Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We expected a serious downturn to recruiting. We aren't whiffing, just too much to overcome for recruits with a lot of options.
If the team looks decent this year, recruiting will get better. We won 3 games and have a new coach, no smart recruit would commit right now until they have more information.

I’d say you’re better than this...but I’ve read your previous work. 😏

giphy.gif

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
He was tight with Sherrer and really valued Weinke...to the point of jettisoning Gillespie to create a place for him. No analogy to Heupel.
Your arguments have yet to even touch the surface of my point.. congrats on making your point that Pruitt hired 6 or so “buddies” or people he “valued”

Reactions: Smokey19rt
No you wouldn't, they really don't heal. Well, they heal just not they way they were beforehand. Your Achilles tendon is about the size of your pinky finger. After surgery and healing it's about the size of your thumb. When they stitch it back together the doctor told me the suture was similar to blind cord. It never flexes like it did before. Before I tore it I could take off from the free-throw line and 360 windmill dunk. Now I'm lucky just to pass it under my leg before throwing it down. (The last part may or may not be true.)
Saw "size of your pinky" and assumed you were talking about your sex life again.

rta-small-penis-pinky-finger.jpg

Invol has small hands (and fingers).

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Oh, I’ve read it all.

And I could give you facts like Fulmer is the second winningest coach ever at UT, or that he’s a hall of famer as a coach, or that he’s won us our only NC in recent memory, or list the who’s who of NFL players, pro bowlers, and hall of famers that played under him, or that we haven’t won even a division title since he left but won five in his tenure, and I could go on but you get the point.

I don’t like how things have gone after his coaching career ended, but give him his due. He’s the best thing we’ve had since the General on the sidelines. That’s a fact.
I don't like to trash on the man, but I think a very large portion of his success can be credited to the program that coach Majors set up (already TONS of talent when he got the HC job) and coach Cut. There is a very distinct trend around Cut leaving, coming back, and leaving again.

To somewhat answer the 'how do you sell coming to UT to recruits without regard to sanctions'...

TOP: UT 27.6 minutes, UCF 27.5 minutes
O Plays: UT 66, UCF 86
Scoring PPG: UT 21.5, UCF 42.2
Opponent Scoring PPG: UT 30.1, UCF 33.2

Perspective:
Bama 2020
TOP: 30.5 minutes
O Plays: 69
Scoring PPG: 48.5
Opponent Scoring PPG: 19.4

We see where this is going. Bama does not have to do fast tempo and extra plays due to their talent. They get more yards per play on O. That kept the D off the field an extra 3 minutes per game and provided better D results. CJH attempts to fast break the opponents. Until the talent catches up somewhat with this roster he will attempt to outscore and go for broke. To do that will require a lot of players to play in each game on both sides of the ball. The D will need to play contain to limit to FG's and go for TO's, the later of which they were successful doing at UCF with a positive 2:1 TO margin.

The coaches can demonstrate on tape and with stats that if you come to UT you will play early and often regardless of the team's overall W/L record. The players/families will see it immediately along with the uptempo, fun style of play and practice. There is no need to sell Heup and his O, he's got a body of work at UCF, Mizzou and Okie to see. It will be up to Banks and the D assistants to handle that side of it. Based on Banks' and Garner's past experience - there is a lot to sell that says aggressive and fun. Now add madman Ekeler to it. A lot of recruits are going to clearly see they will be developed for the NFL based on the staff's proven experience and will get to play in an interesting and fun system that will lead to winning.

In all honesty, if Georgia doesn't win it all this year, Kirby won't ever. Theyve got a ridiculous roster with tons of returning talent
They were +12 ppg last year.

Bama was +30 as most championship teams (2019 LSU +27, 2018 Clemson +31). They have such a long way to go and have only regressed since 2017.

Btw 2017 they were only +19. That is nothing close to most championship-caliber teams, aka they had luck (1 pt win vs ND, 5 pt win vs OU, etc).

If JTD gets injured, even 1 big game, they are EFFED.

Last edited:
To somewhat answer the 'how do you sell coming to UT to recruits without regard to sanctions'...

TOP: UT 27.6 minutes, UCF 27.5 minutes
O Plays: UT 66, UCF 86
Scoring PPG: UT 21.5, UCF 42.2
Opponent Scoring PPG: UT 30.1, UCF 33.2

Perspective:
Bama 2020
TOP: 30.5 minutes
O Plays: 69
Scoring PPG: 48.5
Opponent Scoring PPG: 19.4

We see where this is going. Bama does not have to do fast tempo and extra plays due to their talent. They get more yards per play on O. That kept the D off the field an extra 3 minutes per game and provided better D results. CJH attempts to fast break the opponents. Until the talent catches up somewhat with this roster he will attempt to outscore and go for broke. To do that will require a lot of players to play in each game on both sides of the ball. The D will need to play contain to limit to FG's and go for TO's, the later of which they were successful doing at UCF with a positive 2:1 TO margin.

The coaches can demonstrate on tape and with stats that if you come to UT you will play early and often regardless of the team's overall W/L record. The players/families will see it immediately along with the uptempo, fun style of play and practice. There is no need to sell Heup and his O, he's got a body of work at UCF, Mizzou and Okie to see. It will be up to Banks and the D assistants to handle that side of it. Based on Banks' and Garner's past experience - there is a lot to sell that says aggressive and fun. Now add madman Ekeler to it. A lot of recruits are going to clearly see they will be developed for the NFL based on the staff's proven experience and will get to play in an interesting and fun system that will lead to winning.

Good points but a few things need to be mentioned. One, TN isn’t even close to averaging 40 ppg. I think it’s going to be tough to average 49 this year. Next is the massive difference in competition level. Bama shreds the best of the best in the country with ease. UCF shredded lower tier teams for the most part.

This is by no means a knock on Heupel. It’s just some perspective to keep in mind.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back