Guys fought their guts out. Proud of the effort and the whole team.

ClockworkOrange

Electric Sheep
This bodes well for an NCAA tourney run if we keep up this intensity.

I had almost given up on Plavsic, but he gave us quality minutes the whole game.

And despite missing the free throws, Gaines helped make several key stops.

Only complaint? (Outside of some of the officiating when we got up 15 and were threatening to close them out). Springer had a few ole moments where he simply stepped aside for a guy driving to the bucket. Needs to tighten up on that.

Last edited:
Losing to a team as good as Bama is this year, down Fulky, in the last minute is nothing to be ashamed of. I didn't expect to win or even come as close as we did.

Im just pissed we were up so much and as predictable as ever Refs have to even up the foul count after the half. Ger your hope up only to be squashed! Sucks!!

I said elsewhere if they play like that in the tourney they'd make the Sweet Sixteen, which would satisfy me. I agree about Uros, he was extremely solid. It was not a game you would expect him to do well in considering Alabama's style, and the did abuse him in the pick and roll a few times. But he was a team high +6, played well. Victor Bailey a team low -17, really struggled. Him and Jaden really needed to step up in the second half with all the focus on Keon and they failed to do so. Painful loss but great effort. Suspect officiating didnt help either

Has been a very inconsistent year. Although different from last year when replacing Turner required us to re-invent ourselves mid year, we basically re-invented ourselves this year too. Fulkerson wasn’t performing and changed focal point to Springer and Johnson. Not ideal, as I think players have struggled to understand their roles. Regardless, college basketball is often remembered by how you finish the tournament. Will see what happens. My expectations from earlier in the year have been tempered for sure.

When we shoot well from perimeter, play uptempo, and let Springer/Johnson attack the rim, our defense is good enough to hang around with a lot of teams. On the other hand, when shots don’t fall, we get stuck in half court game and have careless turnovers we won’t make it out of the first round. Just who we are this year, which has been frustrating. Lack of depth and development (for whatever reason) from the likes of Gaines, Plavsic, Nkamhoua, Pember, Anoskie, and Walker has been disappointing and atypical from Barnes’ coached teams.

It’s not that we lost, it’s how we lost. I have a hard time stomaching these 15+ point blown leads. We’ve done it a few times this year.

It’s going to take complete basketball to win games next weekend, not just 1 exceptional half and then a sloppy mess the next half. But, that’s kind of been our MO all year so not sure why today surprised me.

Fulk being out hurt the team. Obvious and Barnes said the same after the game.Say what you want, but we need him to make a run even if he doesn’t give us the numbers we’d like.

Jury is still out on this team. I still think we make the sweet 16 imo.

Reactions: Lankykong
Plavsic Pember Oliver and Annosike all hopefully will leave after this season. None of them have really stepped up all year and if that staff can somehow hold onto Johnson and Springer it would be a heck of a good job just to do that but i doubt either one stays......You have 2 quality recruits coming in next year but 3 seniors leaving with possibly 2 freshman who i hope will give that program one more yr but i doubt that happens. Annosike is a senior to by the way..I don't see Barnes n that staff up there getting any better next yr or the yr after unless that start getting transfers and damn good recruits up there that can run n gun! Way too much talent gone i'm afraid after this yr and hardly nothing to replace it....smh unfortunately

Reactions: 08Vol
Plavsic Pember Oliver and Annosike all hopefully will leave after this season. None of them have really stepped up all year and if that staff can somehow hold onto Johnson and Springer it would be a heck of a good job just to do that but i doubt either one stays......You have 2 quality recruits coming in next year but 3 seniors leaving with possibly 2 freshman who i hope will give that program one more yr but i doubt that happens. Annosike is a senior to by the way..I don't see Barnes n that staff up there getting any better next yr or the yr after unless that start getting transfers and damn good recruits up there that can run n gun! Way too much talent gone i'm afraid after this yr and hardly nothing to replace it....smh unfortunately

Do you mean Gaines?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I said elsewhere if they play like that in the tourney they'd make the Sweet Sixteen, which would satisfy me. I agree about Uros, he was extremely solid. It was not a game you would expect him to do well in considering Alabama's style, and the did abuse him in the pick and roll a few times. But he was a team high +6, played well. Victor Bailey a team low -17, really struggled. Him and Jaden really needed to step up in the second half with all the focus on Keon and they failed to do so. Painful loss but great effort. Suspect officiating didnt help either
Officiating was horrific. The first half might have been the best we’ve played all year.

VN Store

Back