Auburn and LSU both own us, no way around it

The Vols have really slipped the last several games and I place most of the fault at Barnes' feet. The Vols have enough talent that sme analysts picked them for the Final Four at the beginning of the season. Something happened about the middle of the season and it's only gotten worse since. This is representative of Barnes's coaching style. Lack of player development and ingame coaching. Lately, all he has done during most games is sit in his chair and got in player's faces when they exit the game. Seems to me that most of the in game coaching is done by Assistants. Had I been the AD when he openly admitted he wanted the UCLA job and the only thing that stopped him was the buyout, I would have told him to go and the buyout was cancelled.

The Vols have really slipped the last several games and I place most of the fault at Barnes' feet. The Vols have enough talent that sme analysts picked them for the Final Four at the beginning of the season. Something happened about the middle of the season and it's only gotten worse since. This is representative of Barnes's coaching style. Lack of player development and ingame coaching. Lately, all he has done during most games is sit in his chair and got in player's faces when they exit the game. Seems to me that most of the in game coaching is done by Assistants. Had I been the AD when he openly admitted he wanted the UCLA job and the only thing that stopped him was the buyout, I would have told him to go and the buyout was cancelled.
He’s a bum. Wish we could cut him loose and grab Oates out of Tuscatrailorpark.

Reactions: 08Vol
Flawed roster. We need to open up about 6 scholarships

I'm really a big fan of Barnes, but at what point does the "kids aren't listening to what we tell them" turn into coaching issues

Why all the hate on Barnes. The guy tried to leave and Fulmer wouldn't let him. Barnes had done his job. built a decent program and knew when it was time to leave. then MONEY spoke.
We paid good money to get what Texas had. A frustrated fanbase.

We have 2 very good players and a glue guy in James. Outside of that our talent is below average. We have no PG. We have nothing in the post. We are poor shooters. We are poor rebounders. Once teams got a scout on us we found our level. The preseason prognostications were by people writing for clicks. They really didn't know anything about UT except the 2 super frosh and jumped to conclusions.

Not sure we win again this year. If I'm being honest, I'm not sure I care. Probably best to put this years team out of it's misery and start looking for talent to go with Chandler next year. Sadly, I don't think we'll find what we need in the transfer portal. Let's be real....they're transferring for a reason. It's pretty much the same in football and with JUCOs. Rarely do you get a difference maker that way. Anosike is a prime example.

Last edited:
Barnes teams just can’t play that style of ball, imo. And that’s no knock on him (I like Barnes). Just a bad matchup.

VN Store

Back