Kaidon Salter suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty messed up. Just because his son made a mistake doesn’t mean his Dad and family shouldn’t receive help. Pretty petty.
Sorry you reap what you sow. Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Kid straight out of high school is involved in a assault on campus including drugs in the first few weeks he is on campus.......

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Sorry you reap what you sow. Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Kid straight out of high school is involved in a assault on campus including drugs in the first few weeks he is on campus.......
Allegedly. Not by the police.

The police report never stated anyone was assaulted. The police report stated that the victim wouldn’t even ID the individuals involved.

Should they remain? Is Kenneth George still on the team? Did Alvin Kamara (known to smoke tons of weed) go pro..... should he represent our University..... I mean come on lol.

They were charged with “simple possession” and they were only charged with this because the police couldn’t charge them with anything else based on the fact that the Dealer wouldn’t snitch on them.

I think “kids” deserve second chances. Not everyone is perfect and some people need wake up calls. If it becomes a pattern of behavior obviously they don’t deserve to represent this University.

But, I would say Jeremy Banks (who lost the only Male figure in his life and went off the deep end) is a good indicator on what second chances can do for an individual.
Yeah! Banks has really run rampant, hasn’t he? 😉

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

First off only “one individual” was reported as having assaulted anyone (which wasn’t even actually in the police report) and I doubt that was Salter. Was he involved yeah. Does that mean he committed any of it? We don’t know.

How does he KNOW what isn’t known? He did say he was waiting for all the information to come forward so maybe there’s something that wasn’t reported. In the meantime all that’s KNOWN is misdemeanor possession.
It wouldn't be legally "known" until a conviction or acquittal occurred.

You're deliberately ignoring that police KNOW lots of specific people have committed a crime but they also know they're never going to get a conviction. Are the people innocent? Legally, yes. Actually, no.

A coach isn't a legal position. His judgement isn't based on what he needs to prove in court but what he needs to control his team. Stop being naive.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
I was the avg college student who was around athletes and regular students. I cannot believe some people think people don't make mistakes and are perfect. He will learn from this without a doubt. He will also know who he should hang around and not hang around. For instance, my neighbor in the dorm was running to Walmart. I asked him if I could go to as I didn't own a car at that time in college. We go to Walmart, get the items needed, and leave as we get in the car; he receives a phone call. Low and behold, he is a drug dealer with drugs in his car. He was your avg college student. I learned to never hang around him again as I'm not trying to go to jail. So life is all about lessons and is your most brutal teacher

Not sure why you think your story is a good analogy.

Did you then go with your drug dealing neighbor to another person’s house, assault them, and then steal their stuff? Now that would be analogous.

Finding out you’ve misjudged a person is common. It’s whether you choose to do something stupid and mean with them afterwards that separates people’s inherent character.

It wouldn't be legally "known" until a conviction or acquittal occurred.

You're deliberately ignoring that police KNOW lots of specific people have committed a crime but they also know they're never going to get a conviction. Are the people innocent? Legally, yes. Actually, no.

A coach isn't a legal position. His judgement isn't based on what he needs to prove in court but what he needs to control his team. Stop being naive.
It doesn’t go to court unless they’re charged. If they’re not charged, the coach isn’t going to invent charges out of his gut. Stop being self deluded based on sanctimony.

First off only “one individual” was reported as having assaulted anyone (which wasn’t even actually in the police report) and I doubt that was Salter. Was he involved yeah. Does that mean he committed any of it? We don’t know.
There is no other reason he is suspended. You can make all the excuses you want to save your thig player but im over it. Your logic is flawed. He is a true freshman that is has just arrived on campus and is already suspended. I say cut bate and move on. We don’t need any more **** to bring our program down.

There is no other reason he is suspended. You can make all the excuses you want to save your thig player but im over it. Your logic is flawed. He is a true freshman that is has just arrived on campus and is already suspended. I say cut bate and move on. We don’t need any more **** to bring our program down.
All were suspended for misdemeanor possession.

