Transfer Portal 21-22

Which could be us if we had one, maybe two top players. We don’t need much. We are close. If everyone continues to buy in to what Coach Harper is selling I believe we will be right back there.

We just need someone to believe!

I don`t disagree with you much as you know, But on this one we will need to more then two top players in my book.
Good points guys....
On our bench are several players that will never be SEC type of players....They are all wonderful people, but unless they can score and defend with a purpose, the SEC is not their type of league...

Harsh, but true.

Thank You ! i have been waiting for you to call it for what it is, We now need to close the gap with SC,A&M,KY, GA? they will be very good next season two impact players coming in. We can agree to disagree.

I don`t disagree with you much as you know, But on this one we will need to more then two top players in my book.

Thank You ! i have been waiting for you to call it for what it is, We now need to close the gap with SC,A&M,KY, GA? they will be very good next season two impact players coming in. We can agree to disagree.

More would be better but I really think with just a couple really good transfers we could be a top contender. Rae will be back and hopefully even better, I’m counting on Horston and Tamari to make a big jump.

Tamari in particular, she was close to breaking through this year. Soon as she realizes she can confidently dominate people she’ll be unstoppable.

With the returning role players and incoming freshman we really only need one or two quality players to make a lot of noise. We should have much more depth next season. Short bench killed us toward the end of the year. Too many injuries and out of shape players from not being able to practice.

This is wild. Seems to me the university needs to take a look at what’s going on there.
They have five freshmen coming in and think got two out of the portal. I think they have three players still on the roster so that is 10 left even though seven haven't got there yet.

More would be better but I really think with just a couple really good transfers we could be a top contender. Rae will be back and hopefully even better, I’m counting on Horston and Tamari to make a big jump.

Tamari in particular, she was close to breaking through this year. Soon as she realizes she can confidently dominate people she’ll be unstoppable.

With the returning role players and incoming freshman we really only need one or two quality players to make a lot of noise. We should have much more depth next season. Short bench killed us toward the end of the year. Too many injuries and out of shape players from not being able to practice.

I`m not 100% sure about Rae being even better, I only say this is because she still tends to try and drive into traffic a lot when there is no opening. Also to note she needs to work on dripping the basketball. Now with that being said she had a outstanding year on the offensive end. As for Tamari i think this is the summer she will be able to put the work in on the offensive end.

I`m not 100% sure about Rae being even better, I only say this is because she still tends to try and drive into traffic a lot when there is no opening. Also to note she needs to work on dripping the basketball. Now with that being said she had a outstanding year on the offensive end. As for Tamari i think this is the summer she will be able to put the work in on the offensive end.

Which is why we need a PG that can get into the lane and create shots for others. I actually think Rae would also be a really good three point shooter if there were another couple of players to break down the defense.

They have five freshmen coming in and think got two out of the portal. I think they have three players still on the roster so that is 10 left even though seven haven't got there yet.

Seems like it made his team mad though. Let this be a lesson to coaches.....Don’t start recruiting over your current roster or you may not have one.

That’s what’s she’s got to improve. Ball control and shot selection. She did way better this season but still had a tendency to over penetrate against size. She got blocked a lot in the SEC over penetrating.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Seems like it made his team mad though. Let this be a lesson to coaches.....Don’t start recruiting over your current roster or you may not have one.
He did something wrong you don't have ten players leave anywhere usually although there are some other teams with up to seven. I think when it gets that high coach has done something team didn't like.

@Volfan2012

Can the players they have gotten from the portal change their minds or are they locked in now? I would be kinda hot if I committed to play for them expecting to have all those good players as teammates. They are now getting thrown into the gauntlet of starting over.

He did something wrong you don't have ten players leave anywhere usually although there are some other teams with up to seven. I think when it gets that high coach has done something team didn't like.

Wouldn’t be the first time for him. He had some trouble a few years ago and kinda got a pass. Bet he gets canned.

Reactions: Volfan2012
@Volfan2012

Can the players they have gotten from the portal change their minds or are they locked in now? I would be kinda hot if I committed to play for them expecting to have all those good players as teammates. They are now getting thrown into the gauntlet of starting over.
Really don't know the answer guess if they signed something they are locked in. I think the AD of that school needs to find out what is going on that is a whole roster of players. Is he intentionally running them off or doing something weird they don't like. I know he argued with his team some during timeouts in the tourney,

Really don't know the answer guess if they signed something they are locked in. I think the AD of that school needs to find out what is going on that is a whole roster of players. Is he intentionally running them off or doing something weird they don't like. I know he argued with his team some during timeouts in the tourney,

Yes, he seems totally erratic to me. Looks like things aren’t going well and he’s not managing it properly. He definitely appeared to be fighting with Englstler off and on this year but she looked like the more mature party.

About 10 years ago he was accused of sexual harassment and inappropriate touching. They did an investigation but nothing came of it. If it’s a similar issue he will be gone. In the me too era no investigation is needed.

Syracuse still winning but it is getting close.

I almost feel sorry for Nikki McCray, but there’s really no reason for her squad to have performed so badly other than her own coaching failure... I don’t want to see teams in the SEC go backwards so I hope this is remedied somehow, someway soon

I almost feel sorry for Nikki McCray, but there’s really no reason for her squad to have performed so badly other than her own coaching failure... I don’t want to see teams in the SEC go backwards so I hope this is remedied somehow, someway soon
I think she had the easiest job of all of the 1st year HCs, and she failed in such abominably spectacular fashion that the outcome is exactly what she deserved. Why should the players suffer for her ineptitude? I think announcements for Rickea, Jessika and finally Myah will happen by the end of the week. They are too good to waste their time playing for a team that has no chance.

Charlotte and Caterrion (if she didn't already graduate) are the only players I expect her to keep. I'd be surprised if her freshmen don't all reopen their commitments.

Honestly, she should just resign. She will never win back the fanbase after destroying the team, and it's unlikely that she'll be able to mine the portal for players naive enough to play for her who are good enough to keep them out of the SEC cellar.

I kind of feel bad that there are so many unhappy kids. Not the grad transfers, they get a fun new one year adventure playing with house money. The other kids for whom things are not working out like they had hoped.

Call me crazy, but I think she would be the best addition to our team out of anyone in the portal. I watched her multiple times this year and she can flat out play. I also think she would fit our system well and seems like someone Kellie would typically go after.

Would agree. She’s very mature as well. Exactly what we need.

VN Store

Back