Top Golf Neyland

May 20-23. There's not a ton of tickets left, but if you enjoy golf, even casually, this would be a cool experience.

Topgolf Live

How many golf courses do we have around here? Hell, we used to have one here in Greenback...or so I was told, I don't golf. It is a good walk wasted. But still, if you are going to have a golfing event, here is a novel idea; Have it at a golf course. Or we need to let the local football players scrimmage on the golf courses. Imagine how they will look after a few blocking drills. And the coaches whistle will get the same reaction from the tees and the greens as Johnny Knoxville's air horn did.

Wish we wouldn’t do this Neyland is a special place and doesn’t need this stupidity

Was the Garth concert stupid? Not trying to call you out, just want to get your opinion about events at Neyland that aren't football related. UT, and other colleges, are looking at ways to increase usage for its venues.

A stadium that is only used 7-8 times per year doesn't make a lot of financial sense today.

Reactions: kcvols1
Was the Garth concert stupid? Not trying to call you out, just want to get your opinion about events at Neyland that aren't football related. UT, and other colleges, are looking at ways to increase usage for its venues.

A stadium that is only used 7-8 times per year doesn't make a lot of financial sense today.
For me it was. For me Neyland is for Tennessee football and that’s it

For me it was. For me Neyland is for Tennessee football and that’s it

I understand. IMO, it doesn't make sense to invest hundreds of millions of dollars into a venue only used 7-8 times per year.

The new stadiums opening in the last decade have hundreds of events held there per year (non-covid years).

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I understand. IMO, it doesn't make sense to invest hundreds of millions of dollars into a venue only used 7-8 times per year.

The new stadiums opening in the last decade have hundreds of events held there per year (non-covid years).
Do we really need to invest hundreds of millions of dollars to it now? I guess I’m old fashioned but I resent the upcoming renovations. I hate seeing them take seats out

Do we really need to invest hundreds of millions of dollars to it now? I guess I’m old fashioned but I resent the upcoming renovations. I hate seeing them take seats out

If you love current Neyland I really think you are going to hate the upcoming renovations. I guess I will be one of those annoying people who quote an "unnamed source in the program" but I have been told under good authority the current climate surrounding renovations is to decrease capacity to about 85k, rip out the bleachers and put in stadium seating similar to a NFL stadium. It is consistent with the overall trend in college sports of decreased attendance, will make the gameday experience much better (hence people in theory should pay more for tickets) and no one thinks we are going to be packing Neyland with >100k anytime in the near future. Fulmer was the biggest obstacle to this and insisted UT fans would revolt if Neyland ever dropped below 100k. But Fulmer is gone now. Don't kill the messenger on this one but Neyland is going to become smaller and more luxurious, I am almost certain of it.

$100/hr?? Hell, come over to Charlotte. They are doing the same thing at the Panthers stadium for $60/hr.

If you love current Neyland I really think you are going to hate the upcoming renovations. I guess I will be one of those annoying people who quote an "unnamed source in the program" but I have been told under good authority the current climate surrounding renovations is to decrease capacity to about 85k, rip out the bleachers and put in stadium seating similar to a NFL stadium. It is consistent with the overall trend in college sports of decreased attendance, will make the gameday experience much better (hence people in theory should pay more for tickets) and no one thinks we are going to be packing Neyland with >100k anytime in the near future. Fulmer was the biggest obstacle to this and insisted UT fans would revolt if Neyland ever dropped below 100k. But Fulmer is gone now. Don't kill the messenger on this one but Neyland is going to become smaller and more luxurious, I am almost certain of it.
Not a bad idea at all. If you're normal sized it's like being in a sardine can.

Reactions: volfaninky
Not a bad idea at all. If you're normal sized it's like being in a sardine can.
It's awful and it's been a problem ever since the 80s when they were in a capacity race with Michigan and the concourses have needed modernizing for 30 years. People get freaked out when you talk about reducing capacity, yet we haven't consistently sold out in years.

VN Store

Back