Do yall truly believe Springer and Johnson are one and done?

Honestly Springer is not ready for one and done. He isn't strong enough when penetrating and often gets up in the air with nowhere to go. Keon has the tools but his game needs more refining. Also niether even made sec teams 1 or 2. Springer remains timid or indecisive shooting at times, he needs to make up his mind quicker instead of thinking in mid-air. Keon often get to wild on his dribble toward the basket and gets caught in charging sitution. Both need to stay at least one more year in my opinion. GBO!!!!

Honestly Springer is not ready for one and done. He isn't strong enough when penetrating and often gets up in the air with nowhere to go. Keon has the tools but his game needs more refining. Also niether even made sec teams 1 or 2. Springer remains timid or indecisive shooting at times, he needs to make up his mind quicker instead of thinking in mid-air. Keon often get to wild on his dribble toward the basket and gets caught in charging sitution. Both need to stay at least one more year in my opinion. GBO!!!!
Maybe you want to inform the scouts who have both as lottery picks

My only concern with these two is what they do Friday and hopefully beyond in this tournament.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Keon/ Jaden don't owe anything to UT. Why risk injury and return when you're being promised a first round selection?
Them promises mean nothing, folks on here always look at dollars only. The thread title was do you think they are truly ready, the answer is truly NO. It's not about owing UT nothing, Springer is not going to be a lottery pick, Keon is no slam dunk either. Springer is good enough to go but he has a ton to work on. I have no stake in it and they are going to do what they do, but both would benefit from another year at UT. Williams and Bone are prime examples, of the extra year helping them. Not all one and dones are the same, it is speaking in volumes in Kentucky. It's why I am glad Barnes doesn't go he Calipari route, every 3 or 4 years you might be a great one and done group but many times you also get players that aren't quite as far down the road as folks tell them and they don't handle it well and it falls apart. You have no maturity on the team to reign them in. I told many when Cal went to Kentucky and started that one and done he will live and die and by the sword with that philosophy and Kentucky fans will not handle the inconsistency very well at all. See today! GBO!!!!

We shall see, what players are told and what actually happens sometimes are 2 different things. I never said Keon wasn't a potential lottery pick, but I don't think Springer will be if he comes out and citing my reasons he wouldn't be. Berate on if it makes you feel good. But overall the NBA has been in decline for years, refined games be damned. It's all about running and gunning and dunking. Defense and ball handling and shooting skills have declined. GBO!!!!

You can tell this is a football first fanbase by how little people understand how NBA teams draft. They think every first round draft pick is supposed to be ready to start day one because that’s usually how it works in the NFL. Unless you’re at the very top of the draft that’s not necessarily true in the NBA.

Them promises mean nothing, folks on here always look at dollars only. The thread title was do you think they are truly ready, the answer is truly NO. It's not about owing UT nothing, Springer is not going to be a lottery pick, Keon is no slam dunk either. Springer is good enough to go but he has a ton to work on. I have no stake in it and they are going to do what they do, but both would benefit from another year at UT. Williams and Bone are prime examples, of the extra year helping them. Not all one and dones are the same, it is speaking in volumes in Kentucky. It's why I am glad Barnes doesn't go he Calipari route, every 3 or 4 years you might be a great one and done group but many times you also get players that aren't quite as far down the road as folks tell them and they don't handle it well and it falls apart. You have no maturity on the team to reign them in. I told many when Cal went to Kentucky and started that one and done he will live and die and by the sword with that philosophy and Kentucky fans will not handle the inconsistency very well at all. See today! GBO!!!!

So you’re saying they should go back to school with limited practice time plus having to focus on their school activities and with lesser quality coaches and forfeit guaranteed millions where they have no practice restrictions, can hire personal trainers and get better quality coaches? That would be your advice?

You can tell this is a football first fanbase by how little people understand how NBA teams draft. They think every first round draft pick is supposed to be ready to start day one because that’s usually how it works in the NFL. Unless you’re at the very top of the draft that’s not necessarily true in the NBA.

There is nothing on VN that posters understand less than the NBA draft process. My personal favorite is when they say they don’t watch the NBA but yet somehow they know both Keon and Jaden aren’t ready!

