Why has Omar Payne gotten no action after the game from Florida or the SEC ?

I think most of these guys consider what happens when one of their players do the bad thing, then decide not to make it a public issue. Who knows what is said in private.
exactly.....FL Plays today what if Payne sits on the Bench the entire game....who knows what has been done without all the hoopla....

Reactions: spyfish007
It is complete and utter BS that Payne has not had any suspensions or penalties for his assaults' on Fulky! Payne better not play any during this tournament, but somehow I see this getting pushed under the rug.....

So, according to the logic of @lawgator1 - if, while walking down the street, I pick up a rock and throw it, and it hits a car driving by, I should not be responsible for any damage done to the car because it is unclear if I meant to hit the car or throw it over the car. #amiright?
Better yet, we can't punish you for your crime because think of who might benefit. Would you want to deny your teammates the benefit of your criminal activity just because you are criminal? Sounds like a harsh punishment for them, not being able to benefit from your crimes despite doing nothing wrong themselves!

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
So, according to the logic of @lawgator1 - if, while walking down the street, I pick up a rock and throw it, and it hits a car driving by, I should not be responsible for any damage done to the car because it is unclear if I meant to hit the car or throw it over the car. #amiright?

No,.you are incorrect.

I hate to agree with a gator but you are spot on. Elbows happen in basketball all the time, evidently that is not common knowledge to folks who have never played the game. Was it a cheap shot yes, but he was ejected from the game. He didn’t mean to hurt Fulkerson, and has already apologized. Some people just can’t let it go.
What an insane and stupid statement, there has never been an elbow thrown that wasn’t meant to hurt someone, why throw one otherwise

If the shoe was on the other foot I'd feel the same way you do.

But if the guy has apologized, admitted he was wrong in every respect, and the apology has been accepted, any "punishment" you theorize about is just retribution. That is sometimes its own goal, but is it worth it? Does that have any real value other than to make UT fans feel better?
I wonder why all assault and battery person's just say they are sorry. That makes everything ok. Normally I am a sec fan but I hope florida loses by 30 because their player, coach and administration are gutless cowards

Florida coach, Tennessee coach , Tennessee athletic director. Florida athletic director and most of all the SEC office
are wimps and cowards for not addressing the injury to Fulkerson as an outright assault. They are all wimps.
Who cares his Payne CYA apology came to Fulkerson. There is no courage from any of these people !!!

I’d just get payback next time UF is on the schedule

I wonder why all assault and battery person's just say they are sorry. That makes everything ok. Normally I am a sec fan but I hope florida loses by 30 because their player, coach and administration are gutless cowards

LOL, I am always an SEC fan too, but I also always hope Florida loses regardless of who they are playing and regardless of which sport is involved. :cool:

Reactions: Otis07
Florida coach, Tennessee coach , Tennessee athletic director. Florida athletic director and most of all the SEC office
are wimps and cowards for not addressing the injury to Fulkerson as an outright assault. They are all wimps.
Who cares his Payne CYA apology came to Fulkerson. There is no courage from any of these people !!!
In a nutshell? We're UT and they're UF. Vols fans need to learn their place in this league.

Reactions: onevol74
If the shoe was on the other foot I'd feel the same way you do.

But if the guy has apologized, admitted he was wrong in every respect, and the apology has been accepted, any "punishment" you theorize about is just retribution. That is sometimes its own goal, but is it worth it? Does that have any real value other than to make UT fans feel better?

LAW(?)gator, I normally appreciate your posts but try that argument in court the next time you defend a criminal and let us know how that works out for you. The SEC suspended JuJuan Jennings for intentionally raking his foot over a Vandy player's helmet which caused no pain or injuries to the offended player.

Omar needs to sit out for as many games as Fulky misses (already 1). Anything less is indefensible by the SEC.

In a nutshell? We're UT and they're UF. Vols fans need to learn their place in this league.
Remember the dirty kid that played center for UGA that ruined Shy Tuttle’s career. Nothing happened to him. Tennessee is just a whipping boy for the better teams in this conference until they do something about it.

I just don’t understand what anyone thinks Danny White is supposed to do. He has no authority to suspend another school’s player.

Your beef is with Greg Sankey, Mark Emmert, Mike White, and Scott Stricklin, not with anyone from UT.
SEC should act if not this type of bush league play will continue. If he was in the pros he would be fined and suspended 3 to 5 games.

Reactions: feathersax
SEC should act if not this type of bush league play will continue. If he was in the pros he would be fined and suspended 3 to 5 games.

Sankey doesn’t care about anything except money.

That’s why Bama never gets in trouble in college athletics. That’s his cash cow.

He’s a spineless coward regardless what Danny White thinks should be done.

Looks like someone’s making him sit for at least a half, so maybe the outrage was a bit premature. Haven’t seen him in the game so far at the under 8.

Looks like someone’s making him sit for at least a half, so maybe the outrage was a bit premature. Haven’t seen him in the game so far at the under 8.

Outrage on VolNation premature? Blasphemy.

In all seriousness though, we have no idea what conversations between schools have been said behind closed doors. I highly doubt this is something that will play out in the public eye. What good would that do anyway except to placate fans desire for blood?

Outrage on VolNation premature? Blasphemy.

In all seriousness though, we have no idea what conversations between schools have been said behind closed doors. I highly doubt this is something that will play out in the public eye. What good would that do anyway except to placate fans desire for blood?
A lot of fans owe Danny White an apology.

VN Store

Back