‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

Well he isn't a legacy recruit...
His daddy and both uncles wore #18 in high school...their daddy's number at Ole Miss.

I wonder why he chose to wear #16? Out of ALL the Manning clan, and out of all the places they played...that number has been worn by only one of them, and worn at only one place.

Last edited:
His daddy and both uncles wore #18 in high school...their daddy's number at Ole Miss.

I wonder why he chose to wear #16? Out of ALL the Manning clan, and out of all the places they played...that number has been worn by only one of them, and worn at only one place.
They have over 90 players on the roster with noone having the number 18 so maybe it is retired...

I can't tell if you are being serious or just d***ing off
Being serious. In no way, AT ALL, am I saying his jersey number holds any weight to anything; but, it was the very first thing I noticed about him, and im sure I'm not alone. Would be interested to know why he chose it, whenever he had other numbers he could have gone with, including his grandpa's NFL number. That's all...nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not an idiot, like some around here...thinking I have ANY idea where the kid is going. He could be a Vol, or he could be a mechanic for all any of us know right now. The reason some are saying he's going anywhere but UT, is because they are losers; and, they will be in here each day until he signs (2 yrs from now, mind you), no matter the news, telling us he's going anywhere and everywhere...just not UT. All of us know how it will go, and the usual suspects who will take it there.

Last edited:
He isn’t coming to UT. I have friends that live near him and are close with the family. Big LSU boosters. I believe that is the pull right now.

He isn’t coming to UT. I have friends that live near him and are close with the family. Big LSU boosters. I believe that is the pull right now.
I don't even understand the insinuation of your post. Are you suggesting that some big LSU boosters living near Arch Manning's family are going to be able to sway his decision? If so, that's preposterous.

Number retired or not, this is obviously the correct line of thinking!

Didn’t Peyton wear 18 in high school?
GBO!!

I don't even understand the insinuation of your post. Are you suggesting that some big LSU boosters living near Arch Manning's family are going to be able to sway his decision? If so, that's preposterous.
No. But I appreciate the reasoned and measured response. Shows great maturity.
My friends are big LSU boosters. One of them played at LSU in the late 90’s. They are close with the Manning family and live near them.

Great and mature response. I see you have a little fan club as well. I could respond “AND?” to everything you say as well. It’s amazing that anyone would want to bring information to a fan message board, where we all cheer for the same team, just have a jerk like yourself try and feel like a big shot.
Carry on though.

Great and mature response. I see you have a little fan club as well. I could respond “AND?” to everything you say as well. It’s amazing that anyone would want to bring information to a fan message board, where we all cheer for the same team, just have a jerk like yourself try and feel like a big shot.
Carry on though.
I don't think they meant any ill will by their posts, just seemed to be pointing out that of course your LSU booster fans are going to think that he is going to end up at LSU. I'm sure Ole Miss boosters think he is going to end up at Ole Miss too.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
I don't think they meant any ill will by their posts, just seemed to be pointing out that of course your LSU booster fans are going to think that he is going to end up at LSU. I'm sure Ole Miss boosters think he is going to end up at Ole Miss too.
They talk to the family on a regular basis. Close friends. It’s not just some booster opining on his hopes and dreams.
Again, it’s amazing that anyone would want to drop information in here. Been reading in here for years. Some people just like being an A hole.

Carry on though.
You have NO POINT! Somebody had to tell you...I drew the short straw. Your “information” is what? You know some LSU fans who live near the Mannings in NEW ORLEANS? 1615493883744.gif

VN Store

Back