Per Hyams - Tennessee shut down due to Covid

WOW . . . when is this nonsense going to end? A survival rate of over 99% and higher for those under 65 and no underlying health conditions . . . let these kids practice!! Oh, and free our basketball teams!!!!

GBO - beat the Dawgs, Beavers and who ever else lines up against the VOLS!!

WOW . . . when is this nonsense going to end? A survival rate of over 99% and higher for those under 65 and no underlying health conditions . . . let these kids practice!! Oh, and free our basketball teams!!!!

GBO - beat the Dawgs, Beavers and who ever else lines up against the VOLS!!
It most likely isn’t.

and after you get your shot, and somebody tells you that you should still wear that mask, it's ok to laugh in their face!
I still wear a mask when I go to crowded places, because (a) 5% chance you're not covered, even with vaccine (the best vaccines are 95% effective, not 100%), and (b) it reassures the people who haven't yet gotten the chance at a vaccine.

Costs me next to nothing to add that little extra bit of protection and significant (for some) extra reassurance. No-brainer.

This is long, long, long past stupid. There are very effective treatments. There is now a significant degree of immunity in the population with or without the vaccine.

I don't wear a mask for the same reason I don't take sugar pills for a headache.

Last edited:
I still wear a mask when I go to crowded places, because (a) 5% chance you're not covered, even with vaccine (the best are 95% effective), and (b) it reassures the people who haven't yet gotten the chance at a vaccine. Costs me next to nothing to add that little extra bit of protection and significant (for some) extra reassurance. No-brainer.
I don't wear a mask for the same reason I didn't take sugar pills for my fever when I had pneumonia following Covid.

That's a good story... My daughter lives with us and works in a nursing home with some of the strictest mask and sanitation rules anywhere. We never required masks at my workplace but installed bipolar ionization air systems instead. We have had ZERO transmissions in our workplace in spite of near constant "close contact" and having had several infected people on site. We caught Covid FROM MY DAUGHTER. They have had multiple transmissions among their small staff.

Covid spikes and subsides regardless of mask use. When Covid hits, masks do nothing to mitigate it. Masks... are a placebo.

Wait.

Why the long faces?

Spring practice isn't scheduled to start until Tuesday (the 23rd), anyway.

Re-read the tweet: "...is scheduled to reopen on Monday [the 22nd], if no further outbreaks."

Monday comes before Tuesday.

Why all the heavy mouth-breathing?
They have to have something to bit*h about with UT Football!

and after you get your shot, and somebody tells you that you should still wear that mask, it's ok to laugh in their face!
I don’t plan on getting the vaccine until I'm forced, but after spending a year wearing a mask and it also being the healthiest year I can remember, I mean not so much as a cold, I am going to be wearing mine for a while.

So if somebody feels it inappropriate to take measures to decrease issues from the third leading cause of death in Tennessee last year you will laugh in their face. That is special. I have been on this site for many years but very rarely post so that should tell you how special I believe your comment is. Stats of the State of Tennessee

I don’t plan on getting the vaccine until I'm forced, but after spending a year wearing a mask and it also being the healthiest year I can remember, I mean not so much as a cold, I am going to be wearing mine for a while.
Not knowing your age, but by what you just said, I am pretty sure you are not old as me..."Mask wearing means a different thing to a 25 year old person than it does to a 75 year old person".

Reactions: MiramarVol
Not knowing your age, but by what you just said, I am pretty sure you are not old as me..."Mask wearing means a different thing to a 25 year old person than it does to a 75 year old person".
All I know is every year I usually have 2 or 3 bad colds, and usually get some bad sinus stuff from pollen. Didn't have any of that stuff this year, and I didn't stay home because I'm "essential".

Wait.

Why the long faces?

Spring practice isn't scheduled to start until Tuesday (the 23rd), anyway.

Re-read the tweet: "...is scheduled to reopen on Monday [the 22nd], if no further outbreaks."

Monday comes before Tuesday.

Why all the heavy mouth-breathing?

Because why let facts get in the way if a negative spiral?

VN Store

Back