Kaidon Salter suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It hurts. It basically tells me that you think I am incapable of being a decent human being because of the color of my skin. It also means you think you can earn my vote and loyalty by making excuses for me because I am so pathetic that I cannot possibly live up to the same level of humanity and judgment as you without your intervention and help. THAT is real racism.

I will leave this thread and get off my soap box now. But some of these posts obviously set me off because it is personal to me.
Cool story. Who said all that **** you’ve been babbling?

Reactions: JVol76V2
Oh I am sure you are correct, they are coming back. And dont misinterpret my ramblings, I'd be ok with them coming back in a normal world. All about second chances. My anger is with the UT administration, Groves should have never been pushed away, just as these boys shouldnt.

Yea, I live 2 miles from campus. My wife and I have 4 degrees from UT and at this point I am considering pushing my kids to other schools for their undergrad studies, given what I am seeing from the professional educators on The Hill.
These are two different issues. Holding their feet to the fire doesn’t balance out the Groves situation.

Reactions: Voltrappedinfla
What we can all agree on:

The situation was not okay. The players should not have been involved. They should of been smarter.

They obviously did this to the dealer. However, we don’t know why they did it. Maybe he screwed them over at some point or whatever. (Again it was still not okay)

The dealer did not snitch. (Wouldn’t even ID the guys)

The dealer is still probably attending UT. (The Dealer is the Ultimate Problem - access to things like Drugs creates these problems) - these are the people UT should crack down on the hardest. Eliminate that garbage from your University.

Reactions: 901 Orange
At 17 hr can easily be charged as an adult

Anyone 13 years old and above can be tried as an adult if he or she has a record of previously breaking the law or commits a serious crime. Minors who are 15 or 16 years old are automatically tried as adults for certain offenses, including murder, aggravated criminal sexual assault, and armed robbery with a firearm.

This won’t end well— Dondee will step in after the judicial process and expel these guys. There’s too much pressure to clean things up after the Pruitt stuff. Salter might be a good kid, but it’s a tough lesson for him on who to hang with.

They rolled up to where some guy lives, went in, robbed him, and assaulted him.

Regardless of charges or victim cooperation that is not a one practice suspension and forget it ever happened type of incident.
maxresdefault.jpg

It is actually very inconsistent in what it is considered.

Only in bizarro world is it more egregious than going over and busting up in someone's place over drugs and assaults.

This is an educational institution first and foremost, some of us wish they would remember that.
iron-man-eye-roll-gif-1.gif

Key word TRULY. Minimize that! Did it really happen or is it message board foaming fodder? Resume pulpit.
Did the call to the police by someone simply generate itself? Did someone LIE to the police that one person assaulted a roommate, then 3 others came in and robbed someone?

Has the person who reported the crime been charged with a false report? They haven't. An assault and robbery occurred, apparently, and the fact that no one has been charged doesn't mean it didn't occur.

Heupel knows that. You should too.

Reactions: sona
Did the call to the police by someone simply generate itself? Did someone LIE to the police that one person assaulted a roommate, then 3 others came in and robbed someone?

Has the person who reported the crime been charged with a false report? They haven't. An assault and robbery occurred, apparently, and the fact that no one has been charged doesn't mean it didn't occur.

Heupel knows that. You should to.
Difference between “knowing” what actually happened and what is actually being charged lol.

Reactions: butchna
I was the avg college student who was around athletes and regular students. I cannot believe some people think people don't make mistakes and are perfect. He will learn from this without a doubt. He will also know who he should hang around and not hang around. For instance, my neighbor in the dorm was running to Walmart. I asked him if I could go to as I didn't own a car at that time in college. We go to Walmart, get the items needed, and leave as we get in the car; he receives a phone call. Low and behold, he is a drug dealer with drugs in his car. He was your avg college student. I learned to never hang around him again as I'm not trying to go to jail. So life is all about lessons and is your most brutal teacher
I would not consider that scenario average at all. I do not think most people would.

Difference between “knowing” what actually happened and what is actually being charged lol.
You're deliberately being naive.

If coach knows the skinny and the kids don't get charged, he's basically condoning it.

Once and for all, do you think the police report was a fabrication? Was there an assault and robbery or did someone make it up?

And if it WAS the players, even if they're not charged, should they remain representing the university?

Heupel knows that. You should too.
People call in with exaggerated “information” all the time. Ever watch Cops? It’s what’s gleaned at the scene that goes in the REPORT and the REPORT helps the powers that be determine what the CHARGES are. Hands are tied. Sorry...know you were wanting them charged with treason also. 😉

If coach knows the skinny and the kids don't get charged, he's basically condoning it.

Once and for all, do you think the police report was a fabrication? Was there an assault and robbery or did someone make it up?

And if it WAS the players, even if they're not charged, should they remain representing the university?

The police report never stated anyone was assaulted. The police report stated that the victim wouldn’t even ID the individuals involved.

Should they remain? Is Kenneth George still on the team? Did Alvin Kamara (known to smoke tons of weed) go pro..... should he represent our University..... I mean come on lol.

They were charged with “simple possession” and they were only charged with this because the police couldn’t charge them with anything else based on the fact that the Dealer wouldn’t snitch on them.

I think “kids” deserve second chances. Not everyone is perfect and some people need wake up calls. If it becomes a pattern of behavior obviously they don’t deserve to represent this University.

But, I would say Jeremy Banks (who lost the only Male figure in his life and went off the deep end) is a good indicator on what second chances can do for an individual.

How does he KNOW what isn’t known? He did say he was waiting for all the information to come forward so maybe there’s something that wasn’t reported. In the meantime all that’s KNOWN is misdemeanor possession.

We don’t prosecute on what COULD have happened. Prove it first.
Prosecution ISN'T being eligible to represent the university as an athlete.

Is anyone going to jail for this? Doubtful. I'll give you that.

Is this "setting the tone" is coach knows OR BELIEVES REASONABLY that the players were involved in an assault and robbery? You'd better believe it.

If he turns his head AND the players are reasonably certain he believes it was an assault and robbery....... it sets the tone that "coach is going to let us do whatever if we don't get arrested for it."

Reactions: allvol123
Prosecution ISN'T being eligible to represent the university as an athlete.

Is anyone going to jail for this? Doubtful. I'll give you that.

Is this "setting the tone" is coach knows OR BELIEVES REASONABLY that the players were involved in an assault and robbery? You'd better believe it.

If he turns his head AND the players are reasonably certain he believes it was an assault and robbery....... it sets the tone that "coach is going to let us do whatever if we don't get arrested for it."
They’re not going to act on speculation. And I doubt he holds a press conference revealing what he BELIEVES. Players won’t be briefed either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back