McDonald's all-Americans

Now let the debate begin no Sara Puckett , Karoline Striplin or Kaiya Wynn

UCONN's 4th signee has already enrolled so wasn't eligible.

Greta Kampshroeder was also an early enrollee, but she made the list. I have to think that was an error on the part of the voting committee.

Edit: Whoops, confused my OrSt players. Talia Von Oehlhoffen was the early enrollee, not Greta, and she did not make the list.

Reactions: mcannon1
Well, the lowest rated players were 32, 34. and 37.

Puckett, Striplin and Wynn are 43, 45 and 62. Not that the numbers mean that they couldn't have been chosen.

Maybe not the HG #'s, but looking at other rating systems in addition to HG, it's not surprising that none of them were selected.

Maybe not the HG #'s, but looking at other rating systems in addition to HG, it's not surprising that none of them were selected.

I’m cool with it... As long as they can contribute bring them on. I feel like they will add quality people and give us quality depth. 22s will need some star power. I believe if she keeps on Ms. Pissott will be an AA because she plays on a good HS team and a top notch summer program

It’s def a feather in the cap but they can come in and contribute to continue to the ship

Last edited:
I’m cool with it... As long as they can contribute bring them on.

It’s def a feather in the cap but they can come in and contribute to continue to the ship

There will be minutes available for them for sure. I don't expect any of them to come in and be an immediate impact player, but those three will be an upgrade over the current bench options available today.

Puckett, Striplin and Wynn are 43, 45 and 62. Not that the numbers mean that they couldn't have been chosen.

Teonni has not played a game this season i don`t think she is hurt she sill practice with the team covid ? opt out ?. Some will debate her making the team ? But it should not be a debate with her skill set she can take over a game on both ends of the floor. I was thinking Kaiya Wynn would make the team.

Numbers and Ranking , and McDonalds AA ...... you can have all of that *+#%€¥ crap !
We have had the AA players : Alexa , Tea , Evian , Hayes , Zay , Jaz , I have seen all of that and what did they do ? Fight ....: Kicked out of school , Transfer , etc. etc.

Rennia and KK stayed and I’ll take those types of players ! JMO
So what type of players do we have ....... Rae was rated #43 , I’d take all of those players you can get here ! Key was ranked 47 , she has contributed from day 1 !!!!! Salary at #57 we can see her going to be a player ! Suarez ..... Great BB IQ and everyone can see it !
So what’s coming: Puckett, Stricklin, Wynn , Miles ! NOT RANKED IN THE 10’s or 20’s so what . Have you read the story of these kids and their families? How they love this game of basketball! Plus Justine’s story !!!!! I believe we will be just fine ..... Kellie has gotten us out of the ditch and back on the highway...... I feel good about where we are headed ! JMO

Numbers and Ranking , and McDonalds AA ...... you can have all of that *+#%€¥ crap !
We have had the AA players : Alexa , Tea , Evian , Hayes , Zay , Jaz , I have seen all of that and what did they do ? Fight ....: Kicked out of school , Transfer , etc. etc.

Rennia and KK stayed and I’ll take those types of players ! JMO
So what type of players do we have ....... Rae was rated #43 , I’d take all of those players you can get here ! Key was ranked 47 , she has contributed from day 1 !!!!! Salary at #57 we can see her going to be a player ! Suarez ..... Great BB IQ and everyone can see it !
So what’s coming: Puckett, Stricklin, Wynn , Miles ! NOT RANKED IN THE 10’s or 20’s so what . Have you read the story of these kids and their families? How they love this game of basketball! Plus Justine’s story !!!!! I believe we will be just fine ..... Kellie has gotten us out of the ditch and back on the highway...... I feel good about where we are headed ! JMO
It's not my $*#@&$**#$ crap. Someone asked for reasons why the Tennessee players weren't chosen. I just listed one.

No doubt that Top players can underachieve and lower ranked players can overachieve.

Looks to me Holly might have recruited the wrong AA players. There are plenty of highly ranked players that don't fight, get kicked out of school or transfer.

I'm looking forward to watching this class next year. I think Coach Harper did well. Just needs one of those top ranked players in 2022 or 2023. You know, the ones that don't fight, etc....

17 seasons coaching. 0 HS All-Americans...
Mizzou St not having any HS AA’s makes sense. But NC State you would think maybe 1 during her time. Oh well just got to coach up the recruits you get. Besides SC really don’t look like we are falling behind the rest of the SEC.

We've seen plenty of McDonalds high school All Americans turn out to not live up to that billing. We seen plenty of players that were not McDonalds All Americans turn out to be A's So we'll find out in the next few seasons.

Reactions: Bballnut1952
Yes, and the transfer portal may help i honestly think Kellie is building slowly but surely
We have several proven players coming back one or two that can be efficient to help puts us in the top half of the SEC. Davis is where you look for help KK we can cover JMO.

We've seen plenty of McDonalds high school All Americans turn out to not live up to that billing. We seen plenty of players that were not McDonalds All Americans turn out to be A's So we'll find out in the next few seasons.

i agree will some McDonalds high school All Americans turn out to not live up to that billing. But most do and with the help of there teammates, Right now if you look at the SEC it has more elite players then any other conference.

Reactions: lfvol

VN Store

Back