Memphis crime

I was born in that city but moved away w/the parents when I was like 2 years old. I moved back in the early 70's while in my 20's. And at the time ... I never had any problems except one time I had a wacko-out-of-his-mind driving very fast like an idiot pulling up to cars real close on the passenger's side asking "give me all your drugs or I'll wreck you here & now". I didn't have or used drugs but I did have a fast muscle car to leave that goof ball in the dust.

They had over 300 murders last year and they are well ahead of that record pace in 2021.

I live in Shelby County and have witnessed multiple shootings

Lived in Memphis 1987-1988. Got tired of having my cars broken into or stolen and left. Best view I had of Memphis was in the rear view mirror.

Or the denizens of Memphis quit electing idiots.

You aren't wrong. The election of Herenton and some of the Fords to State spots killed this city.

With that being said, there is an absolute difference in the economic development support the State gives to Memphis as compared to the rest of the State....

Reactions: clarksvol00
Was born and raised there, moved to Nashville in 2003 and now I’m in Murfreesboro. Best decision we ever made.

Had several friends go to med school there, the stories they had were wild. They'd come home and people would be in their house stealing stuff. People were constantly jumping their fence checking their backyard for stuff to steal. One guy got his car window busted out and they took his damn burned CD's. Who steals those? Buddy's dad was down there for school in the 70's, he had a .38 he kept on him for the duration of his stay. He sold it when he graduated, got contacted by the ATF not long afterwards about his revolver that had recently been used in a homicide.

Or the denizens of Memphis quit electing idiots.
You aren't wrong. The election of Herenton and some of the Fords to State spots killed this city.

With that being said, there is an absolute difference in the economic development support the State gives to Memphis as compared to the rest of the State....
Could it be because they keep electing idiots?

As long as they keep electing those Fords and cronies others in the state are not going to waste tax payers money there. There is always some controversy or scandal happening there. Last years letter to the T$$AA exemplifies that.

VN Store

Back