Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed it at first.

- AP

I’d interpret that as he has a direct boss instead of being fully his own show.
Heupel seems like a guy that stays in his wheel house and let's his coaches do their jobs. Wonder if if doesn't see Artis as proven or competent. Wonder if he was kept for continuity with the coaching transition and now Heupel doesn't like what he sees.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt
Heupel seems like a guy that stays in his wheel house and let's his coaches do their jobs. Wonder if if doesn't see Artis as proven or competent. Wonder if he was kept for continuity with the coaching transition and know Heupel doesn't like what he sees.
Players love Artis so this is a concession and an honest audition imo.

I guess he still hit the jackpot in his mind, got 3 meals a day and a bed instead of freezing under a bridge. Learned a lot about society working at that store. Always funny when people from the same church/work would wind up at the register and have that awkward moment.
I know what you mean. My Grandmother lived in a small God Fearing county near the Tri-Cities and was actually told to soak raisins in gin to help her arthritis. When her county finally got a liquor store she would still drive to all the way to the other side of Johnson City so no one would see her.

Lot of sour grapes for Henry T in here

Kid is a star and we really need him here next year. Culturally, his dad is running the show though. I’ll hate it if he leaves. I really want to like him but once you take off that Power T its peace out unless you are looking for playing time, which I can respect
He’s one of the biggest quitters we’ve ever seen. TOTAL LOSER!

Tennessee basketball now experiencing the maddening inconsistency of programs that have the “one and done” talent each year.

The previous squads were less talented but far more consistent over the season. Each have their pros and cons and it takes a rare combination for those to hit in all cylinders

Ask Calipari

Heupel seems like a guy that stays in his wheel house and let's his coaches do their jobs. Wonder if if doesn't see Artis as proven or competent. Wonder if he was kept for continuity with the coaching transition and know Heupel doesn't like what he sees.

Well, Artis has never actually ran his own show. Last year was going to be his first year doing that, but with COVID it didn't happen really.

I guess he still hit the jackpot in his mind, got 3 meals a day and a bed instead of freezing under a bridge. Learned a lot about society working at that store. Always funny when people from the same church/work would wind up at the register and have that awkward moment.
Best avatar I've seen in a while.......

Tennessee basketball now experiencing the maddening inconsistency of programs that have the “one and done” talent each year.

The previous squads were less talented but far more consistent over the season. Each have their pros and cons and it takes a rare combination for those to hit in all cylinders

Ask Calipari
Agree completely; but, another issue right now...need to get healthy. Banged up.

Brumfield sounds like a good one and if it is the case we have a HC thst actually cares about special teams being a focus. Special teams coverage and return units were so poorly coached under Pruitt. That was one thing Butch was good at was the return/coverage game. Pruitt idiot wanted fair catches all the time instead of returns.

Do not care if Artis is unhappy or not. He should be lucky he was kept around. I doubt he has many opportunities with same title.

Imo Gray will regret leaving TN. Does Oklahoma run the ball? All I see them do is pass. I have wondered if he was encouraged to leave for his part in the investigation.

OU runs the ball a lot.

Samoan culture... will never happen

Respect your elders.

Ask Calipari

Talent wise next year may not be "as good" as this year's squad, but I actually think consistency wise we'll be stronger next year while still having good success. If any 1 of the likely 3 draft guys returns (Keon, Springer, Pons) then we may see the squad picked to compete for the SEC.

I feel like a few guys on the squad could have that 3rd year bump that seems common among Barnes developed guys. Gaines, Olivier, and even Bailey would all be entering their 3rd season with the staff going into next season.

Everyone speculating on the bar fight litigation seems to be missing the point that most Plaintiffs' lawyers don't want to spend the time and effort to get empty verdicts. Suing two Okie amateur cage fighters who don't have a pot to piss in isn't going to result in a recoverable judgment even if they do convince a jury that they committed battery.

If there's going to be a claim, it will be against the bar for negligent security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back