Spring practice #3. first day in full pads

Wouldn't be that much of a surprise if Maurer stepped up. He has the most physical talent in the group. That said... routes on air favor the guys with physical talent. The winner of the job will be the guy who manages the O, makes good decisions, and then delivers the ball on time and target. That will be more revealed in live scrimmage than anything reporters are seeing right now.

Baron a step slower than Barnett? That's not what set Barnett apart. He wasn't particularly fast as great DE's go.

I hope he is great. A little surprised to see him moved to DE if that's in fact what happened... primarily because of the speed he has at that size.

Lower, not slower. Thinking he meant on the “greatness scale”.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
Muarer's issue was being able to read a defense. I've said it from the first time I really saw him play at UT. He's got foot speed and arm strength.....as in all D1 Qbs have arm strength. Can he improve on his decision-making? Can he go from one read to another on this level?

And no, I don't need his fanclub telling us he can. We need him to show it! Nobody has ever doubted his physical talent.....or at least I haven't.

Muarer's issue was being able to read a defense. I've said it from the first time I really saw him play at UT. He's got foot speed and arm strength.....as in all D1 Qbs have arm strength. Can he improve on his decision-making? Can he go from one read to another on this level?

And no, I don't need his fanclub telling us he can. We need him to show it! Nobody has ever doubted his physical talent.....or at least I haven't.

Maurer in the past had a tendency to force throws. He seemed to get hot, make a big play and then get trigger happy. If he wants to start he needs to be calm and consistent. I think we have 3 very different QBs with unique strengths which should give us a real QB competition.

Wouldn't be that much of a surprise if Maurer stepped up. He has the most physical talent in the group. That said... routes on air favor the guys with physical talent. The winner of the job will be the guy who manages the O, makes good decisions, and then delivers the ball on time and target. That will be more revealed in live scrimmage than anything reporters are seeing right now.

Baron a step slower than Barnett? That's not what set Barnett apart. He wasn't particularly fast as great DE's go.

I hope he is great. A little surprised to see him moved to DE if that's in fact what happened... primarily because of the speed he has at that size.
Barnett wasn't super fast but he had a great first 2 steps and great balance

Reactions: PA Vol
It feels weird not hearing JGs name as the practice champion of the worldddddd.

It's like we have a fresh start all around. New coaches and new starting QB that we don't have to worry about getting benched for JG after the first drive.

This season can't start soon enough.

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back