Kaidon Salter suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true but not many Universities are going to “boot” someone for something they don’t actually get charged for. Especially for something like “misdemeanor possession” especially if it is dropped and isn’t even on their record.
Just depends on what the facts are. Something anybody posting on volnation does not know. If there is more likely than not that the players committed assault or robbery but not enough evidence to charge criminally then the chances of getting booted are extremely high. Students get expelled almost everyday from universities for actions that cannot be proven in court.

Again, we do not know the facts so I cannot give an informed opinion on what the outcome will be.

Just depends on what the facts are. Something anybody posting on volnation does not know. If there is more likely than not that the players committed assault or robbery but not enough evidence to charge criminally then the chances of getting booted are extremely high. Students get expelled almost everyday from universities for actions that cannot be proven in court.

Again, we do not know the facts so I cannot give an informed opinion on what the outcome will be.
Kenneth George assaulted a cop. He is still on the team.

He is a thief , drug user and thug and can be charged with a felony at 17 and prosecuted as an adult if the DA sees fit. One less on the street and at my beloved UT. If he was worth a dime he would not be signing here out of Texas but a winning program. I suspect we were the only takers a knew his background.
Allegedly. And they can go ahead and prosecute him for misdemeanor possession...it’s a misdemeanor. 😴

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Sorry you do not like the truth. Nobody on volnarion knows the facts as the facts in this case, I am sure are different than Banks. Cannot compare apples to oranges.
Nobody include you...#Progress. 😏

Not sure why you think your story is a good analogy.

Did you then go with your drug dealing neighbor to another person’s house, assault them, and then steal their stuff? Now that would be analogous.

Finding out you’ve misjudged a person is common. It’s whether you choose to do something stupid and mean with them afterwards that separates people’s inherent character.

It's a perfect example. If his drug dealing companion had been pulled over that night, he would likely have been arrested along with him. If anyone is aware of all the details with Salter's case then it would be news to me. It's pretty clear that he used poor judgement, but who knows how aware he was of what was going on? He's a kid and kids do dumb stuff.

Reactions: Samthebam
Normal people get second chances all the time. There shouldn’t be any difference for Athletes. If anything Athletes receive more scrutiny because it goes viral in seconds due to the media.
Normal people get second chances because they are doing normal things. These men are getting an abnormal opportunity. Get that straight.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
An abnormal opportunity? Lol. You know how many individuals get out of simple possession charges every day? Most cops won’t even cite it because it’s a pain and never gets prosecuted. They will literally just dump the drugs out and let the individuals go.

But please let me know your law enforcement and judicial experiences that make thisrmal.
Abnormal in the the way they are the 1% that get to play D1 football. They shoukd be held to a higher standard

It's a perfect example. If his drug dealing companion had been pulled over that night, he would likely have been arrested along with him. If anyone is aware of all the details with Salter's case then it would be news to me. It's pretty clear that he used poor judgement, but who knows how aware he was of what was going on? He's a kid and kids do dumb stuff.

He went with his newly-met companion to the store before then finding out he was a drug user. Salter, on the other hand, chose to accompany his newly-met drug-using/seeking companions to a place where they were planning an assault and robbery.

That's why it's a flawed analogy.

Last edited:
If found guilty after due process, proper hearings, then he would need to be dismissed immediately, but we are not there yet, allow the legal process to play out before passing judgment.

Salter suspended. Way to start your UT career Kaidon especially with your fathers condition the last few weeks. Where are all the “Kaidon is our messiah” supporters. Sounds like he needs a prescription for a “Time to be an adult” pill.
Lol what a total overreaction. How'd you act your first few months of college? I bet you went a little wild too.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back