'22 TN ATH Barion Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious saying he kicked them when they were down? He didn't even have to entertain them at all. Please stop the woe is me UT stuff. They handled it as they saw fit. As a fan of the school he gv them a chance and even after making up his mind to go to the NC team,, he still listened that's beyond giving a very genuine chance. How about the sales pitch just wasn't enough to convince the kid to sway back to wanting to come to UT.

My issue with grown azz fans saying he didn't gv them a fair shot and he did them wrong which is a bold face lie. Or the home team this home team that, none of that matters when you change coaches and there is no relationship at all with a new staff. The new staff has to be ready day 1 and sell the dream/vision or miss out on the key prospects from that year.
Heupel was hired January 27th. Simpson said he made his decision on February 1st. All I’m saying is that if he knew then, he should have made it known to Tennessee. Heck, Tennessee would have been far better off if he hadn’t entertained them at all. The month spent wooing Simpson could have been much better spent with Sam Horn if Ty and his dad had just been straight with Heupel from the jump.

I’m not even concerned that he didn’t come here. I have been consistent with my belief that he isn’t as great as many believe he is and I have serious doubts that he’ll finish his career at Alabama. Sour grapes has nothing to do with my feelings. I just hate that we wasted time on a kid that never planned to come here after Pruitt was fired when it could have been spent elsewhere. He wasted our time. Defend him and how he handled it all you want. Not surprising that you would defend it, honestly.

If you believe Ty, though, that “business decision” was made on February 1st. Why string along your home state school, like that, when they are already behind the 8-ball? I thought that was a bush league move on the part of Ty and his father, who, as a head coach, should have known better than to allow his son to kick Tennessee while it’s down.

I have no problem with Ty making the best decision for himself and his family, and was vocal about the fact that if that choice was Alabama, then he shouldn’t be chastised for it because he doesn’t it owe it to Tennessee fans to attend UT if he doesn’t think it is his best fit. But I think the high-road move would have been to let Heupel know early on that the uncertainty around the NCAA investigation and his unfamiliarity with the new staff was just too much to overcome. That would have been completely understandable to any reasonable person. He and his father handled this situation extremely poorly, IMO.
High road and recruiting are mutually exclusive nowadays.

Reactions: de1conley
Heupel was hired January 27th. Simpson said he made his decision on February 1st. All I’m saying is that if he knew then, he should have made it known to Tennessee. Heck, Tennessee would have been far better off if he hadn’t entertained them at all. The month spent wooing Simpson could have been much better spent with Sam Horn if Ty and his dad had just been straight with Heupel from the jump.

I’m not even concerned that he didn’t come here. I have been consistent with my belief that he isn’t as great as many believe he is and I have serious doubts that he’ll finish his career at Alabama. Sour grapes has nothing to do with my feelings. I just hate that we wasted time on a kid that never planned to come here after Pruitt was fired when it could have been spent elsewhere. He wasted our time. Defend him and how he handled it all you want. Not surprising that you would defend it, honestly.

Kids change their mind in recruiting all the time. That’s how you get flips. That’s why coaches keep recruiting even after kids commit to a different school.

Heup is a grown man and has been a HC before. I’m sure he had an idea he was up against it. Took a swing. Didn’t connect. No biggie.

Reactions: de1conley
A post I agree with.

He may have made up his mind but he gave Heup a chance to sell him on his staff. Just wasn’t enough time. Idk why anyone would be upset by that or take it as a slight. It went as expected.
If I thought it was solely the idea of unfamiliarity with the staff, I’d buy this. But he said himself that he made his decision 4 days after Heupel was hired, which tells me that his decision had nothing to do with timing or staff familiarity. It has everything to do with the investigation, uncertainty, and Tennessee being rotten fruit, right now. And that’s fine. I don’t fault him for steering clear. I would, too. But if I knew on 2/1 that I wasn’t going to go there, I’d have been upfront that the uncertainty was too much to overcome. No shame in that and it allows Heupel the opportunity to spend his time elsewhere.

Kids change their mind in recruiting all the time. That’s how you get flips. That’s why coaches keep recruiting even after kids commit to a different school.

Heup is a grown man and has been a HC before. I’m sure he had an idea he was up against it. Took a swing. Didn’t connect. No biggie.
And it cost us two quarterbacks when it didn’t necessarily have to.

And it cost us two quarterbacks when it didn’t necessarily have to.

