the same with new coaching hires / changes. We could probably go back to the beginning of each change and copy / paste the thread. Each staff is a better teacher. Each staff has a better trainer.
Pruitt's staff could coach. They did it at other places & will continue to do so at thier new jobs. I think leadership on the last staff was the problem. Coaches did not coach as a team. Pruitt tried to micromanage his staff. Great leaders hire great people and then allow/put them in a position to accel. Only time will tell.

I thought Pruitt could teach and then we famously couldn't line up in a legal punting formation against WVU.

I'll just wait until our first few games. I do like to see then working with the QBs. You can mask so many problems with good QB play. I hope they really find someone who can be the guy, and I'm reasonably confident they will.

I thought Pruitt could teach and then we famously couldn't line up in a legal punting formation against WVU.

I'll just wait until our first few games. I do like to see then working with the QBs. You can mask so many problems with good QB play. I hope they really find someone who can be the guy, and I'm reasonably confident they will.

I’m glad JG decided not to come back for a 10th year, now we can get back to business.

VN Store

Back