2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

I feel, the four young ladies we have coming in next year, are going to improve our current team so much...mainly because, they are really hard workers, strongly recognized within their states, and bringing proven strong skill sets to the team...One thing you cannot teach is heart, strong will, determination & team [these make winners]...and [although it helps] but you don't always have to have a team filled with top 25 players, in order to be successful...GO LADY VOLS 🧡🏀💪

I feel, the four young ladies we have coming in next year, are going to improve our current team so much...mainly because, they are really hard workers, strongly recognized within their states, and bringing proven strong skill sets to the team...One thing you cannot teach is heart, strong will, determination & team [these make winners]...and [although it helps] but you don't always have to have a team filled with top 25 players, in order to be successful...GO LADY VOLS 🧡🏀💪
I don't know if any of them will start but I think they definitely will play a lot of minutes off the bench. The current bench was not much help and I think these four players will improve the bench both in ability and efficient play.

Maybe they can inspire some of the veteran players to work a little harder. If that happens, we may have a very good team this coming year.

The portal will keep growing something like 200 Grad Transfers and 80 Power five conference transfers already. A lot will have to go to lower conferences to keep playing, but there are at least around 50 that plenty of top teams would be willing to take.

Puckett primed for Knoxville - BVM Sports US

“Just being there in that atmosphere, and just playing for those coaches and alongside those girls there and the girls coming with me,” Puckett said. “I’m going to be going up against a 6-foot-7 Tamari Key in practice, so that’ll give me some good practice, head fakes, going into her, getting a foul, that kind of thing.”

Miles scored 738 points this past season...She averaged 22 points per game.
I see great things coming from the pg position for the LVs next season....
0d192034-1d53-4500-a739-639af1e86c40-BrooklynnMiles.jpg

What I like about the 2021 recruiting class is that they can score points. They don't just score but are efficient in scoring. They don't shoot 35 percent from the field and take 20 shots a game to get a big average. All but Miles as I haven't seen many stats on her, shoot over at right at 50 percent from the field. All three are over 70 percent from the line and Striplin is right around 90 percent. I an not one that expect any of them to be amazing as freshmen, not many players are, I do think they are a real huge upgrade to our bench and expect we can depend on maybe 25 PPG on about 15 shot attempts which would be exactly what we need. With just the players we now know here is how I would think it would play out.

PG- Walker, Miles, Horston
SG-Horston, Wynn, Darby or, Rennie
C-Key, Striplin, Saunders
PF-Green, Suarez
WF-Burrell, Puckett

Last edited:
What I like about the 2021 recruiting class is that they can score points. They don't just score but are efficient in scoring. They don't shoot 35 percent from the field and take 20 shots a game to get a big average. All but Miles as I haven't seen many stats on her, shoot over at right at 50 percent from the field. All three are over 70 percent from the line and Striplin is right around 90 percent. I an not one that expect any of them to be amazing as freshmen, not many players are, I do think they are a real huge upgrade to our bench and expect we can depend on maybe 25 PPG on about 15 shot attempts which would be exactly what we need. With just the players we now know here is how I would think it would play out.

PG- Walker, Miles, Horston
SG-Horston, Wynn, Darby or Salary, Rennie
C-Key, Striplin, Saunders
PF-Green, Suarez
WF-Burrell, Puckett

Nice post! If I were forecasting, I would say....,

PG - Walker and Miles
Wings - Horston, Burrell, Darby, Salary, Rennie, Puckett and Wynn
High Post - Green, Suarez and Striplin
Low Post - Key, Saunders

Based on what we've seen over the past couple of years, Kellie gets minutes for everyone prior to the start of SEC play. She eventually shortens the bench (but not as fast as some posters believe she should).

The question is whether an existing team mate steps up to replace Rennia or KK or if Kellie has to go the transfer route. I believe every player will improve but it may take a transfer (or two) to fill the voids of a championship contending team. IMO, Burrell, Horston and Key and how they develop over the summer will be the determining factor of whether this team will make it into the top 5 in the SEC.

Instant Legit 3-point Threat and Experienced PG

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WPTA21) -- Purdue guard Karissa McLaughlin has announced she's entered the transfer portal, and is planning to play her final college basketball season somewhere other than West Lafayette.

McLaughlin had a remarkable high school career at Homestead, helping lead the Spartans to a 4A State Championship in 2017. That year she also earned the Gatorade Indiana Player of the Year Award, and Indiana Miss Basketball.

McLaughlin made the Big Ten All-Freshman team after her first season with Purdue. As a sophomore, she earned a spot on the First-Team All-Big Ten team.

Injuries kept McLaughlin off the court most of the 2020-21 season However, after initially expecting to miss the entire year, McLaughlin battled back and played in seven games, before getting shut down for the remainder of the schedule.

McLaughlin has already earned her undergraduate degree, graduating from Purdue in December.

To me K Wynn will play alot of minutes from the beginning. She possess Physical and Athletic gifts to play Defense and Rebound and can run the floor and get easy buckets for this team. In CHRIST Alone

I have watched several of her games this season on NFHS,,,she will be on court Friday:

Friday, April 2 at wither 10:30am CST or 12:30pm CST
Antioch Sports Complex (San Antonio, TX)
Watch Live http://PassThaBallLive.com

Miles scored 738 points this past season...She averaged 22 points per game.
I see great things coming from the pg position for the LVs next season....
0d192034-1d53-4500-a739-639af1e86c40-BrooklynnMiles.jpg

Franklin County's Brooklynn Miles is playing right now in the 11th region championship and her team is up up 23-10

VN Store

Back