In all reality it didn't cost UT 2 qbs. Horn likely had his mind made up too, but like Ty he gv them a chance to pitch their line too. Horn went where he said he felt the more comfortable with the relationships he has built. See this is the issue when you fire/hire a staff and do so with bad timing and press. Whatever you get in 22 is a bonus because the relationships just aren't there.

@de1conley any thoughts on the defensive staff now that it’s been finalized? Specifically Banks, Jean-Mary and Garner. Outside of Willie M of course, we know how you feel about him.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
In all reality it didn't cost UT 2 qbs. Horn likely had his mind made up too, but like Ty he gv them a chance to pitch their line too. Horn went where he said he felt the more comfortable with the relationships he has built. See this is the issue when you fire/hire a staff and do so with bad timing and press. Whatever you get in 22 is a bonus because the relationships just aren't there.
Entirely agree with the 2nd half of your post.

I don't, however, believe Ty gave them a chance, and I'm fine with that. He didn't owe it to Heupel or Tennessee to give them a chance if his concerns were the investigation and the State of the program. Additionally, if Ty were immediately out of the picture, Heupel could sell Horn on him being his first and top priority, true or not. The perception that Horn was a priority and an additional month to emphasize that fact could have made a difference in the recruitment of a lid who had previously begged for an opportunity.

So Ty was ready to commit to one of the worst offensive producing teams Tennessee has ever fielded, but because we fired Pruitt he flips a switch and won't even consider a top 10 offensive minded coach in the nation, without money involved one way or the other?

Ok....
I’m with you. The only plausible explanation is that Daddy was gonna be on Pruitt’s staff.

Do you think there are any highly ranked kids we will get?

@de1conley any thoughts on the defensive staff now that it’s been finalized? Specifically Banks, Jean-Mary and Garner. Outside of Willie M of course, we know how you feel about him.

I think it's a solid staff. With that said and as you stated every position is good except DB coach. In saying that everyone deserves a 2nd chance so we'll see how he does. Between Banks and Martinez I'm sure the DBs will get coaches better than Ansley was doing.

It’s why boosters screwed everything to take Fulmer and Pruitt out now. They knew with transfers and the upcoming in state class and next yrs schedule that this could be their only shot to take back control without fan pushback. They knew full well the consequences but only cared about long term control. Unfortunately they were cheap asses in the process trying to skip a buyout and did everything the wrong way.

I know you’re not asking me, but I feel like that kind of depends on how this season goes. If we come out and look better than expected, I bet we can convince a few highly ranked guys to come on board. Also depends on how serious our punishments are, if they go light on us that will help our chances too.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
It’s why boosters screwed everything to take Fulmer and Pruitt out now. They knew with transfers and the upcoming in state class and next yrs schedule that this could be their only shot to take back control without fan pushback. They knew full well the consequences but only cared about long term control. Unfortunately they were cheap asses in the process trying to skip a buyout and did everything the wrong way.
Spending a lot of money to be cheap!

Man, y’all get big mad at @de1conley when he is telling y’all facts. These are business decisions to them as it should be. We are blinded because we are fans and have no skin in the game. We want all the kids to go here but no need to hate or bash when they don’t. Go to bama and get rings and best exposure. Come to UT and be part of a rebuild. Some want that, not everyone though.

I think it's a solid staff. With that said and as you stated every position is good except DB coach. In saying that everyone deserves a 2nd chance so we'll see how he does. Between Banks and Martinez I'm sure the DBs will get coaches better than Ansley was doing.

After WM was hired several former players at TN that he coached were very happy on social media

Yes they will as of today the Wade brothers, Fisher Anderson, Hood, Horton, James- the rb, D. Perkins, etc are all listening. You just have to wonder if prior relationships built with other schools like the Qbs will be too much to over come.

A business decision to never start lol. He won’t play a meaningful down for them ever. Mark it down.

They said the same about Mack Jones, but it was only ppl opinion. One thing for sure 2 things for certain only reason you're saying that is because he didn't come to UT but time will tell.

They said the same about Mack Jones, but it was only ppl opinion. One thing for sure 2 things for certain only reason you're saying that is because he didn't come to UT but time will tell.

Incorrect. Also, Mac Jones played at a private high school who won multiple state championships in Florida. Against way better competition than Ty.

I said this way before he went to Alabama. (approximately 2 to 3 months ago) I played in the area he played in and know the competition level. I also know of many QBs who were way better than Simpson to include my former QB who ended up setting records at the University of Tennessee Martin who would of thrown circles around Ty Simpson.

Simpson will not play a meaningful snap for Alabama.

Reactions: volsfan_17

Is your issue with Martinez because of coaching or recruiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back