Kaidon Salter suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really shouldn't make comments about things you obviously are ill-informed about.

Being charged as an adult does not require a murder charge.
Give me an example of it being utilized in a misdemeanor marijuana possession case then wax eloquently on the chances it would be utilized in THIS incident...oh LEARNED one! 😎

It is actually very inconsistent in what it is considered.

Only in bizarro world is it more egregious than going over and busting up in someone's place over drugs and assaults.

This is an educational institution first and foremost, some of us wish they would remember that.
Let’s suspend reality for a moment and pretend that a university weighs a woke issue as seriously as getting caught with pot? In one you got her RECORDED plainly saying it...the other you have no PROOF of assault/robbery. Educate yourself on those facts!

Allegedly and not confirmed. Haven’t been charged so I’m sticking with ALLEGEDLY. You misspelled factual. We did this dance with Banks...how’d that work out ALLEGEDLY? 😉
This situation doesn’t compare with the Banks incident. Banks just had diarrhea of the mouth and minor traffic violations. This involves assault, breaking and entering and who knows what else. You lose this one but I doubt you will ever admit it.

Let’s suspend reality for a moment and pretend that a university weighs a woke issue as seriously as getting caught with pot? In one you got her RECORDED plainly saying it...the other you have no PROOF of assault/robbery. Educate yourself on those facts!

Then why is he suspended?

Jump whatever mental hurdles you need to get to your happy place.

In what world is a rude word more egregious than a crime. Not one that is sensical.
In what world does possession of marijuana rate equal to racism...to a university? You say “rude” like your heyday was the 20’s. 😅

wow! I really don’t think most people do these kinds of things their first time on their own. It amazes me how some people will spin things for athletes. Are you as forgiving for the average college student/ young person?

I was the avg college student who was around athletes and regular students. I cannot believe some people think people don't make mistakes and are perfect. He will learn from this without a doubt. He will also know who he should hang around and not hang around. For instance, my neighbor in the dorm was running to Walmart. I asked him if I could go to as I didn't own a car at that time in college. We go to Walmart, get the items needed, and leave as we get in the car; he receives a phone call. Low and behold, he is a drug dealer with drugs in his car. He was your avg college student. I learned to never hang around him again as I'm not trying to go to jail. So life is all about lessons and is your most brutal teacher

In what world does possession of marijuana rate equal to racism...to a university? You say “rude” like your heyday was the 20’s. 😅

As a black man, I find it offensive when white folk talk to other white folk about racism. Personally, I think the real racists are those that discover they are racist pricks and then begin preaching to others.

The "woke" white kids are like the slime ball that finds Christ and then immediately begins preaching to others.

Reactions: ksgovols
As a black man, I find it offensive when white folk talk to other white folk about racism. Personally, I think the real racists are those that discover they are racist pricks and then begin preaching to others.
What I’m offended by is when Racism is automatically used as an excuse for bad behavior or criminal actions.

She repeated a word she hears in her music in a celebratory event as a 15 year old. She did not commit an act of racism. Keep trying.
Tell it to the judge. I don’t disagree with your reasoning. Allz I know is my sister and brother-in-law sent their daughter to UT raised in traditional values and she came back woke and indignant. I don’t think she got there by herself. UT will always come out stronger against perceived racism than against recreational drugs. It’s called the WAY IT IS. Unless footage emerges or the suspended don’t do what is needed to return? They’re coming back.

Reactions: Remy and cHiZzLeVOL
If the QB truly broke into a room, robbed someone and assaulted them, then he should never see the field at UT. Trying to minimize it because he plays for your favorite kids football team, and then saying it is not as bad as a freshman girl in high school saying a racist statement, is ridiculous and offensive. Just stop it.

What I’m offended by is when Racism is automatically used as an excuse for bad behavior or criminal actions.

I agree. It hurts. It basically tells me that you think I am incapable of being a decent human being because of the color of my skin. It also means you think you can earn my vote and loyalty by making excuses for me because I am so pathetic that I cannot possibly live up to the same level of humanity and judgment as you without your intervention and help. THAT is real racism.

I will leave this thread and get off my soap box now. But some of these posts obviously set me off because it is personal to me.

If the QB truly broke into a room, robbed someone and assaulted them, then he should never see the field at UT. Trying to minimize it because he plays for your favorite kids football team, and then saying it is not as bad as a freshman girl in high school saying a racist statement, is ridiculous and offensive. Just stop it.
Key word TRULY. Minimize that! Did it really happen or is it message board foaming fodder? Resume pulpit.

Tell it to the judge. I don’t disagree with your reasoning. Allz I know is my sister and brother-in-law sent their daughter to UT raised in traditional values and she came back woke and indignant. I don’t think she got there by herself. UT will always come out stronger against perceived racism than against recreational drugs. It’s called the WAY IT IS. Unless footage emerges or the suspended don’t do what is needed to return? They’re coming back.

Oh I am sure you are correct, they are coming back. And dont misinterpret my ramblings, I'd be ok with them coming back in a normal world. All about second chances. My anger is with the UT administration, Groves should have never been pushed away, just as these boys shouldnt.

Yea, I live 2 miles from campus. My wife and I have 4 degrees from UT and at this point I am considering pushing my kids to other schools for their undergrad studies, given what I am seeing from the professional educators on The Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back