Update on Henry T

Honestly. It sounds as if fans haven't moved on but Heupel and the team have. They seem to be moving ahead under the assumption that these guys won't be there. Bonus if they are.

Fresh eyes can be a blessing too. Sometimes a coach can develop biases without realizing it that hurt some players and amount to a pass for others. I'm not sure who was waiting to get a shot last year... but much like JG... Pruitt kept rolling with HT and Crouch even when neither was playing well.

I'm not sure who might step up now that they believe they have a fair shot at playing... hopefully someone will.

Agree....and I think we will be fine at the LB position...hopefully better.

Please stop with it .. they are not on roster and they are in transfer portal , if they aint back by now .. see ya later !!!! Dont want anybody who has doubts !!!
Why? Because it aggravates you? Because you've grown impatient waiting for their decision?

If they come back, they do. If they go elsewhere then so be it. As long as the coaches and present players are focused where they should be... these guys can take as much time as they like figuring things out. The fact that they are getting behind and that someone else might be stepping up into an opportunity is on them.

Reactions: miket4god
Even when D Barnett was there, the D Line was below average. It has been a long time since we were fully stocked. No one coached up.

Sad to say, but as much as I like HTT, he is visiting Ohio State this weekend. Nobody said this at all since his decommitment but he said at the beginning that he is "very interested" in them. Him and Al Washington seem to be on the same page.

If anyone has the problem of entitlement, it’s us fans. We only care about these people as long as they play well for our team. We do zero for them, but expect them to fulfill all our sports fantasies. If they don’t fulfill our every expectation, we want them punished. Get over yourselves.
You are totally correct that sports are way overblown. But I cannot blame the fans for idolizing these privileged athletes. The players are the ones who are acting entitled. How do you think the transfer portal got started?

Reactions: mrredskin
I agree that they should make up their minds and get to spring practice with the rest of the players putting in work. Not sure if they will be back at UT or not at this point. Would like to see their talents back on Rocky Top, but I think that some of the UT fans are more concerned about them coming back than our coaches are. They seem to be approaching the Henry and Q situations the right way. We'd like to have you here, but if you aren't 100, they maybe you need to move on from UT. If you're in, let's go. If you're out, good luck to you. Coach the one's that want to be there. I'd take a team full of 3 stars with a "team mentality" over a team full of 5 stars with a "me mentality" all day every day. There is a reason that football is called "the ultimate team sport". No one player, no matter how great, can win a game on his own. Ask Barry Sanders.
Dumb. No team of 3 stars is winning the SEC no matter what their mentality is.

Like it or not HT is such a talent he'll enter any P5 program in the country excluding none and be one of their starting LBs. It's senseless try to trash the guy's talent. Trash his poor decisions if he does leave us but he's one of the best and most talented at his position in the nation.

Reactions: orange blossom
I really don’t care at this point. So many on here are getting worked up over it. Stays or goes...whatever. Y’all gotta look at it like Curt Maggitt getting a career ending injury. Dude was 120% ALL VOL with an amazing Pro future ahead of him and it was gone in an instant. Or Springer announcing he’s going Pro. HT/Crouch will be afterthoughts like Hurd when he quit for greener pastures.
The staff has a roster of guys here that are hungry, eager, and trying to buy in. Coach what you got. Turn chicken **** into chicken salad. Recruit what you can to keep building. It’s not coach worship or player bashing. Tennessee Football is bigger than HT’s, Gray’s, Hurd’s that come and go.

Like it or not HT is such a talent he'll enter any P5 program in the country excluding none and be one of their starting LBs. It's senseless try to trash the guy's talent. Trash his poor decisions if he does leave us but he's one of the best and most talented at his position in the nation.

He isn’t anywhere near one of the top LBs in the nation.

Lol, yeah right. He can’t cover for Jack sheeeeit. He was better his freshman season.

He will not.

Lol he wouldn’t sniff the top 3 of bama’s LB group. Prob why he’s interested in osu all of a sudden.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Defense will continue to be suspect until JH can recruit well enough to overcome UT’s lack of SEC talent

Possibly so. However, LB play in particular, fell considerably when Bituli(both SEC talent) left. HT and QC(SEC talent) were consensus high 4 stars...albeit Crouch probably out of position, but the LB position was exploited in several games last year. I think with good coaching we will be in a better position this year. Jmo.

Its easy to overlook how important Daniel Bituli was for To`o To`o in his Freshman year.

Go back at look at the film, Bituli was a tackling machine and barring injuries would have had a Steller Pro career.

Year 2 To`o To`o deficiencies surfaced big time.

VN Store

Back