BasketVols in the NBA

I assume "Spo" is Popovich. I might agree he's better by a landslide, but not the other. At least not by a landslide anyway

Spoelstra. Pop is better too. I’d rather have Stevens as well. Nick Nurse also.

Rivers is one of the top 3 coaches in the NBA

Gross.

Off the top of my head you have Pop, Spo, Nurse, Carlisle, and Kerr easily above Doc. Then you wade into the Vogel, Snyder, Mike Malone, Brad Stevens, tier with Doc somewhere in there. I would even rather have Monty Williams over Doc but I may be in the minority there.

Gross.

Off the top of my head you have Pop, Spo, Nurse, Carlisle, and Kerr easily above Doc. Then you wade into the Vogel, Snyder, Mike Malone, Brad Stevens, tier with Doc somewhere in there. I would even rather have Monty Williams over Doc but I may be in the minority there.

Monty over Doc is a bit of a stretch but yah, pretty much this

Gross.

Terry Stotts and Quinn Snyder deserve a shout out.

Because of Grant's build and skill set, he's never going to be anything more than a role player in the NBA. If he were were to make an effort to be a guard, it might raise his ceiling.

His game and body just do not translate well at all to the current NBA. Could've been a poor man's Barkley in the 90s.

His game and body just do not translate well at all to the current NBA. Could've been a poor man's Barkley in the 90s.
Debatable, Barkley had mad hops for 6'4 and a half, weighing 250 lbs and was a relentless rebounder. Grant's no where near that good of a rebounder, probably because he doesn't have the hops. But, by poor man's Barkley, u mean 18 and 9, in the 80/90's NBA, I could maybe see that

Reactions: walkenvol
Even in the 90s he would have had the same issue. Great college player at the highest level. Ernie Grunfeld transformed himself into a point guard and led Kansas City (Sacramento now) to the Western Conference finals in 1983.

Without getting into the detail of why I totally disagree...

Grant is a stretch 4. Offensively he fits well in the current NBA.

He just keeps getting cooked on defense. That’s it. When he gets better there switching on guards and fouling less, he will get more playing time.

Basically he is half of PJ Tucker right now. Undersized forward that is deadly on the corner 3. Now he just needs to play better defense (like Tucker) and he will be a valuable role player for a decade.

Last edited:
Wow. McRae was so good! Had all the right tools to make it in the NBA but just couldn’t turn into the breakout star I’d hope he’d be. Imagine having McRae with our current lineup!

McRae looked as much like an NBA star as any UT player I’ve seen. He has even shown that he can score on that level. But, he lacks the body (very slight build) and cannot play defense. Also lacks basketball IQ.

He actually is the opposite of GWill.

McRae looked as much like an NBA star as any UT player I’ve seen. He has even shown that he can score on that level. But, he lacks the body (very slight build) and cannot play defense. Also lacks basketball IQ.

He actually is the opposite of GWill.
Tobias, imo. Now, I think McRae did have some great games where he has thrown up 30+ points multiple times, may even have a 40 point or 39 point game. That short-term memory, again. But, Tobias is a borderline all-star and has been for the last 5 years or so, imo

VN Store

Back