'21 TN ATH D’Arco Perkins-McAllister (TCU Signee)

he aint hype on Huepel, that's for sure. He had a man crush on Jeremy. Many VFLs back him up, sadly.

D1 is one of my favorite posters here. It's sad to see the stance he's taken against UT
He'll come around.

UT starts winning. his guys get a chance to shine, he won't be like that.

This kid is straight beastin' in his highlights. Might be a very nice pick up if we get him.

aint got time to explain it all. He's a VIP. works with Buck at NPA, amongst other things. Life time UT fan. knows many coaches etc. He is not happy that UT told on themselves and fired Corn Bread. So, he ain't letting any of his players that he trains go to UT. He's steering them to other schools.
Great fan? He is the kind of fan who causes a lot problems.

>> Class of 2022 safety D'Arco Perkins-McAllister of Stratford STEM Magnet High School in Nashville, Tenn., has watched his stock soar this month, recently landing offers from eight major programs — including Tennessee and five other SEC schools, along with Oklahoma — in a span of less than two weeks. He showed why he's one of the state's fastest-rising prospects during Saturday's tournament, making big plays on both offense and defense. Perkins-McAllister said he finished the day with seven total touchdowns and six interceptions on defense.

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound Perkins-McAllister said he's hearing from Tennessee "probably every day," led by coach Josh Heupel and defensive scouting coordinator Trey Johnson, and the Vols are one of the teams recruiting him hardest. He's a Nashville native, and he has some Tennessee fans in his family, so the idea of staying in-state and playing for the Vols is appealing to them. He said he wants to commit before his senior season, but he's not sure exactly when he might be ready to announce a decision.
-Callahan

his stock has started to soar. The Class of 2022 safety from Stratford STEM Magnet High School in Nashville, Tenn., added 13 offers within a span of less than a month, with seven of them coming from SEC schools. Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Penn State, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Virginia Tech are now among the teams pursuing him.

“Man, this is out of nowhere,” said Perkins-McAllister, who holds offers from at least 24 schools. “I wasn’t even on the map at first. I mean, I always felt like I had the film and the skills to be able to play on the D-I level. But I never really got the attention.
Perhaps no one is making Perkins-McAllister more of a priority than Tennessee. He said new Vols coach Josh Heupel’s staff is talking with him “probably every day” — led by Heupel himself and Trey Johnson, Tennessee’s defensive scouting coordinator — and he said Tennessee is “in my top schools right now, for sure.”

“The head coach, I feel like he really likes me,” said Perkins-McAllister, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 22 safety in the 2022 class and the No. 12 player in his class from the state of Tennessee. “They usually call me. They just tell me that, hey, they can really use me.

“We talk about a lot. We don’t just talk about football. A lot of stuff is just about coming up there and not them just making me a great football player, but a great man. It’s a lot of stuff.”

The Vols’ new staff has made a good impression on him since they joined the race for Perkins-McAllister two weeks ago.

“I mean, I feel like it’s a pretty good staff,” he said. “I feel like I can vibe with them. They show love.”

He said he’s intrigued by Tennessee at least in part because of the opportunity to attend an in-state school. But he said he’s high on the Vols for several reasons.

“The chance to stay in-state, it’s great because my family would love for me to stay down here,” Perkins-McAllister said. “Overall, I think everything’s cool. Just being 100, I feel like everything’s great.”

Perkins-McAllister admitted his family is full of Tennessee fans, and he liked the Vols, too, “as I was growing up.”

“My family was a family of UT, so I kind of, like, just got into it,” he said. “We were just all liking UT.”
He’s not sure exactly when he might be ready to decide on a college, but he said he’s currently planning to announce his choice by this summer.

“I want to commit before my football season starts,” he said. “I want to commit before the season, but I have no clue (exactly when). … I would love to take visits, of course. Virtual visits are cool, but it’s always best to see it in person.”
-Callahan

he aint hype on Huepel, that's for sure. He had a man crush on Jeremy. Many VFLs back him up, sadly.

D1 is one of my favorite posters here. It's sad to see the stance he's taken against UT

I'm just sick and tired of the product they kp serving out. The administration repeatedly makes soft weak moves in times of adversities. The hires of chancellor, president, AD, HC of football have repeatedly been epic failures and never all get on the same page. As well as certain groups of booster fighting and bickering with each other. One big 💩 hole. I love UT and painted my business checkerboard. I'm just disgusted and tired like many football alumni I host camps with and go on their radio shows. One thing I'll never sonis be a sunshine pumper when I deliberately know things are rotten and done wrong.

I'm just sick and tired of the product they kp serving out. The administration repeatedly makes soft weak moves in times of adversities. The hires of chancellor, president, AD, HC of football have repeatedly been epic failures and never all get on the same page. As well as certain groups of booster fighting and bickering with each other. One big 💩 hole. I love UT and painted my business checkerboard. I'm just disgusted and tired like many football alumni I host camps with and go on their radio shows. One thing I'll never sonis be a sunshine pumper when I deliberately know things are rotten and done wrong.
I know you haven't directly said NPA players won't be going to UT, but that's the vibe I get...

I know you haven't directly said NPA players won't be going to UT, but that's the vibe I get...

I'd never say that at all EVER. I will say that many don't view UT or instate allegiance as fans do which is why the best of the best hv continued to leave and play elsewhere.

I'd never say that at all EVER. I will say that many don't view UT or instate allegiance as fans do which is why the best of the best hv continued to leave and play elsewhere.

Where do you think Heupel can get us recruiting wise with everything happening? Realistically.

To be more specific, where do you see our class ranked at the end of this year and who, if any, instate kids do you foresee coming here

These kids would be well served to take advice from their High School coaches instead of these so-called handlers who are using them to make money and promote themselves.

You people who say "handlers" have a big misconception of and hv no clue what you're talking about. In most situations ppl are trainers and advisors. As far as making money off of them, you don't make money off of them. Coaches see who the relationships are valuable to with the kid and try and paint a vision with those said persons whether parents, trainers, grandparents, or whoever it is. Coaches need to get the 1 up not any person who is associated with the kid. This is what recruiting is find the key that fits the hole and use it to gain entry. Work that area til the kid has signed an LOI. Coaches pay because it's the culture of the recruiting game. It's not like ppl see the coaches and say we need 150k. Small talk and visibility lead to all those kinds of suggestions and situations. Recruiting in 88% of the situations paying comes down to closing the deal but in some other situations coaches do it just to get the kids on campus.

VN Store

Back