Aftermath of Lady Vols Loss to Michigan

You can continue to pick a fight if you want.

I thought it was pretty straight forward. You can be a ____ or not. Your choice.

Too uptight to say 'dick' but you'll use a GIF with it? JFC

Also you're historically the most aggressive water carrier on this site so it's ironic that you're calling other people out for 'picking fights'.

I know that many of us are disappointed with our second round ouster from the NCAA Tournament and I am just as disappointed as anyone else. For the last 10 years, or more, we all watched the LV program head South. With my disappointment, I still take into consideration that this is KJH’s second year at the helm. It takes more than two years to give life to a program where the oxygen has been sucked out. It becomes difficult to convince many 5 stars that it is in their best interest to be a part of a dying program. Most top recruits are mostly interest in playing for top 10 programs. Sadly, the prior coaching staff recruited well but produced little. Within 7 years the mojo of playing at Tennessee lost its magic. In addition, a rabid fan base, including me, went after players and coaching staff because we craved for the good old days.The attitude of a fan base can either affect recruiting in a negative or positive manner. In reality, retrieving the good old days is going to take a lot of work. No, KJH has not recruited a bunch of 5 stars, however, the 4 four star players coming in, seem to have some strong upsides. It took KJH 6 years to rebuild MoState’s basketball program with a group of no stars. I truly believe it will take KJH at least five years to build a consistent D1 top ten team. Success comes in increments and simply will not happen in two years.
Yeah, it's been well more than ten yrs. now. Kinda hard to believe that the baseball team is ranked higher than either of the basketball teams, or softball, or football.

Sad to see the wait until next year or year after posts .Been that way for awhile now.I thought that Coach Harper had enough talent to at least reach Sweet 16.Just my opinion but I thought she was badly outcoached by the Michigan Head coach....especially Michigan's defense against our two best players who were essentially shut down in the 1st half and until the game was out of hand.No adjustments to offensive game plan at all that was apparent to me.
I am with you in the hope that next year will see some improvement with the new blood coming in but I have to see it to believe it and by the way I am not from Missouri .
I agree with your post, we were out coached. Where were the in-game adjustments? Especially in the last 4-5 minutes of the game. Sure seemed like the coaches were sitting on their hands not knowing what adjustments to make. It also seemed like the team was playing a pick-up game and doing whatever they wanted to. Do they have any set plays? Sure doesn't seem like the coach has control over this team, and if that's right, I don't see things getting better regardless of the players you have.

Reactions: Bsport and mcannon1
Just dreaming but Syracuse is a cold place. U Conn defeated Syracuse 47 to 83 yesterday. The 6' 7" female giant Kamilla Cardosa is from Brazil. She played high school basketball in Tennessee, Hamilton Heights Christian School. Many thought she would enter either Middle TN or UT. She scored 14 points and had 7 rebounds in 24 minutes against U Conn. One other player scored nearly all the rest. She would make a great addition to University of TN a much warmer place than Syracuse. The University of TN has far better players than Syracuse for next year. Kamilla Cardosa would have a much better chance of playing for pros if she changed to UT.
Also, when you look at Holly Warlick, look at all the top rated players she and her staff signed, but then they ended up hating the culture and ended up transferring. We lost so many players through her. I’m hopeful that coach Kellie has created an environment that is enticing to her players. I hope that this connection she brings that Holly lacked, is so contagious to players, that they will want to stay and come play for UT! I think the one thing Pat and Kellie have in common, outside of their styles of play, they are both Mothers. Holly was not a mother, that I know of, so that alone can make a huge difference! Kellie and Pat know how to take players under thing wing, perhaps Holly had a hard time in that department.
Not being a mother was not Holly’s only problem, she simply lack the ability to be a head coach.

Reactions: 007Racer
No. When did you hear about this?
davis is not the same as last year back or hip she been playing hurt and covid 19. no point guard on team but walker played point guard in high school. i think her old old college team she was not the point guard walker. lets see kellie point guard miles coming in next year. her old team just went back to sweet 16 with most of kellie players lending the way. next year class 21 was her change to recuit a class not like 20 no time to talk to players most all had commited.

I'm not sure where the "badly outcoached" is coming from. We had many point blank layups and short 8 footers that were just missed. The coaching was good enough to put the players in position to score. I have no idea what could have been done or said that would have made the ball go through the hoop instead of bouncing off. Some things coaching can do, the rest is up to the players to do it.
17 layups missed will get you beat every time.

Also you're historically the most aggressive water carrier on this site so it's ironic that you're calling other people out for 'picking fights'.

Spoken like the true LV detractor you are. Water carrier....stupidly funny.

Also, when you look at Holly Warlick, look at all the top rated players she and her staff signed, but then they ended up hating the culture and ended up transferring. We lost so many players through her. I’m hopeful that coach Kellie has created an environment that is enticing to her players. I hope that this connection she brings that Holly lacked, is so contagious to players, that they will want to stay and come play for UT! I think the one thing Pat and Kellie have in common, outside of their styles of play, they are both Mothers. Holly was not a mother, that I know of, so that alone can make a huge difference! Kellie and Pat know how to take players under thing wing, perhaps Holly had a hard time in that department.

Tara VanDerveer isn't a mother.
Dawn Staley isn't a mother.
Jody Conradt isn't a mother.
Kay Yow wasn't a mother.

Implying that women who aren't mothers are somehow less than in coaching is ridiculous.

BTW, by water carrier, you mean a positive fan who supports the team through thick and thin unlike you and those that like your hate.

Not really. the argument that the fate of a program hinges on one-tournament is simply hyperbole. And is it worse to lose in the 2nd round of the tournament or to not make the tourney at all (and that following a disastrous season). From tennessee's standpoint, the sticky factor is that they made it as a 3 seed, there highest in years. So, there is a clear story of a strong trajectory.

So apologies to you and others are jumping on my for not going all in on the gloom and doom downward spiral. The sun will come up tomorrow.
One can argue with the way the SEC has been pushed around in this tourney except for the top 2 that a 3rd seed was way to high for us.

One can argue with the way the SEC has been pushed around in this tourney except for the top 2 that a 3rd seed was way to high for us.

Not saying this as a knock on Blair or his players, but A&M has been knocked around fairly hard thus far by a 15 seed and a 7 seed. They have survived the first two rounds but just barely despite being heavy favorites.

Last edited:
Reactions: PG1
I agree. It was a very disappointing ending but I feel the program is going in the right direction.

SEC as a whole stunk up the tournament. Kind of killed my interest in watching the women's tournament. I sometimes like to watch woman because SEC is actually good at it as opposed to men.

The program is definitely trending slightly up from Holly's days, but not at a rate that will get us back in the elite category where we have always been. Kellie has got to recruit better and find a way to get her players to execute the fundamentals of the game more consistently. I sure hope she can do it, but the jury is still out.

Can’t count year 1 as a recruiting failure. Year 2 appears to be a very good class even though they didn’t sign a top 10 rated recruit. Year 3 recruiting has not concluded but got started out right. Would love to see Kellie sign another Holdsclaw or Parker. Who wouldn’t except for maybe the Darth clones. I just don’t believe the teams ultimate success lies in signing a top 10 player. I believe it lies in her ability to sign really good players and develop them into great players.

VN Store

Back