NCAA Tournament Game Thread: (3) Lady Vols vs. (6) Michigan

Doesn't change that UConn and Stanford are recruiting just as well as SC. Those three schools are currently monopolizing the best HS talent.

And let’s not forget that Baylor seems to have a lock on the transfer portal lol

Furthermore, I couldn't hear the announcers in the game sometimes yesterday because the Michigan players consistently talking; loudly, and their bench was doing the same. I don't know why Tennessee's team does not talk more on the floor, and also doesn't have their bench cheering on.

No vocal on court leader. I think of previous years where you had players like Taber Spani or Cierra Burdick who fulfilled that role even if they weren't the star of the team. Rennia is quiet, and I don't see any other player stepping up as an on-the-court vocal leader. Maybe Jordan Walker can be that player. Agreed that it's something they really need.

Well maybe when the Holly players leave
this can be corrected. If not it will be a
problem as it will pass off to other players.

This is why the top recruits will not come better yet i will take your post and put it on twitter. I spoke with a Key family member late last night about the game and the season.

This is why the top recruits will not come better yet i will take your post and put it on twitter. I spoke with a Key family member late last night about the game and the season.

Well don’t keep us in suspense lol👀👀👀

Michigan was actually ranked ahead of us most of the year. Frankly we got overseeded in this tournament, likely due to name recognition. Change the name to anything other than Tennessee and that team is probably given a 5 seed instead of a 3.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Michigan was actually ranked ahead of us most of the year. Frankly we got overseeded in this tournament, likely due to name recognition. Change the name to anything other than Tennessee and that team is probably given a 5 seed instead of a 3.
There were few teams seeded below Tennessee that had more deserving resumes. I think they were seeded just where they should have been.

I also know that when Michigan was projected by Creme as a #4 seed, a lot of posters were saying that was too high and that they weren't that good.

They sure don't have any trouble playing for Geno. Or Kim Mulkey. I think winning championships and developing as a player still wins the day for most recruits.
Horston was number # 2 in her class and if as a witness I'm seeing her development ( all under Harper ), I would shun Tennessee as a recruit.

Horston was number # 2 in her class and if as a witness I'm seeing her development ( all under Harper ), I would shun Tennessee as a recruit.

But you would love over the development of Rae Burrelland even TK took a step forward...

I’m not a sunshine pumper and i’d have questions too as a recruit my biggest one is why isn’t anyone else going there. However, Rae is leaps and bounds ahead of her freshman season and TK is better as well.

I learned long ago not to count on any recruit for anything other than possible quality bench minutes.

The hope to keep up the improvement next season IMO relies completely on the magical offseason development machine. Which has shown signs of life lately with Massingell and then Burrell emerging as way better players. The machine would really have to crank up this year and raise Burrell one more notch to elite, and Horston and Key to at least 75% of their potential. Then add improved, healed and in shape Marta and Green, along with quality depth from at least one of the recruits. Then Walker develops a shot, and/or either Darby or one of the recruit is able to hit the occasional 3. Then we'll be ok. Not too much to ask, right?
Not too much ,but let's ask that Saunders become a feared presence in the post .

Reactions: T.J.
LOL ! you are to funny :cool: But any i see that Maya Nnaji was at the game SC game ? She the real deal

ah hell naw... LOL if you are speaking to the fam it better be positive about TN 🤣

This is all in good fun and you know that... We just need one person to trust the process and commit that is a game changer. The players seem to love playing for kellie and she seems no nonsense yet caring...

I know there may be an opening where Kellie can fill with a great assistant...

Reactions: mlindsay
No vocal on court leader. I think of previous years where you had players like Taber Spani or Cierra Burdick who fulfilled that role even if they weren't the star of the team. Rennia is quiet, and I don't see any other player stepping up as an on-the-court vocal leader. Maybe Jordan Walker can be that player. Agreed that it's something they really need.
that role was Keyen's her injury really hurt us even if she was an undersized post

But you would love over the development of Rae Burrelland even TK took a step forward...

I’m not a sunshine pumper and i’d have questions too as a recruit my biggest one is why isn’t anyone else going there. However, Rae is leaps and bounds ahead of her freshman season and TK is better as well.
Sugar Rae developed and upgraded her own game during cv19, we all witnessed the videos.
Its great to have a basketball family to keep you engaged during off season , the same for Key who spar with her sister.

that role was Keyen's her injury really hurt us even if she was an undersized post
I don't think you have to be the best player on the team to be the strongest voice. I didn't see enough of Keyen to form an opinion, but hopefully she is able to provide that role next season.

Who were the team captains this year? I think about SC, and Victaria Saxton does a really good job of that even if she is the 4th scoring option on the team.

Horston was all everything as an incoming frosh for the Lady Vols and reminds me of the Mens BB player Josiah-Jordan James. Barnes has a reputation for developing players such as Grant Williams etc.

ah hell naw... LOL if you are speaking to the fam it better be positive about TN 🤣

This is all in good fun and you know that... We just need one person to trust the process and commit that is a game changer. The players seem to love playing for kellie and she seems no nonsense yet caring...

A player like Janiah Barker could really set this team up for the future. I don't know who she's considering, but she's the player in the '22 class that is a must-have for Kellie. If she can't land her, she needs to add some players from the next tier down (in addition to Justine) and hopefully better than the previous recruiting classes.

A player like Janiah Barker could really set this team up for the future. I don't know who she's considering, but she's the player in the '22 class that is a must-have for Kellie. If she can't land her, she needs to add some players from the next tier down (in addition to Justine) and hopefully better than the previous recruiting classes.

This! i mean i just can’t be on the total negative train just yet. I think Kellie is changing the culture and the ladies love playing for her and they responded multiple times this year. But even when i was watching the Live story with Candace Parker and Re and Destiny candice was telling them their differences in mentality and what she said is so true and came to fruition !

It`s all good Key staying put i would think. They do read the message board that`s for sure but good vibes.

Reactions: mlindsay
Sugar Rae developed and upgraded her own game during cv19, we all witnessed the videos.
Its great to have a basketball family to keep you engaged during off season , the same for Key who spar with her sister.

She did work on her game but it’s been noted these players were very much in contact with their coaches and did zoom sessions with them over the C19 break. But before that we saw a leap forward with Rae from freshman to sophomore year. We just needed her to settle in a bit and she has credit Kellie with getting her to slow down, think, and just play the game.

Credit def goes to Rae for working on her game! But even she has credited Kellie with helping her think the game.

It`s all good Key staying put i would think. They do read the message board that`s for sure but good vibes.

Exactly and people on here think they don’t 🙄

WE LOVE YALL! I love love love momma horston i just wanna sit at her dinner table one day because i feel like that’s a good time with their family. Go get some good food and some good sound advice she looks the type to tell it how it is while loving you all the same 🤣

I just know that SC will end up signing a huge 2022 class. The potential for that roster is scary...

I like your post and some on this board forget TN 2021 class will need to out play the other Top SEC teams and that will be a tall order. Look at SC 6-2 Victaria Saxton rejecting and 6-9 player shot. Saxton is not a big time offensive player but with her pure athleticism it makes up for that on both ends of the court. And TN has only one player that can deal with her around the rim in the post and that`s Key.

Exactly and people on here think they don’t 🙄

WE LOVE YALL! I love love love momma horston i just wanna sit at her dinner table one day because i feel like that’s a good time with their family. Go get some good food and some good sound advice she looks the type to tell it how it is while loving you all the same 🤣

There good no ill will. I`m sure a lot of recruits read it to.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

VN Store

Back