Charging somebody with a crime and getting a conviction requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Dismissing someone from the football team is an ADMINISTRATIVE action and only requires preponderance of the evidence. Some posters are confusing this. What happens cri I ally obviously has some bearing but a criminal charge or conviction is not required to boot a player off the team.

Reactions: Remy
I mean he is a freshman 1st time being away from home......let's just be glad social media wasn't around when some of us went to college the 1st time away from home
Big difference between sharpieing the face of passed out friends or getting your face sharpied while passed out, than what we are reading about.
Back in my day, social media was called reputation. You usually made your own bed that way.
Kaiden better keep it together.

Flawed logic lol. I’m just stating facts. Facts aren’t logic. He was charged with simple possession nothing else. He is a minor. That simple possession charge won’t stick.

It’s that whole “law” thing. So once that gets dropped what then? He is technically innocent at that point. He is “suspended” because he is being charged for a crime. Once he is cleared of that crime and has completed whatever “punishment” the Football Team and University of Tennessee see fit, he will be back.

So..... I don’t know what else you want to hear but no coach would be able to get or keep players if they didn’t try and help “develop their players into better individuals” especially in a event like this.

Charging somebody with a crime and getting a conviction requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Dismissing someone from the football team is an ADMINISTRATIVE action and only requires preponderance of the evidence. Some posters are confusing this. What happens cri I ally obviously has some bearing but a criminal charge or conviction is not required to boot a player off the team.
We’ll see. Heard the same droning **** about Jeremy Banks. We see how that turned out.

Reactions: MaTaLa
I don't think you can cut a mood

I am of the opinion that even if he is reinstated in the fall, that pretty much takes him out of the pic for being the starter next season.

We should spend the spring determining whether it will be Hooker or Bailey.

This is true but not many Universities are going to “boot” someone for something they don’t actually get charged for. Especially for something like “misdemeanor possession” especially if it is dropped and isn’t even on their record.

Reactions: butchna
Big difference between sharpieing the face of passed out friends or getting your face sharpied while passed out, than what we are reading about.
Back in my day, social media was called reputation. You usually made your own bed that way.
Kaiden better keep it together.
It’s sucked since they invented marijuana in 2006. 😔

It doesn’t go to court unless they’re charged. If they’re not charged, the coach isn’t going to invent charges out of his gut. Stop being self deluded based on sanctimony.
Not sanctimony, AT ALL. You used the term "setting the tone" which is exactly what this situation will do for Coach Heupel.

I don't know what he'll do but I DO know he should get a clearer picture of what actually happened than VN or the police ever get...... or his career as an SEC coach is questionable. Things happen. Elite athletes have often been "given a pass" for years and the better coaches get a handle on individuals but more importantly on their teams.

Leadership DOES involve your gut.

Not sanctimony, AT ALL. You used the term "setting the tone" which is exactly what this situation will do for Coach Heupel.

I don't know what he'll do but I DO know he should get a clearer picture of what actually happened than VN or the police ever get...... or his career as an SEC coach is questionable. Things happen. Elite athletes have often been "given a pass" for years and the better coaches get a handle on individuals but more importantly on their teams.

Leadership DOES involve your gut.
Nah he should do what he’s already done. Suspend them from Spring and reinstate for Fall camp. Unless he has hidden cameras everywhere, he’s not going to get more than what the police give him. Same with Saban cept they’d be back by the O&W game if not sooner.

Reactions: Remy and cHiZzLeVOL
Nah he should do what he’s already done. Suspend them from Spring and reinstate for Fall camp. Unless he has hidden cameras everywhere, he’s not going to get more than what the police give him. Same with Saban cept they’d be back by the O&W game if not sooner.
He's a new coach at this level. He needs to establish his "personnel policy" and it would be best if it's clear...... not to the public but to the team.

I agree it'll be a "what's best for the team" decision but there's more than just this incident at stake, IMO. Unless someone here has a direct connection to the team meetings, VN will never know exactly how this was dealt with but I hope he is successful whether these kids are gone or not.

What we WILL see is whether more of this kind of distraction continues. If it does, Coach Heupel will have failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back