Big report about to come out how Bama & Ga cheat

I don’t doubt bama and UGA, and every other top 25 program, pay to some extent. Still, him saying UGA paid “Chubbs” 180k when he was a 4* that Butch and Spurrier deemed not important enough to show up for his visit is hilarious.
Prolly cause they knew he was already bought and paid for by the Kirbster.
GBO!!

Uhhh, it is the SEC. doesn’t seem too far fetched to me.
GBO!!
Again, I don’t doubt recruits are receiving money. I just doubt that particular accusation. It just doesn’t make sense given all of the circumstances. If he said UGA paid for his insurance policy when he returned for his senior year then that’s plausible, but Chubb’s career was a giant question mark after that injury. He looked like a shell of his former self in 2016. His YPC went down to 5 YPC from 8 YPC. While 8 YPC is spectacular, 5 YPC, in college, isn’t anything special.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I would have said it before UT got caught. Right now, the game is more about who can get away with cheating the best rather than who can actually run their program within the rules and win.
It's always been about who can get away with cheating the best, but a universal crackdown would reset the board.

I haven’t seen anything reported beyond this thread. Nothing on ESPN, SEC network, etc.

This would have been reported, or at least tomorrow, if there is any substance to this report.

I haven’t seen anything reported beyond this thread. Nothing on ESPN, SEC network, etc.

This would have been reported, or at least tomorrow, if there is any substance to this report.
No, it wouldn't have. You think NCAA, ESPN, NBA, MLB, etc want the cheating scandals exposed? Not a chance. If it destroys the credibility of the sport, they want none of it. These sports run on viewership and blind fandom. Sometimes they get sloppy, someone leaks it and you have a massive story but this only seems to happen when it becomes too egregious to sweep under the rug or you have a rival with a vested interest in seeing their downfall (see Armstrong, Sosa/McGwire/Bonds/A Rod, Calipari, Olympic scandals, SMU, etc). Top tier college football programs paying playing a hundred grand to sign is new in terms of the amount paid, but it is not a shocking allegation and is not in the least a secret among the powers that be. If a school like Ole Miss suddenly starts signing 5 stars then heads roll. It's the way it is.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979

This sheds a light on how our previous staff was operating and what we’re up against in recruiting. Granted this a HS coach, this is how the business runs in SEC country.

ESPN has way too much $$$ invested to bring down Bama and UGA. It's why they have done little to no reporting in the basketball cheating at Duke, UNC, Kansas, Lousiville, UConn, Syracuse, etc.

It will never happen. Designer drugs, bagmen and gambling have a strangle hold on modern sports.
Depends on what people are willing to continue to tolerate. If you are on the low end of this deal... as most schools are... then you have a vested interest in seeing it change. And that's before you get to how the other P-5 conferences already feel about the SEC.

Rush is such a piece of trash. Thankful he never sunk his hooks into UT but his little bumpkin protege' did enough damage on his own.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
That's the guy who had two families that didn't know about each other. I doubt he'll be the one to take the Saban empire down.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back