Ted Valentine out

The officiating in the last tournament was terribly inconsistent. It didn't cost our game against bama, but there were terrible calls made both ways. On bamas last possession before our missed free throws they should have called traveling on the bama player and I still fail to see where we got fouled either. I would have much rather us brought the ball up the floor instead of a player that had been on the bench the entire game and a 50-50 free throw shooter at the line. There were so horrible charges and blocks called both ways, and many hard fouls not called only to have a tick tack one called on the other end. I know basketball is hard to call, but there were many bad calls, just saying. GBO!!!!
thats rite well said

Reactions: Orange Swagger
I have watched Ted over the years and without a doubt Ted makes it about him. I'm sure he's a fine upstanding man but the most emotional, over the top camera hawk official I have ever seen. And that's just plain bad for the game.

Yep one of my friends is an official. He said one of the best compliments is, when you hear I hardly noticed the refs, well called game.

Yep one of my friends is an official. He said one of the best compliments is, when you hear I hardly noticed the refs, well called game.
I always think about a boxing match. The most enjoyable are the ones you say at the end of the bout..."Oh there's the referee" when he holds the winners hand up!

Regardless of Valentine's ability as a ref, he has always been far too conspicuous in a job that requires an inconspicuous presence. Screw him. Certainly don't want him to have a bad case, but glad he's out

Yes - KenPom. His method of ranking them isn't perfect. It basically says that the officials getting the best games must be the best officials. I'm not sure I buy that. As for TV Teddy, I think most people's problems with him stem from his antics rather than his actual calls. I'd also say that any referee ranking that has Pat Adams and Doug Shows in the top 50 is questionable at best.
Do you mind to send the link that ranks them? I have tried googling it and I must not be putting in the correct words for the link to come up. TIA

Yeah. You do. Thanks anyway. I knew a guy and saw that he called the Kansas/Baylor game so I just wanted to see his ranking.
If it was the most recent game between them, it looks like:
Kipp Kissinger: #5
Bert Smith: #11
Doug Sirmons: #19

VN Store

Back