Them promises mean nothing, folks on here always look at dollars only. The thread title was do you think they are truly ready, the answer is truly NO. It's not about owing UT nothing, Springer is not going to be a lottery pick, Keon is no slam dunk either. Springer is good enough to go but he has a ton to work on.
The thread title is "Do y'all truly believe Springer and Johnson are one and done?" Whether they're ready for the NBA or not is irrelevant. Barring some kind of injury, Keon will be a lottery pick, and Springer will almost certainly be a 1st rounder, and many mocks have him as a lottery pick. They will get ready for the NBA much faster out of school than in school. And they'll get paid to get ready.

How would they benefit? There's better development in the league and they get paid to do it. If you don't think Keon is ready, then maybe you should take a look at every other player outside of the top 5 projections. I guess they aren't ready either.

Reactions: zjcvols
Keon/ Jaden don't owe anything to UT. Why risk injury and return when you're being promised a first round selection?
It's not their fault.. Yeah the money talks i understand and don't blame them. It's a different world now than back when it was more about team. There wasn't as much money around and people cared more i guess.

Weird that Tobias Harris only went 19th in the draft in his one-and-done season....15.5 ppg and 7.3 rebs and a proto-type 6'8" forward. No doubt he has few regrets though...heh.

It's not their fault.. Yeah the money talks i understand and don't blame them. It's a different world now than back when it was more about team. There wasn't as much money around and people cared more i guess.

🙄🙄🙄 their decision has nothing to do with their love of UT

Weird that Tobias Harris only went 19th in the draft in his one-and-done season....15.5 ppg and 7.3 rebs and a proto-type 6'8" forward. No doubt he has few regrets though...heh.

That was right before the stretch 4 became popular. There were legitimate questions about what he would become and if he could guard wing players. But he’s worked extremely hard on his shooting and defense and become a stud.

That was right before the stretch 4 became popular. There were legitimate questions about what he would become and if he could guard wing players. But he’s worked extremely hard on his shooting and defense and become a stud.

Yep. He was a tweener and this is the same reason I don't think Springer is a lottery pick. Tweeners always get pushed down the draft board every year.

I'll say this though, NBA scouts are begging for an Oklahoma State vs UT matchup in round 2. If either Keon or Springer can play well against Cade Cunningham, their stock will skyrocket. For those that don't know, Cade Cunningham is a lock for number 1 overall in the NBA draft this year.

Yep. He was a tweener and this is the same reason I don't think Springer is a lottery pick. Tweeners always get pushed down the draft board every year.

I'll say this though, NBA scouts are begging for an Oklahoma State vs UT matchup in round 2. If either Keon or Springer can play well against Cade Cunningham, their stock will skyrocket. For those that don't know, Cade Cunningham is a lock for number 1 overall in the NBA draft this year.

Never heard of her. Is she good?

Reactions: walkenvol
If a team is going to throw mulit-M$ guaranteed at you as a 1st rd pick, does it matter if your ready or not. its still mulit-M$.

Yes, there are if the families so choose.

i wasn’t wondering if they are available. I was wondering if they have been purchased. If yes they can play a bit less cautious. If they don’t have coverage then they’d be concerned about losing millions by tearing up a knee. Even with insurance, the payout is most likely a fraction of their earning potential. So I doubt that either doesn’t play nervous.

Reactions: cardvolfan
So you’re saying they should go back to school with limited practice time plus having to focus on their school activities and with lesser quality coaches and forfeit guaranteed millions where they have no practice restrictions, can hire personal trainers and get better quality coaches? That would be your advice?
I don't blame them if they go dude, chill. I am just saying they aren't ready for the NBA right now that doesn't mean in a years time they might not be. Keon is further along than Springer in my opinion and I am glad they are here for at least a year, sure they might get developed quicker by leaving I don't follow the NBA or it's developmental leagues like I used too. I love both of them, they both still got a ton to work on is all I am saying. In the end it's not my or your decision to make it's theirs. Many thought James was going to be one and done and James is a very good player. I am just glad Barnes doesn't live and die by one and done's, it's not a model for consistency. I like how Barnes looks for the team concept type of player no matter if it's a 3 or 5 star. GBO!!!!

VN Store

Back