SpaceX/NASA - Manned Launch Today

Watched the launch with my autistic son and mentioned that Temple Grandin said that Elon Musk is probably on autism spectrum...he got a big smile on his face

Do they have video of them actually deploying the satellites? I always wondered if they released them all at once

At 1:04 after the launch they are deployed as a group and drift away. I don’t know if there are any cameras to show them being distributed over the next few days.

Reactions: VolnJC
I can now sign up for pre delivery in summer or fall service for 99 dollars down. We really have nothing to lose...right now our options are slow DSL, which won't work for us homeschooling and working from home or Viasat.. which is 150 a month for 100gbs of 20mbps and a ping of around 500ms

Reactions: Regulator
Now the next launch is showing as 2/24. They might be working on not losing another stage 1 propulsion system.

They have a countdown running for a manned launch on 4/20/2021. Appropriate date for Elon.

Reactions: VolNExile
I can now sign up for pre delivery in summer or fall service for 99 dollars down. We really have nothing to lose...right now our options are slow DSL, which won't work for us homeschooling and working from home or Viasat.. which is 150 a month for 100gbs of 20mbps and a ping of around 500ms

I’m signed up also. Pretty stoked.

Reactions: VolnJC

Do they actually charge you for the equipment? That’s gonna be an entry barrier for a lot of folks in rural areas.

5D93E18F-0B8B-441F-AC93-5680F58BBBFF.jpeg

I look at it this way. My Viasat is $180/mo and it’s not good. This pays for itself in less than 6 months.

That is a fair point. I have a friend that lives on a rural farm. He has to use Verizon Hotspot and even that is shaky. Plus has a data cap so pretty much eliminates any video streaming.

Sent him the link and he signed up.

Reactions: VolNExile
Do they actually charge you for the equipment? That’s gonna be an entry barrier for a lot of folks in rural areas.

View attachment 352316
I look at it as a deterrent for the people with better options getting it because its Elon Musk brand...Us Viasat folks its an investment that will pay for itself in a few months and hopefully the end of the little circle when streaming buffering-dirty.jpeg

I’ve gotta say, as much as I’ve been hooked on humans exploring space, I’d be getting cold feet for traveling on SpaceX for now. I’m glad they have these automatic aborts, but they sure seem to happen a lot.

VN Store

Back