Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Dogs hide food in order to keep it for themselves. Juliette loves ice cubes and I occasionally will put one in her food bowl.
I watched as she picked it up, looked around to make sure no one was looking, and buried it under the cushion of her dog bed.
I fell bad that she is going to be surprised and disappointed when she goes back to look for it.
My Golden retriever would retrieve anything, including snowballs. But they would melt when she was halfway back to me, and then she’d go crazy trying to find them again. She wasn’t happy about failed missions!

@volwindy , they look like Australian cattle dogs (blue heelers) or a mix to me ? Like my CerseiView attachment 355191
20210226_161631.jpg

The one on the left is my sister and BIL's dog. We are watching her for a couple weeks. They adopted her and aren't sure what she is but had a DNA test done. She had shepherd, chihuahua, beagle (I think), and one other thing.

Rocky on the right is full beagle. He's a bluetick beagle for his coloring. He's taller and thinner than most beagles.

View attachment 355196

The one on the left is my sister and BIL's dog. We are watching her for a couple weeks. They adopted her and aren't sure what she is but had a DNA test done. She had shepherd, chihuahua, beagle (I think), and one other thing.

Rocky on the right is full beagle. He's a bluetick beagle for his coloring. He's taller and thinner than most beagles.
Rocky's going to be lonely when his girlfriend leaves

View attachment 355196

Yeah, I'm getting old and my eyesight continues to get worse, especially posting on my phone, but Rocky is definitely a (bluetick) beagle, but they both have similar markings to my Dingo (as I like to call her, which always makes her bark for some reason). Both are beautiful dogs.

View attachment 355196

20201028_182118~3.jpg
Did somebody say Beagle and Aussie mix? Millie is part Australian Shepard, not Blue Healer. But still.

My wife’s aging cats (she is cat mom; I am staff) are barfing less now that we’re mixing prescription kidney kibble into their dry food (they get wet treat once per day and dry kibble that they consume as they feel the urge). Wish I’d known about this a few years ago. Cookie has been an urper for years.
2D51BBD3-3399-47AF-BF34-70650AC5F5B0.jpeg
Cookie (front) napping with her sister, Emma.

My Golden retriever would retrieve anything, including snowballs. But they would melt when she was halfway back to me, and then she’d go crazy trying to find them again. She wasn’t happy about failed missions!
You think you were playing ball with her.
She was doing her job.
I had Chessies.
The bred in desire to retrieve is uncanny in some dogs.
When I had my first Chessie (Boo-Boo). I would always buy T Bone steaks when friends came over.
After we ate, I would collect the bones and fat scraps into a large plate. I would bet someone that I could give the plate to Boo-Boo and when she began eating, I would squeek and throw her ball.
I NEVER lost a bet. She went after the ball every time, leaving a plate full of steak bones.

She was doing her job.
I had Chessies.
When I had my first Chessie (Boo-Boo). I would always buy T Bone steaks when friends came over.
After we ate, I would collect the bones and fat scraps into a large plate. I would bet someone that I could give the plate to Boo-Boo and when she began eating, I would squeek and throw her ball.
I NEVER lost a bet. She went after the ball every time, leaving a plate full of steak bones.
Wow, that is pretty awesome. Mine wouldnt need a distraction to look at me and tell me to go get it, if they didnt feel like it.

Reactions: VolNExile
She was doing her job.
I had Chessies.
I was impressed that she could find a snowball made while I was wearing ski mittens (not knitted ones) that was buried in a snow bank. Great dog.

Babe is four months old. Very mellow and appeared at ease with all of the dogs
View attachment 356146
I would love to see my dogs reactions to Babe. I wonder if they would think he smelled like bacon or sausage and end up learning a lesson or would they think, Babe was just a funny looking dog ?

VN Store

Back