Players Arrested (Old news)

Never said I'd give them the axe (unless Assault/Robbery is actually the charge) but I'd also not make it as easy as touching every Neyland step (honestly, strength and conditioning might have issues with that) or just gutbusters and bear crawls until they puke..... twice.

They need to see the damage. They need to read the ESPN and other media stories out loud at team meetings after practice when everyone's dragging ass then apologize to the team for keeping them there for such BS. They need to feel the disappointment AND they need to know that the team EXPECTS better judgement in the future.
So reading in class as the punishment? I can dig that.

Reactions: kcvols1
So reading in class as the punishment? I can dig that.
Well, tying their hands behind their backs and letting the team play dodgeball against them with medicine balls might be a "team building" exercise.

I don't want to "risk a lawsuit" or anything but a beating for a beating seems Biblical.

Well, tying their hands behind their backs and letting the team play dodgeball against them with medicine balls might be a "team building" exercise.

I don't want to "risk a lawsuit" or anything but a beating for a beating seems Biblical.
We need visionaries like you in charge. Beating minorities for smoking weed is on par with the first guy who looked at a lobster and stated “I’m going to eat this sumbisch!” 😏

Reactions: kcvols1
We need visionaries like you in charge. Beating minorities for smoking weed is on par with the first guy who looked at a lobster and stated “I’m going to eat this sumbisch!” 😏
Teamed with visionaries like you who fears lawsuits from children and wouldn't want to be too hard on those who damage the program.

It's a deal. Sign me on. I've got experience both with leadership and beatings. Lawsuits too, now that I think about it.

Teamed with visionaries like you who fears lawsuits from children and wouldn't want to be too hard on those who damage the program.

It's a deal. Sign me on. I've got experience both with leadership and beatings. Lawsuits too, now that I think about it.
Yeah lawsuits are stupid. You’ve been sued for beatings and still have an internet connection Seems making em run steps would be less complicated tho.

Reactions: sjt18
Yeah lawsuits are stupid. You’ve been sued for beatings and still have an internet connection Seems making em run steps would be less complicated tho.
I endured the beatings. I'm old. In my day parents actually used the belt liberally.

The lawsuit was pointless. I was victorious but the only winners were the attorneys.

First, did I deal with kids differently when I'd had a bad day. I certainly hope not.

Did I deal with them differently when they'd been told "Now's not the time. We're at the Pastor's daughter's wedding, I expect your best behavior" then yes, yes I did.
Not condemning you... but you might want to think about that a little harder. That's pretty much the kind of inconsistency that we're talking about. You meted inconsistent discipline based on appearances.

Coach Heupel and Co should've made it clear by now to the team that it's going to be a hard road for the next couple of years and that the program is rebuilding, is facing possible sanctions, etc, and that the program cannot tolerate more damage.
This isn't likely to do any damage. The NCAA recognizes this kind of thing is common across college sports. It is not part of the subject of their investigation. UT isn't being investigated for weed use or how it is handled. But if you want to see it expanded in that direction... then treat these guys different from others who have done or will do the same thing.

This is damaging to the focus of the team, to the image of the team, to the primary mission of restoring the winning tradition of the team. It's not like the infraction occurs in a vacuum. The team REALLY REALLY doesn't need this crap right now. If that's not been made clear by the coaching staff, you might want to just go ahead and pick up a case of Jack Daniels handles AND some Brown-Forman stock......... you're going to need it.
No one ever needs it. And most of the kids on the team either do it or know it happens. They'll take it in stride just like they would any other time.

Reactions: butchna
Didn’t say that. For Tn. to gain a relevant status back to respectability, we need players
committed to integrity and the football program 100%. The players mentioned here are obviously not committed to excellence.

No we need players dedicated to winning.

VN Store

Back